Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

That damn care package glitch

pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By pplus0440

It's rare to get into a game where someone isnt doing it... 
    anyone know how to do it? 
    and when the patch to get rid of it is coming
    wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By wh1terav3n

patch should be any day :/

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nukesniper

The patch is on the way. Robert Bowling has addressed it on Twitter. 

As to how to do it, no I don't concern myself with such things. I haven't played MW2 in a while, but I also stick to the fact that I don't need to stoop so low to get kills. 

Basically, if in order for someone to have fun with a game they have to take away from everyone else's fun, fuck them. Its a shame MW2 has such a following of people... 

Note: To clarify, I wasn't directing that statement at you. I'm always a little curious as to how to do these glitches as well, but only so I know what kind of trouble that jerk is going through so that he can break the game to help himself.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

I assume you mean the running one?

KennyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By KennyPowers
    @Ineedaname: No, theres a new one where you can basically have infinite care package/airdrop markers.  It basically means that there are constantly different killstreaks goin on.  Its the most annoying of all the glitches so far.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ineedaname
    @KennyPowers: 
    Oh well that sounds like major fun, and thinking of it, I think I've been victim to that then.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure

It is relatively easy to do, but out of all the major glitches and bugs this is the only one that has been "game breaking" for me. I'm insanely tired of getting into a game with infinite air support. One pavelow down, another enters, one harrier down, another takes its place, etc. Most of my deaths over the past few days has been from people abusing the glitch, I do really hope the patch is soon because I haven't had any fun playing over the past few days because of it. *sigh*

Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Spiral_Stars

Care packages are the stupidest thing they put in this game.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thegoldencat7
    @Spiral_Stars said:

"Care packages are the stupidest thing they put in this game. "

Whats stupid about a helicopter dropping a crate with a magical laptop inside.  

Wait a minute...
    Avatar image for aneternalenigma
    AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AnEternalEnigma

Bad news. Infinity Ward said the patch was pulled back from 360 certification on January 28 because they found another way to do the care package glitch. They said they'd update when the patch was re-submitted. No updates yet.

Avatar image for animalveststudios
    AnimalVestStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Spiral_Stars: Stupider that Akimbo shotties, Tactical Insertions, and Killstreaks that promote camping? 
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @pplus0440: It's true that it really ruins the game. I hate constantly getting bombarded by AC-130 shells every 2 minutes.

And it is a relatively easy glitch to do. I have tried it out a few times since it popped up. It's not worth it though in the long-run, because you usually get killed a bunch for attempting to do it, as your so concentrated on doing the glitch right.

So. Get a care package container and hold it. Run up to a wall, ledge, or a car that you can press X or A to jump up onto. Hold RT (Fire) back so it looks like your going to throw it, and press A to jump up on the wall. Just before you are going to get to the top, double tap the right D-Pad. If done right, you should be holding the Care package container on top of the wall. If done wrong, you will be holding your gun and may shoot off a round or two as you are still holding RT.

If you have done it right, you will have the care package container ready to throw and when you throw it your care package comes in. Then pick up the kill-streak. As soon as you have used the kill-streak (predator missile, chopper gunner etc.) , you will notice you have another care package. Repeat the process again to piss the other team off big time. If you get ammo in the care-package then you must die for you to see your care package in the right d-pad corner.
    krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By krummey

How in the hell did anyone figure that out?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iam3green
    @Krummey said:
    " How in the hell did anyone figure that out? "
    people have no life so they figure things out. i actually think that infinity ward is doing it for the lolz. they say hey lets make infinite care packages. yeah that will really piss them off. so they will make a way to get it. i wounder what they are going to make next. 

the ps3 version was fixed. which is good i guess.
    NeverDeadXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NeverDeadXE
    @iam3green:
    since people have no life, another glitch will pop up as soon as IW fixes this one.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JokerSmilez

Ya, I've been caught in a few games with this going on (always seems to be the other team that's cheating though) I really think it is the most game-breaking of all the glitches. The first time it happened to me, I knew something was going wrong but I decided to stick around until the end of the game. It was a Domination game and when it ended everyone on my team had at least 40 deaths. So much fun... At least now people know about the glitch and recognize that it's happening almost immediately and everyone leaves the game.

Seriously though, when they release patches that fix these kind of malicious glitches, they should ban anyone who's used them. I don't know if they can track that kind of thing, but seriously, anyone needing to ruin a game to pad their stats or cheat to get their K/D ratio up should die in a fire. 

