Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Switching Weapons vs. Mastering them

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By thebignasty

I don't know if anyone knows or not, but are there any stats on when it is best to switch weapons for challenges and such to speed up leveling?  I can't decide if it's better switching after unlocking the easy challenges/attachments, or if it's better to switch after mastering a weapon.  Mastering takes more time/kills, but gives a ton more experience, so I was just wondering if anyone out there had any data on this.

Even if you don't have any real data to back it up, what has worked best for you: switching often or mastering weapons?

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Mastering Weapons for sure. I found you can prestige faster if you master one or two specific weapons. I'm going onto my 5th prestige and can confirm that it has taken me less time to prestige each time as i have concenrated on 1 or 2 weapons.

Give it a go and see what works best for you.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Druminator
    @CornontheCobbe: I'll have to try this. I switch between a lot of guns, maybe that's why this Prestige is taking so long.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @Druminator: Definitely man! I found that completing the challenges takes some time, but keep using the weapon and you get more and more XP for every stage of the challenge. eg, headshots. 

It might speed up your prestige process!
    Champoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Champoo

It sucks for me because the weapons I do want to level up the most are the M16 and ACR :P

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Th3_James

I would love if there was a playlist or a series of playlists that gives everyone all weapons and upgrades and no ranks. I am level 45 in mw:2 I don't play much, but would like to skip all the leveling shit

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By thebignasty

Just prestiged, so I'm gonna try mastering my weapons this time through then and see how that goes.

I guess the good thing about mastering is I don't have to worry about using crappy guns as I level.

uhtingly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uhtingly

I constantly use a specific weapon. What i recommend is that you master close range and mid range weapons. That how it works for me. It does depend on the player and what they want to do, just be smart in choosing your weapons to your style of play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.