Zombies?

#1 Posted by Flaminglizard (74 posts) -

Is this game gonna have a zombie mode or what?

#2 Posted by Akeldama (4239 posts) -

based on what i have seen of the game, they dont need zombies like WaW did. 

#3 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

No.

#4 Posted by nick69 (625 posts) -

Probably not. 

But I bet a mod team will make one for the pc. Which would be awesome.

#5 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

Infinity Ward does not depend on gimicks to make a good game. They depend on NVG...

#6 Posted by CoverlessTech (737 posts) -

Que the IW fanboys.

#7 Posted by Vitefish (439 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:
" Infinity Ward does not depend on gimicks to make a good game. They depend on NVG... "
Totally not a gimmick. :P

I dunno. Zombies was one of the main reasons why I liked WaW, so it was a bit disappointing, if not unexpected, of them to not include zombies.  But hey, I'm still buying it,
#8 Posted by raynate2022 (301 posts) -

they're going to have a co-op mode like Horde or something along those lines

#9 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Well the equivalent is the Spec-ops mode.

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2 doesn't need no sucka ass zombies

#11 Posted by Osaladin (2515 posts) -
@fillmoejoe said:
" Well the equivalent is the Spec-ops mode. "
So exactly what is Spec-ops mode?
#12 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

no zombies
#13 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
"Modern Warfare 2 doesn't need no sucka ass zombies "

Exactly. Apparently all MW2 needs is 50 Cent...
#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -
@MistaSparkle said:
"@Br3adfan said:
Exactly. Apparently all MW2 needs is 50 Cent... "
Yo Nazi zombie, hit that ramp!
#15 Posted by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

No. Infinity Ward knows how to make a good game without using nearly every single aspect of a previous one.

#16 Edited by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

ABSOLUTELY 

NOT
#17 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

I'm more interested in the Spec-Ops campaign really.

#18 Posted by Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody (54 posts) -

Its been confirmed that it wont have zombies.
The only reason COD WAW had zombies was because its multiplayer and singleplayer were inferior to cod4. Modern warfare 2 will be good enough without the zombies.

#19 Posted by raynate2022 (301 posts) -
@MistaSparkle said:
" @Br3adfan said:
Nobody needs that jackass
#20 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -
@raynate2022 said:
" @MistaSparkle said:
" @Br3adfan said:
Nobody needs that jackass "

#21 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -
@Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody said:
" Its been confirmed that it wont have zombies. The only reason COD WAW had zombies was because its multiplayer and singleplayer were inferior to cod4. Modern warfare 2 will be good enough without the zombies. "
Care to elaborate exactly how it was inferior?  So many people throw these words out there and yet never back it up. 
#22 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail said:
" @Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody said:
" Its been confirmed that it wont have zombies. The only reason COD WAW had zombies was because its multiplayer and singleplayer were inferior to cod4. Modern warfare 2 will be good enough without the zombies. "
Care to elaborate exactly how it was inferior?  So many people throw these words out there and yet never back it up.  "
So many people also happen to talk out of their ass just to belittle a game they don't like.  I'm sure this is the case.
#23 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -
@kmdrkul: Yeah I know and it drives me crazy. Both are good games, it's just so trendy to hate WaW it seems.  I always ask, and ironically I never get an answer. :)
#24 Posted by Mikemcn (6959 posts) -
#25 Edited by brando711 (18 posts) -

i would like zombies to be in mw2 but im just as fine without them they would def add more fun to the game for me atleast

#26 Posted by Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody (54 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail: @kmdrkul: 
 This is why i do not like WAW
  • Its  campaign has NO continuity, some missions happen years after the next mission.
  • It skips around three years in the russian campaign  but those three years were some of the most crucial points of world war two.
  • There is nothing in the campaign that makes it hugely different to COD4, having the exact same positives and the exact same negatives.
  • The campaign is set in world war two, just like hundreds of other shooters.
  • I dislike the graphic violence as there are still people alive who acrually witnessed these events.
  • The constantly respawning enemies that will only be stopped when you reach a certain area removes the ability to do anything but attack guns blazing.
  • The Huge multiplayer prevent the type of chaos that was regular in COD4.
  • There are already good  zombie killing games, such as L4D, Killing floor and Dead rising.
#27 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

hopefully not
#28 Posted by Xolare (1274 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
" No. "
/thread
#29 Posted by DevilishSix (102 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
"No. Infinity Ward knows how to make a good game without using nearly every single aspect of a previous one. "

Hahahahaha...thats ass cracking laughter right there folks, what you mean IW knows how to make a game without using every single aspect of the previous one,  hmmmm?  Appears to me MW 2 uses everything MW had and adds nearly nothing new, in fact MW 2 looks like a rerun of MW and really looks like a lazy effort from IF.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.