I don't blame IW for this though. When you have this many people playing your game, it's bound to happen. People are douchebags and will cheat if they can. Blizzard has been dealing with this for years with things like maps hacks in Starcraft, dupping in Diablo, etc. The cost of making a popular game. I just hope there is some kind of punishment or retribution for the people caught using it.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Jadeskye

they could have held reign on this shit so much better if they just had dedicated servers.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By JokerSmilez

@jadeskye: 
    ...on the 360? 

I was just checking out Robert Bowling's twitter:

• @ELEV8TOR: " @ fourzerotwo @ majornelson, If I "File a Complaint" via the XBOX Dashbord, will that do anything to stop cheaters from glitch'ing in MW2?"
    • @fourzerotwo: " @ ELEV8TOR Yes. That flags them for Xbox Live's policy enforcement to review and handle. I suggest it for any glitchers or prestige boosters."

So, I don't know how likely it is that people WILL get banned or punished, but there's something that we can do if we end up in a game where this is happening besides just quit.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MKHavoc

I played for the first time in about a week last night and this was going on in every match I played.  I'm thinking of putting a stinger on all of my classes now.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bionicicide

Those glitchers are compensating for their low self-esteem on their small penis.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Jadeskye
    @JokerSmilez:  yes. with the hundreds of millions they've made, a couple hundred grand on some servers wouldn't be a bad call.
    Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too be honest I'd pay for DLC that allows me to play on dedicated servers at this point.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Computerplayer1

Prediction: Will get fixed. Three weeks from the fix date, someone will find a way to summon Jesus, effectively winning the game much in the same way a tactical nuke does.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24  Edited By the8bitNacho

That's still around?  I thought that was patched in the very first title update for the game all the way back in November.  Huh.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By withateethuh

They've already said the patch is being certified.

Chaossebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26  Edited By Chaossebba

If there is anything they need to remove or power down its the fucking grenade launchers if you ask me.

But yeah that care package glitch is incredibly retarded.

Maxism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Maxism

I didn't run into this glitch except once. Then again, I only play Search and Destroy.

I think I saw someone trying to do it, but he failed miserably. Someone rushed the spawn and killed him and took his glitch. I was spectating (since I just joined the game) and it was hilarious. Except for the part where we got spammed harrier strikes every round.

Avatar image for animalveststudios
    AnimalVestStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was dealing with it untill I got ALL of the stinger challenges completed now I'm fucking pissed.

Only time I've ever done it was with an Emergency airdrop on Afgan in FFA and I just kept throwing them outside the radiation zone.  Hilarious, people really wanted those.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By MjHealy

Free-for-all is really annoying with the running glitch and Ground War is insane with the infinite Care Packages.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By apathylad
    @Kombat: 

Yeah, but a new method was discovered on how to get it. My friend showed me how to do it, and it's a much easier glitch then last time. I haven't played MW 2 lately though, I think I lost interest.

People have been pretty hostile about the glitch though, check out this dude's twitter:
      Hi infinity ward fix the fucking care package glitch before i rape all of your mothers with a chainsaw in the ass
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MikkaQ

You know this kinda makes me wish the patch just added a game mode called "Throwback Team Deathmatch" where it's just COD4's team deathmatch. The 3 classic killstreaks, party chat, and whatnot. 

Or just have a killstreakless mode. Either way, killstreaks are too easy to abuse, that's for sure. It's got to be my leading cause of death in that game, is getting shot to shit by a harrier, or blown up by an ac-130, or nuked to all hell. Real frustrating. 

Also I'm pissed about how xbox patches need stupid certification. PS3 version isn't much better though, there was a patch every three days, and they took so long to download.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By immike

That sucks man...I don't play the game anymore, but I do hope they patch these things for the rest of the players. I just hope these patches come out sooner, or that the glitches eventually stop. It seems to have been non-stop glitches from day 1. :\

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rebirth1337

" http://bit.ly/bkHzIl Modern Warfare 2 Care Package Fix on the way. (for those asking) This includes sprinting with and calling multiple in. "  Taken form his Twitter, this was posted about an hour ago.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By immike
    @Apathylad said:
    " @Kombat: 

Yeah, but a new method was discovered on how to get it. My friend showed me how to do it, and it's a much easier glitch then last time. I haven't played MW 2 lately though, I think I lost interest.

