Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Xbox Live Cheating/Hacking

Will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Will

Just wondering if the game is worth giving another shot in the multiplayer department, when I stopped playing it was because of WAY to many hackers making glichted lobbies where they could ran really fast and do screwed up things. Has this been all fixed yet? Hopefully Black Ops wont be like this >_<

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By herocide

No, and it won't be.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Will:  last time i checked it was the same repulsing mayhem
    pectoral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pectoral

I never really got the whole controversy surrounding hackers in Modern Warfare 2. I played lots of it but never met one person cheating.

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mattbosten
    @pectoral said:
    " I never really got the whole controversy surrounding hackers in Modern Warfare 2. I played lots of it but never met one person cheating. "
    This is my experience also. Granted I get about 5-10 messages every time I'm on inviting me to join hacked/boosting lobbies. Just a simple case of deleting them.
    plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By plop1920

I havent ran into a cheater since the infinite care package glitch, which was maybe 3-4 months ago? Theres alot of 10th prestige and name hackers but those dont really give them any advantages besides access to all titles / callsigns and the ability to add colors to your gamertag
    Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sander

You'll run into somebody on occasion who may have an active map or some other hack but only maybe once in every 20 matches I'd say. It doesn't help them that much though, they usually don't finish on top of the leaderboard.

RedAuerbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedAuerbach

I haven't gotten into one since a few months ago. It might be just because I don't play as much as I used too but I still haven't seen much of it.

kenya24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By kenya24

The only major hack left is the rock glitch on Fuel. That's only one map. All in all, it's pretty good now, and many of the annoying people have moved to Halo: Reach. Not all, but many. I'd get back into it if I were you, if for no other reason then to get playing a COD game again before Black Ops.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @pectoral said:
    " I never really got the whole controversy surrounding hackers in Modern Warfare 2. I played lots of it but never met one person cheating. "
    Same here. I ran into 1 infinite ammo room, but that was just fun.
    1xmilox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 1xmilox1

I play offten and haven't seen a lot. I think the way the kill cam shows and lag people think people are cheating more often than they actually are. I thought it was cheap till I got a new router now I just had a 28-0 match on wasteland

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By ShockD

I reckon the abused camping is almost as bad as cheating in MW2.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By mariokart64fan

i was playing world at war and this guy was cheating switched to mw 2 found 2 matches and no hackers so , it depends,

i reported the one who did the hacking , cause he had killed everyone under the map and we could not kill him

also -- in gta iv there was a player who used a cheat or somthing to make his car go super fast he used it on the last lap as i was goin past the line i see his car flying in mid air he caused me to wreck , so no i dont think its fixed problems like this i think need to be because ms dont care nor does any one in the gaming c omunity they just look past them and say ok this is good when its not good

also ,

the room in waw the guy give him self infinate ammo a nuke and some dogs,,

all at the same time , everyone left the room soon after that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.