Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Why Modern Warfare 2 will be The Best Game Ever.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By SimpsonFan

Oh my God. I never been so hyped for a game. Me and my friends have been playing modern warfare  for almost a year and a half. I spent my '08 summer off of school playing Call of Duty 4  all night. Modern Warfare is my favorite game of all time. I never really played games online until Modern Warfare. Most of my not really close friends seem to think World At War is all so better but Modern Warfare still gives me that wow factor. I was 10th Prestige in Call of Duty 4 and I will be in Modern Warfare 2.

Modern Warfare was like nothing I ever played before. A Balanced FPS with great maps and guns. I have well to 19 Days put into the original Modern Warfare and oh my Moder
    n Warfare 2 is going to be awesome. It's by Infinity Ward and they know their crap. I never really played CoD4 for the campaign but I beat it. It was great and was like no other game I've ever played. I First Person Nuke? A Last Stand, Kill the general? Snip a guy and make his arm fly off? Me and my friends would have sleepovers and play this game all night. Heck, we even started at 3pm and ended at 3am once.

From my Point of View in the trailer, I think it's russians trying to terroize a American Airport. So, Russians are back. I saw a snowy landscape and a submarine. I also saw a scuba diver. Possible mission types and environment's in the Modern Warfare 2? I saw choppers, does that mean 7 killstreak is a chopper.

I Don't know about you, but 11/10/09 won't freakin' come.
    SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SimpsonFan

Oh my God. I never been so hyped for a game. Me and my friends have been playing modern warfare  for almost a year and a half. I spent my '08 summer off of school playing Call of Duty 4  all night. Modern Warfare is my favorite game of all time. I never really played games online until Modern Warfare. Most of my not really close friends seem to think World At War is all so better but Modern Warfare still gives me that wow factor. I was 10th Prestige in Call of Duty 4 and I will be in Modern Warfare 2.

Modern Warfare was like nothing I ever played before. A Balanced FPS with great maps and guns. I have well to 19 Days put into the original Modern Warfare and oh my Moder
    n Warfare 2 is going to be awesome. It's by Infinity Ward and they know their crap. I never really played CoD4 for the campaign but I beat it. It was great and was like no other game I've ever played. I First Person Nuke? A Last Stand, Kill the general? Snip a guy and make his arm fly off? Me and my friends would have sleepovers and play this game all night. Heck, we even started at 3pm and ended at 3am once.

From my Point of View in the trailer, I think it's russians trying to terroize a American Airport. So, Russians are back. I saw a snowy landscape and a submarine. I also saw a scuba diver. Possible mission types and environment's in the Modern Warfare 2? I saw choppers, does that mean 7 killstreak is a chopper.

I Don't know about you, but 11/10/09 won't freakin' come.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Shadow

mkay so...green + gun noises + WWII-style cliche flashback sequence = best game ever....alright I follow you

ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ishotmrburns
    Shadow said:
    "mkay so...green + gun noises + WWII-style cliche flashback sequence = best game ever....alright I follow you"
    "I'm not easily impressed. Wow! A blue car!"
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still don`t understand what made COD4 so "great" as everyone says, I found Rainbow Six: Vegas a much better game, COD4 just seemed like any other shooter with modern guns, maybe I`m just being simple minded but it just didn`t click for me.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SimpsonFan

It's best game ever because it has Infinity Ward making it and it's the Sequel to CoD4! WOAH! The Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile!

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ParanoidFreak
    Bucketdeth said:
    "I still don`t understand what made COD4 so "great" as everyone says, I found Rainbow Six: Vegas a much better game, COD4 just seemed like any other shooter with modern guns, maybe I`m just being simple minded but it just didn`t click for me."
    I would say Call Of Duty 4 was better than the first Rainbow Six: Vegas, but it would definitely be close between Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and Call of Duty 4.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By crunchUK
    ParanoidFreak said:
    "Bucketdeth said:
    "I still don`t understand what made COD4 so "great" as everyone says, I found Rainbow Six: Vegas a much better game, COD4 just seemed like any other shooter with modern guns, maybe I`m just being simple minded but it just didn`t click for me."
    I would say Call Of Duty 4 was better than the first Rainbow Six: Vegas, but it would definitely be close between Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and Call of Duty 4."
    rainbow six 3 /thread
    jimb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By jimb0

I like Call of Duty 4.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9  Edited By Geno
    Bucketdeth said:
    I share the same sentiment. I thought COD 1 and 2 were far better for their time.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Jayge_

Uh... Modern Warfare was nothing close to "balanced", and while maps *are* a matter of personal taste, from an objective design standpoint, MW had some pretty good ones, but none of them were really excellent in terms of gameplay flow, spawn balancing or features/hidden scenery/stuff.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By crunchUK
    Jayge said:
    "Uh... Modern Warfare was nothing close to "balanced", and while maps *are* a matter of personal taste, from an objective design standpoint, MW had some pretty good ones, but none of them were really excellent in terms of gameplay flow, spawn balancing or features/hidden scenery/stuff."
    they were all campaign cut-outs...
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By iamjohn

Modern Warfare's a great game, but it's nowhere near "best FPS game ever."  Hell, it wasn't even the best multiplayer FPS to come out in 2007 (that would be TF2).

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I can't wait for this one myself, looks like it should make up for WaW.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By DBoy

Should be a good one, but let's wait a while before we call it the best game ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.