XBOX 360 MW2 Bombing Run!

• 172 results
#1 Edited by myslead (923 posts) -

MW Bombing Run! - A community game night

Following my late night rant about matchmaking and also following Skye initiative to start a gathering of Playstation 3 Modern Warfare 2 players from the Giant Bomb community to  avoid playing with clueless morons, I decided to start the 360 version of it since there is none of that as of yet... which clearly surprised me.

DateTime (GMT)
Time (EST)
Time (PST)
27 February 2010
 12:00:00 AM
 8:00:00 PM
 5:00:00 PM

Nothing too official, didn't pick a clan tag and what not... It's mainly just to play with organized people that knows how to play the game, but I guess that these things will come together as everything progress.  If you read my previous thread, I might have come off as a bit elitist, it's not a matter of being good or not, it's all about communication and playing as a team.

How to participate

To join, just like the PS3 edition, post your gamertag in this thread and I will compile the names who showed up for the runs in the nifty little table that you can find just below this, which I'll try to keep as updated as possible. Cheers.  Also you can send a friend request to my gamertag, Myslead.

Giantbomb Username
Gamertag
MysleadMyslead
ThePhantomnaut
The Phantomnaut
Hay4z  
Hay4z  
Dethfish77
Dethfish77
Heartagram
Heartagram1028
ConfusedSanity
PEi Tyler
CitizenKane
ForeverFlash
aceedkins
I ACE 1991 I
skinnyman
seanzivonawsm0
ahriman22
ahriman22
Dr_Feelgood38 
DR FEELG00D38 
DickDarlington
Mouth Feel

The results

Here is the youtube playlist of some of the recorded footage that happens during the Giant Bombing Runs.
#2 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Its easier if you make people in the run have the giantbomb mw2 clan tag of GBDC . That's what we did last time :)

#3 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -

I checked the other thread and it was something like CHIE, so I was like... yeah maybe not ahah.

#4 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

.....well im pretty sure it was GBDC as i organized the UK xbox bombing run ...

#5 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" .....well im pretty sure it was GBDC as i organized the UK xbox bombing run ... "
then sold! to the British guy with the Guile 8-bit pixel avatar. ahah
#6 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@myslead said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" .....well im pretty sure it was GBDC as i organized the UK xbox bombing run ... "
then sold! to the British guy with the Guile 8-bit pixel avatar. ahah "
To back myself here is the original thread
#7 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @myslead said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
To back myself here is the original thread "
ah AH so there was a 360 edition... just not as updated as the ps3 version. and by 'other thread' I meant the PS3 bombing run one. GBDC is fine though.
#8 Edited by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@myslead said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

" @myslead said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
To back myself here is the original thread "
ah AH so there was a 360 edition... just not as updated as the ps3 version. and by 'other thread' I meant the PS3 bombing run one. GBDC is fine though. "
Yea that thread is dead . I dont mind you starting a new one although you may want to PM chaser about it he can help you organize it
#9 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

Hey, my gamertag is Nukesniper (as well as username here).  

I have slowly stopped playing MW2 in favor of some other stuff atm, but all I need is a group of decent folks that make it worth playing online again and I'll be back on MW2 in no time. Add me to this list, I'm excited to go back to MW2.

#10 Posted by Mrbiscuit101 (104 posts) -

Add me to this list for sure, been looking for a reason to come off the bad company 2 demo.  My GT is Chad110.

#11 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -

you 360 guys are posers.... PS3 BOMBING RUN FOR LIFE!!!!!!

#12 Posted by Pessh (2453 posts) -
@btman said:
" you 360 guys are posers.... PS3 BOMBING RUN FOR LIFE!!!!!! "
They can't even come up with their own tables, exact same format as ours.
#13 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

CHIE fo' life!

Heh. Have fun with your Bombing Runs lads, it's great fun playing with other members alright.

#14 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2050 posts) -

My gamertag is Cursed Kakashi. I don't have a mic, but I think it would be fun to play with you guys.

#15 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

My gamer-tag is CornontheCobbe... feel free to add me! Just hope i don't lag out, as my Internet and MW2 don't agree for some strange reason. I get a red bar or 2 yellow if im lucky. Every other game i get full green.

#16 Posted by DickDarlington (108 posts) -

Sign me up. My gamer tag is Mouth Feel.

#17 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

The Phantomnaut.

If we have a big party, third person hardcore team deathmatch.

#18 Posted by Alphawolfy (325 posts) -

Not sure if our times will agree, as I do live in Asia; hope I do get to play with you guys!  
GT is Alphawolfy    if you wanna add me.

