Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Rewards for Finishing Single player (May be Spoilers)

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By fentonalpha

Rewards.... as far as i can see there are none .  Which, y'know is fine i guess.... more often than not the story is a reward in itself.  In MW2 that's debatable.
    I felt the Museum was a let down, i was hoping for "Arcade Mode" again or something. 

I have seen though, as with the first game, when i look at players profiles online, nobody has any Single Player achievements.  Hardly anyone is playing it.
    So i sugest for MW3, rather than just suggesting or highly recommending i play Campaign first when accessing Multi-player, reward 1 or a couple of novel, if not game changing multiplayer awards.
    Examples: 
    10 Characters unlocked  for Clan tag than just 4 - a saved the world badge of honor.
    Call-signs unlocked for level completion, that maybe grant small bonus' such as 10% extra sprint time, Noobtubers glow red or makes your man shout "I'm OSCAR MIKE!" when you sprint. 
    Completing on Veteran could give you a good perk like "Knife Proof" or 2 Claymores.

Suggestions?.... what would you like?.
    Also I'm sure we've seen this thread all before but it gives me an excuse to say my ideas.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I have no clue why people would play only multiplayer and never touch the single player. That's just silly.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I wouldn't mind seeing new skins or other aesthetic rewards for completing the single-player campaign, but I don't think there should be anything functionally game-changing.  People shouldn't be penalized if they don't enjoy the single player, so new perks or gameplay bonuses would be a negative.  

I still root for the idea that in World at War, when you use the flamethrower for a kill, the Mortal Kombat guy should pop up and shrill, "Toasty!"

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By LiquidS

I played through most of the single player campaign but havent actually finished it yet, hopefully get around to it before Bad Company as I doublt I'll have much time for MW2 then.
    Spec ops is fun when a buddy comes over but I find multiplayer more enjoyable than the single player campagin. 

Having a reason to finish the campaign, besides the story, such as unlocks would make me finish the game. 
    Have no real solid suggestions on these unlocks should be but like some of your ideas.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green
    @natetodamax said:
    " I have no clue why people would play only multiplayer and never touch the single player. That's just silly. "
    this. i don't understand either why people pay $60 for a game just to play multiplayer. i find it to be a waste of money to do that. i also noticed this when i use to play halo 3. a lot of people didn't finish the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.