Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Why does everyone hate MW2?

• 158 results
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By immike
    @ZGoon: Cause of a lot of different reasons that have been explained to death. BTW, your avatar is awwwwesome!
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#152  Edited By asurastrike

If everyone hated it, it wouldn't have sold so many copies.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#153  Edited By rjayb89

For some reason this thread reminded me of this: 

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By calidan777
    @Skytylz said:
    " It's cool to hate popular things, first rule of forums. "
    this.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By Shadow
    @Shadow said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Damn.  This topic is so old that I beat myself to it.
    Rongaryen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By Rongaryen

I don't hate the game.  I don't find MW2 particularly fun, interesting to play, or see it as a form of stress relief, either.  I played the first one a bunch and I think that's all I really need to play of the MW games.  Hopefully the Modern Warfare brand is put on ice for a bit so that the new team that's working on the third installment makes it an enjoyable experience again.  Kudos to the new MW team. 

Avatar image for xcrazyxlunaticx
    xCRAZYxLUNATiCx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#157  Edited By xCRAZYxLUNATiCx

The game is fine but the people who really screw up the game are campers, there is no point in waiting for some dude to come out a building or running past you. You should camp in Special Ops or Single Player on veteran mode instead of rushing. The 10th prestige lobby's do suck as well, there are always people who don't have the patience to level all the way to the 10th prestige. Glitching & Exploiting are really helpfull in Special Ops for example High Explosive and many more. But still Modern Warfare 2 ain't really that bad. But i still pick Battlefield: Bad Company 2 over Modern Warfare 2.

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#158  Edited By Slaneesh

I love it and hate it

why? 

1: Not only does it reward camping but entices it by making you have to stay alive as long as possible to get killstreaks.
    2: To many incredible cheap ways to kill people.
     : Teleporting knife aka commando, where you fly at opponents Chuck Norris Style
     : Akimbo moddels which gladly got fixed, though i still think shotguns should be primary weopens
     : Noobtube RPG 1marmy/scavenger build is just broken. Point and click and people die. How is that a good gameplay mechanic
    3: Tactical insertion boosters which are in 40% of all Free For All games i play
    4: Spawning system thats broken more than any other game ive played. Example would be in Terminal. Played a free for all, killed a guy in the gift shop, he spawns right at the spawn behind the wall, kills me, then i spawn there and kill him
    5: "Noob friendly stuff" -- Painkiller, thermal and heatbeatsensor. 

My best sollution to all this.

Newer play Free for all

Use, 

Sleight of Hand Pro
    Coldblooded Pro
    Ninja Pro (Every class i got has this perk on it. It´s the most crucial perk in the game. You become immune to heartbeatsensors and soundWhoring)

Tar 21 silenced and UMP  i find to be the best cold weopens
    (shotgun)
    Blast shield.

You would be supprised how well one can do when newer appearing on the radar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.