So one crazy person sparks a whole war?

#1 Posted by Deadmeat (94 posts) -

Seriously that has to be the dumbest thing ever. So if a person from China decides to go on a killing spree tomorrow, we go to war with them? Doesn't make any sense... 

Seriously this game just doesn't hold up anymore. I thought it was awesome last year but trying to play the single player again... Yah I get the "story" but it's just so mind numbing. There is no shock factor when you try to shock the player every 5 minutes. 

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Didn't... Hitler... spark an entire war?

#3 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I thought the point was that he was CIA or some other government official, so it wasn't just the act of a person but the act of a government.

#4 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@Deadmeat:  The story as a whole is crazy. In the end it doesn't really add up, but the reason Russia went to war with the US makes more sense than you seem to be giving it credit for. The dude was from the CIA and massacred civilians. It looked like the US sanctioned the slaughter of innocent.
#5 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -
#6 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

How about Gavrilo Princip?

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6186 posts) -

How about every fucked up dictator ever?

#8 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Year later and people are still making these threads.

#9 Edited by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

You know... because COD is supposed to be realistic.  

And yeah man head of Gavrilo Princip? 
Sure, they were all looking for an excuse to fight each other, but it can only take one even sometimes. 

#10 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Isn't MW2 Russia supposedly ruled by Ultranationalists despite Zakhaev's demise?

So thus, when a CIA agent participates in a mass murder and is discovered by one of the nation's kingpins, how would one not expect the country to flip? Especially when they're receiving some backdoor kickback thanks to

and they already hate the British thanks to Soap taking Zakhaev down?
#11 Posted by natetodamax (19176 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" Didn't... Hitler... spark an entire war? "
Technically it was the Nazi army, but he gave the orders so you could say that.
#12 Posted by Jimbo (9775 posts) -

If the 'person from China' was acting on behalf of the Chinese State, sure.  That would be considered an act of war.

#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

As others have mentioned, it's kinda actually happened before. Plus it's just a game. Plot points such as these shouldn't determine whether or not it "holds up".

#15 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

For a game that's meant to have no plot, no story and just be a Michael Bay experience, the amount of people who don't get MW2 is tragic, hilarious and unsettling all at once.

#16 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
Your American aren't you?
#17 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

Don't try to make sense of MW2's plot.

It's not worth the effort.

#18 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
Your American aren't you? "
This.
#19 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" @SoothsayerGB said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
This. "
Yes, and I'm terrible with history. Please educate me.
#20 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:
" Year later and people are still making these threads. "
so true...  lets just forget this glitchy ass, begginer friendly (i hate saying noob), plotless fps game
#21 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" @SoothsayerGB said:
" @Vinchenzo said:
This. "
So am I, but I know that it was caused by a variety of factors. What does being american have to do with anything?
#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

in COD years, MW2 is a 10 year old game.. we're done discussing it, its ancient history

#23 Posted by Tuggah (1072 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose:  this was my thought exactly.
#24 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Osama did the same thing on a sunny September day.  

#25 Edited by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that one guy managed to spark WWI. You know, the assassin who killed the Archduke and his wife? And I mean literally, almost the same exact thing as what happened in MW2. 

Too bad there aren't any ninja edits, or people wouldn't notice my mistakes.

#26 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1843 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" in COD years, MW2 is a 10 year old game.. we're done discussing it, its ancient history "
If MW2 were a ten year old game, it might actually be a little fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.