Talent Across Systems

#1 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

I've been having this debate with this guy for like 2 days now, he says I'm bad at MW2 because the way I talk about and how he's so good, then I come to find out he plays on PS3. That made my day because the level of talent on PS3 is a joke. I bring this up and he says his friends say it's no different lol. I know I can't be the only person to see the difference So I wanted to know, for those that have played on both which is more talented.

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

they're the same to me? i don't know, i can't tell. either way i'm getting shot in the face by dudes 

#3 Posted by ColinRyan (295 posts) -

I'm gonna go for PC.

#4 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

i dont fully understand, which has more talent?
i would think it would be on a person by person basis more than either platform
though i guess the PC tends to allow for faster reaction time and higher accuracy, so if thats what you mean, i guess theres an answer for you

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (11866 posts) -

It would easily be PC if you're including that.

#6 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Talent = Level of experienced skilled FPS players 

1 - PC  
2 - 360 
3 - PS3 

#7 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

360 might be better just because of a larger player base.  That might end up not making a difference too, because that means there are more bad players and the lack of actual matchmaking doesn't guarantee you will be with the better players.

#8 Posted by MetalMoog (907 posts) -

I have it for both consoles and find I do a hell of a lot better on the PS3 version.  I'm not sure if it's to due with the player skill level, or the controller.  I find I can aim a lot quicker and more accurately using the PS3 controller over the Xbox one.

#9 Posted by me3639 (1729 posts) -

So what you are asking is which system has the most players without jobs, or a life?

#10 Posted by onetwentyse7en (14 posts) -

I haven't played on the pc, but it seems to be those playing on the xbox tend to be better.  A good chunk of xbox360 owners are fps enthusiasts, and I don't think the same can be said about the ps3.

#11 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't think that any system is better than one. they are both the same game just different controllers.

#12 Posted by senrat (316 posts) -

People who play on the 360 are generally better than PS3 players.  I played MW2 for a long time on the 360 and did ok. The first time i ever touched a PS3 controller i played MW2 and got a 20 kill streak first round.  I kept on playing and realized the people on the PS3 are just worse at the game which allowed me to do really good even though i had no experience with the controller.

#13 Posted by Sander (409 posts) -

I had been wondering about this myself and I woulda thought that PS3 are better players because I would imagine they're more mature and know not to run out carelessly into the middle of an open battlefield and get killed. But I guess I'm wrong!

@senrat said:

"

People who play on the 360 are generally better than PS3 players.  I played MW2 for a long time on the 360 and did ok. The first time i ever touched a PS3 controller i played MW2 and got a 20 kill streak first round.  I kept on playing and realized the people on the PS3 are just worse at the game which allowed me to do really good even though i had no experience with the controller.

"
#14 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

I've only had a brief experience with the Ps3 but i have to say the players i encountered seemed less competant then the xbox 360 players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.