Xbox Live Cheating/Hacking

#1 Posted by Will (234 posts) -

Just wondering if the game is worth giving another shot in the multiplayer department, when I stopped playing it was because of WAY to many hackers making glichted lobbies where they could ran really fast and do screwed up things. Has this been all fixed yet? Hopefully Black Ops wont be like this >_<

#2 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -

No, and it won't be.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Will:  last time i checked it was the same repulsing mayhem
#4 Posted by pectoral (124 posts) -

I never really got the whole controversy surrounding hackers in Modern Warfare 2. I played lots of it but never met one person cheating.

#5 Posted by MattBosten (497 posts) -
@pectoral said:
" I never really got the whole controversy surrounding hackers in Modern Warfare 2. I played lots of it but never met one person cheating. "
This is my experience also. Granted I get about 5-10 messages every time I'm on inviting me to join hacked/boosting lobbies. Just a simple case of deleting them.
#6 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

I havent ran into a cheater since the infinite care package glitch, which was maybe 3-4 months ago? Theres alot of 10th prestige and name hackers but those dont really give them any advantages besides access to all titles / callsigns and the ability to add colors to your gamertag
#7 Posted by Sander (409 posts) -

You'll run into somebody on occasion who may have an active map or some other hack but only maybe once in every 20 matches I'd say. It doesn't help them that much though, they usually don't finish on top of the leaderboard.

#8 Posted by RedAuerbach (38 posts) -

I haven't gotten into one since a few months ago. It might be just because I don't play as much as I used too but I still haven't seen much of it.

#9 Posted by kenya24 (235 posts) -

The only major hack left is the rock glitch on Fuel. That's only one map. All in all, it's pretty good now, and many of the annoying people have moved to Halo: Reach. Not all, but many. I'd get back into it if I were you, if for no other reason then to get playing a COD game again before Black Ops.

#10 Posted by Lukeweizer (2610 posts) -
@pectoral said:
" I never really got the whole controversy surrounding hackers in Modern Warfare 2. I played lots of it but never met one person cheating. "
Same here. I ran into 1 infinite ammo room, but that was just fun.
#11 Posted by 1xmilox1 (42 posts) -

I play offten and haven't seen a lot. I think the way the kill cam shows and lag people think people are cheating more often than they actually are. I thought it was cheap till I got a new router now I just had a 28-0 match on wasteland

#12 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

I reckon the abused camping is almost as bad as cheating in MW2.

#13 Edited by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

i was playing world at war and this guy was cheating switched to mw 2 found 2 matches and no hackers so , it depends,

i reported the one who did the hacking , cause he had killed everyone under the map and we could not kill him

also -- in gta iv there was a player who used a cheat or somthing to make his car go super fast he used it on the last lap as i was goin past the line i see his car flying in mid air he caused me to wreck , so no i dont think its fixed problems like this i think need to be because ms dont care nor does any one in the gaming c omunity they just look past them and say ok this is good when its not good

also ,

the room in waw the guy give him self infinate ammo a nuke and some dogs,,

all at the same time , everyone left the room soon after that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.