#19 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -
@Pessh said:
" @btman said:
They can't even come up with their own tables, exact same format as ours. "
... you can leave the fanboyism out of this thread.
It wasn't a question of copying your format and what not, it was to uniformize everything.
#20 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

I can't be in a Bombing Run this weekend, but any time after is open for me.

#21 Posted by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -
@Pessh said:
" @btman said:
They can't even come up with their own tables, exact same format as ours. "
We are internet pwning some noobs! PS3 FOR LIFE! GO PESSH!
#22 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

Well I'd like to have a more specific time, but sure. Gamertag is Thordainhammer and I will be rocking my 100% tag.

#23 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

I'm down down down to play some MW2!

#24 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -

Well I'll try to set one up next week on tuesday or something
around 8-9pm (EST)

#25 Edited by HayFourZee (360 posts) -

My tag is: hay4z 
Im EST if you needed to know.

#26 Posted by Dethfish (3618 posts) -

I'll play some MW2 with you guys. Should be better than playing with random people. My GT is the same as my GB user name.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@myslead said:
" Well I'll try to set one up next week on tuesday or something around 8-9pm (EST) "
What?  I think you should change that, to at least a Friday.  A time frame like the previous Xbox 360 Bombing Run would be ideal.

GT: FluxWaveZ
#28 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @myslead said:
" Well I'll try to set one up next week on tuesday or something around 8-9pm (EST) "
What?  I think you should change that, to at least a Friday.  A time frame like the previous Xbox 360 Bombing Run would be ideal.  GT: FluxWaveZ "
well I am on MW2 for at least a couple of hours every day of the week, so if you see me online, just hit me up and we'll party up.
#29 Posted by MCXCI (140 posts) -

My gamertag is GRE3NTEA. Sign me up!

#30 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

XBOX 360 gaemerz r all n00bs PS3 pwnz all ShitBOX 360 uzerz...  fanboy bullshit etcetera etcetera

Have fun guys :)

#31 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I'm down for some this weekend, my gamer tag is "No Home No Job".

#32 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

GT= Heartagram1028 

Would love to do this sounds like lots of fun

#33 Posted by discost3w (152 posts) -

I'd be interested, I don't talk much because my English isn't so good, but I do well at this game, I'm better in TDM, but I can handle dominations and other mods. I've been doing pretty lately and in a couple of days I raised my KD ration from 1.30 to 1.50 because I've been doing score like 20/5 pretty often.
tag= DISCOST3W 
I live on the east coast. 

add me :)

#34 Posted by mrfluke (5049 posts) -

sure im down  

my gamertag is mrfluke

#35 Posted by Alphawolfy (325 posts) -

oh wait i just remembered that I will be out of the house (traveling) for the next few weeks. I get home on the 19th of Feb, not sure if I'll make it :( depends on the date i guess.

#36 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -

sign me up PEi Tyler

#37 Posted by havelava (175 posts) -

Im up for it, My GT is  "Bob Barker56789"  (witihout the quotes, of course)

#38 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -

added the date and time for the first edition of the Xbox 360 Bombing Run!

#39 Posted by Pessh (2453 posts) -
@myslead: Poor choice.
#40 Posted by hicks91 (757 posts) -

i am down for this like a hooker 

GT hicks91

#41 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Actually, take me off the list.  Xbox Live Gold is expiring for me this Saturday and I'm not going to renew it for a while.

#42 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

NOOOO! I'M NOT AVAILABLE THAT DAY! FULL CAPS STYLE! Sorry guys, in a different country for a week then.
#43 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -

Am in Ireland so the one in the morning GMT time might not suit me great but fuck it my gamer tag is evanbrau irl. Friend me and if I see you guys playing I'll jump in for sure.

#44 Posted by aceedkins (192 posts) -

I would definitely like to attend this. My gamertag: I ACE 1991 I    <--- the tag is bookended by capital "i's."

#45 Posted by MikeydCT (562 posts) -

GT: MikeydCT

#46 Posted by Workyticket (108 posts) -

Hmm, I'm in Australia and will be on my way to work when it starts but maybe I can catch a round later in the day (Prob. a bit too optimistic but what the hell) Sign me up anyhow - tag is Workyticket75

#47 Posted by skinnyman (186 posts) -

Sign me up! GT: seanzivonawsm0

#48 Posted by Sp3N (20 posts) -

count me in: gt six6sin

#49 Posted by Qdor (70 posts) -

I'm down, GT is Qdor, feel free to add me on Live.

#50 Posted by myslead (923 posts) -

alright, don't forget to add me as a friend in XBL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.