Reporting cheaters

#1 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

Is there a way to report cheaters playing MW2?  I googled it but found nothing. There's been a cheater using auto-aim in the past 5 matches I've been in on PC. It's nowhere near this bad on PS3.

#2 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Just gotta deal with in apparently. PS3?

#3 Edited by raynate2022 (301 posts) -

Unless you have indisputable proof, there isn't much you can do. 

#4 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" Just gotta deal with in apparently. PS3? "
He's playing the PC version, he is hoping that it isn't as bad in the PS3 version.
#5 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

PC shooter = cheaters. Reporting them won't help much.

#6 Edited by William (441 posts) -

Get an admin to kick him - o wait!

#7 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

I've been playing it on both, but the cheating on the PC is horrible. I know it goes on everywhere, but it's just more popular apparently on the PC - or maybe more accessible. Not sure why, but I know it makes me not even want to play the game anymore.

#8 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:
He's playing the PC version, he is hoping that it isn't as bad in the PS3 version. "
But I meant would something like that would happen on the PS3 in the first place?
#9 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" @Karmum said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:
He's playing the PC version, he is hoping that it isn't as bad in the PS3 version. "
But I meant would something like that would happen on the PS3 in the first place? "
I'd think it would be very unlikely. Haven't seen this happen in my time with the X360 version, and I bet it'd be the same with the PS3 version.
#10 Posted by Binman88 (3690 posts) -

Unfortunately, no dedicated servers means no admins policing their servers for cheaters/troublemakers. Just have to put it up with it it seem.

#11 Edited by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail said:

" I've been playing it on both, but the cheating on the PC is horrible. I know it goes on everywhere, but it's just more popular apparently on the PC - or maybe more accessible. Not sure why, but I know it makes me not even want to play the game anymore. "

For now, it's possible to cheat on the PC version due to custom made mods that have but one single purpose; auto-aim. As for PS3, I believe it's not possible yet. However, some people would purchase Frag-FX, making it drastically easier to pull off headshots and rack up more kills thus having a upper hand than other players and considered "unfair" play. Not sure why you would say "It's nowhere near this bad on PS3." As all I'm getting from that is; your implying that it's happening on PS3 as well but not as effective as the PC version.
#12 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail said:
There's been a cheater using auto-aim in the past 5 matches I've been in on PC.
Well there's your problem.
#13 Posted by Lowbrow (840 posts) -

Isn't this one of those things that IWNET was supposed to fix?

#14 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@Lowbrow: Apparently it didn't take long before hackers managed to bypass whatever security on IWNet has or something.

Again. PC players = more likely to be cheaters.

I really don't see the incentive to cheat in a game. It doesn't make it anymore fun just cheating and gaining a huge upper hand. Do they suck that much?
#15 Posted by Forcen (1854 posts) -
#16 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -
@Forcen said:
" http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/6115913241 "
And there you have it, problem solved. PC is a lot more cheater friendly, so if you really hate that just play on a console. MW2 on PC lost its most of its advantages anyway, so playing on a console would be preferable imo.
#17 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

VAC is retarded.  Tried reporting some auto-aim issues in CS:S years ago and looked up how to report stuff to VAC and the disclaimer on the page essentially says, "You can send a complaint E-Mail to this address, but we won't read it and nothing will be done about it."

#18 Posted by Forcen (1854 posts) -
@Chokobo: Thats right, VAC does not work that way. You report cheats not cheaters.
#19 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

I'm still afraid to buy this game. Seems like too many people are having too many problems with this game on pc. Although I am now the happy owner of a 360...so maybe Ill just go that route.

#20 Posted by gungrave45 (125 posts) -

maybe ur just bad at the game and ur complaining too much.

#21 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@William said:
" Get an admin to kick him - o wait! "
I see what you did there.
#22 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

The best thing to do is leave the game, or call them out. I was playing in a match and a guy with aimbot got the last kill. Everyone saw this guy go back and forth between two guys headshotting them with dual glocks. Everyone started yelling at him, calling him a hacker, and he left due to embarrassment. I don't see the point in hacking honestly. You're ruining it for everyone else, and you're ruining it for yourself...

#23 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

This wouldn't be as much of a problem if they didn't remove dedicated servers.

#24 Posted by ChaosGenesis (1 posts) -

Guys, I'm new to this site. In fact I only came into it because I was also searching for answers regarding this problem. I'm so annoyed. Just a few minutes ago I was playing with a wallhacker which was OBVIOUSLY wallhacking. In the killcam I saw him following the guy with his crosshair through a wall, and he did it to me even when I was using Ninja pro, so he couldnt have heard me. I ended up on the same team as him and followed him around. Whenever a guy apparently would be coming he would stand on the side and wait for him, then get him from behind. Thing is because NO ONE watches killcams like I do (theyre so stuck into the bluffin game) I was the only guy who kept complaining to him. I got no credibility. I paid 44 euros for this game and an annoying non-skilled bastard comes and ruins it for you. And he was only lvl15 and getting higher scores than prestigers. But then again, no one had eyes to see the scores apparently. I can't do anything about this. Isn't there anything like punkbuster which is active on IWNET? I kept telling him i would report him, but i knew that i couldn't because IW did a bad job on server stuff. Just felt like sharing my thoughts with you guys. Sorry for caps or any rude language, but It's just too much. Thanks.

#25 Posted by kg4mxv (1 posts) -

Simple just find another match, if everyone notices the cheater then leaves then the troll won't have any targets for XP  that is the most effective and simple way. 
I have no problem ditching the wanker and finding a better match.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.