People have been pretty hostile about the glitch though, check out this dude's twitter:
      Hi infinity ward fix the fucking care package glitch before i rape all of your mothers with a chainsaw in the ass "
    Wow that's intense. 
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ArchScabby

I've never seen anyone doing it, but that's probably because I don't know what it is.  I've heard people complain about it though.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @Rebirth1337 said:
    " " http://bit.ly/bkHzIl Modern Warfare 2 Care Package Fix on the way. (for those asking) This includes sprinting with and calling multiple in. "  Taken form his Twitter, this was posted about an hour ago. "
    Hmmm.... I kind of agree with the sprinting, but calling multiple is legit to me. If i get 4 kills, then have a Care Package, then i die, and i do not use it and then get another 4 kills... does that count i wonder?
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#37  Edited By apathylad
    @CornontheCobbe: 
    no, that's not a glitch.
    backflip10019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By backflip10019

Bah, I'm so sick of running into glitchers. Out of the dozen or so games that I played today, I'd say that 90% of them had care package glitchers in them. IW and MS need to hurry up and fix this travesty.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By meptron

So far I've found the PS3 version to be relatively free of the glitches people talk about. But I ran into this one a couple of times yesterday and today. Sucks. Although if you use cold-blooded and some stingers it's easy to find an isolated part of the map and rack up some easy points shooting stuff out of the sky.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Bionicicide said:
    " Those glitchers are compensating for their low self-esteem on their small penis. "
    true dat
    jokingknight22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jokingknight22
    @Zenaxzd:
    Couldn't agree more.  This  glitch is really getting out of hand.  There is no satisfaction of getting a win anymore if you are on a team that does it or playing the game if you lose to it.  i can't understand the logic behind spending 60 dollars on a game only to cheat your way through it.  I thought buying a game and playing it for the enjoyment was what this is all about.  This is why i am really excited about the games that are coming out (Bioshock 2, God of War 3, etc.)  i have such a love/hate relationship with this game that it is really disappointing when i have to put it down for idiots and cheaters.  IW better fix this or they are gonna find alot of people going to over to Bad Company 2 including myself.
    Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rebirth1337
    @jokingknight22 said:
    " @Zenaxzd: Couldn't agree more.  This  glitch is really getting out of hand.  There is no satisfaction of getting a win anymore if you are on a team that does it or playing the game if you lose to it.  i can't understand the logic behind spending 60 dollars on a game only to cheat your way through it.  I thought buying a game and playing it for the enjoyment was what this is all about.  This is why i am really excited about the games that are coming out (Bioshock 2, God of War 3, etc.)  i have such a love/hate relationship with this game that it is really disappointing when i have to put it down for idiots and cheaters.  IW better fix this or they are gonna find alot of people going to over to Bad Company 2 including myself. "
    They wont care you have already paid $60 for it so they did there job as far as they care.
    deathface123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deathface123

glitchers take the fairness and the competitiveness of a game. im no mlg l33t n0 scopez by any means just a casual player but mw2 is no fun atm..
    but ive been playing a lot of bad company 2 too and it is pretty intense!
    is bc2 free from glitchers tho? im new to the series

Acheria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Acheria

Ok i have encountered the Car package glitch constantly. Truth be told it is annoying but there are ways to get around it and win. 

1. If your in deathmatch, talk to your team and make sure you have at least 2 people with Stinger missile launchers on their class. then when you notice people doing it have the rest of your team constantly push up towards the glicher and take him out (and mercilessly tea bag him and shoot his dead lifeless body). It may take a few tries to get up to him but you should be able to break through their lines. (Oh and Cold-Blooded is a life saver! You don't NEED Stopping power to take someone out. It helps but it isn't needed). 

2. If you are playing domination, again have at least 2 people on your team with Stingers, but instead of going for the care-packager just capture 2 flags and camp like you have never camped before! If you hold at least 2 Flags for the majority of the game, you WILL win!  I have never lost a match of domination while someone is care-packaging.  

The key to all of your winning needs is,
    Take your time,
    Communicate with your team CONSTANTLY!
    Have fun!
     And when you win, RUB IT IN THOSE CHEATING BASTARDS FACES ABOUT HOW BAD THEY ARE!!!! 

Hope this helps a little.

-Archie *TG*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.