Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

ModNation Racers is a racing game using Sony's "Play, Create, Share" mantra -- applied in ModNation Racers as "Race, Create, Share". Like other titles in the series such as LittleBigPlanet, it allows players to customize characters, create their own levels/tracks, and share them online on the PlayStation Network.

Apparently fixes are coming...

Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FakePlasticTree
    We are aware of the issues the community has experienced playing MNR and are diligently working to improve your experience. We take these issues very seriously and apologize if they have affected your experience with the game. I will update the community once we have more information to share. Thank you for your time and patience. 

Update 6-7-10 

We deployed changes to the XP Race algorithm (6-3-10) everyone should be experiencing shorter XP Race lobby wait times and Races that avg.  at least 6 to 10 players.  In addition we have deployed some server side stability fixes I will update the community again when we have more information to report."  

Source 

Personally I hope these fixes allow me to race with my friends. It's really disappointing that I still have never been able to connect to a casual race with a friend. 
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Willy105

Sounds good, but I hope it's a big enough improvement. I don't trust patches to make such a big change.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Valames

Yeah, my buddy and I just want to race together. I had no idea that it was going to be so hard to do. Also, I would like for my gf and I to be able to do split screen with both of our accounts, not just mine + guest.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Valames said:
    " Yeah, my buddy and I just want to race together. I had no idea that it was going to be so hard to do. Also, I would like for my gf and I to be able to do split screen with both of our accounts, not just mine + guest. "
    Do any games support that on the PS3?  The last part, I mean?
    Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Valames
    @SpikeSpiegel said:

" @Valames said:

" Yeah, my buddy and I just want to race together. I had no idea that it was going to be so hard to do. Also, I would like for my gf and I to be able to do split screen with both of our accounts, not just mine + guest. "
    Do any games support that on the PS3?  The last part, I mean? "
     LBP does, which this game resembles, or claims to resemble.
    Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FakePlasticTree
    @Valames said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:

" @Valames said:

Do any games support that on the PS3?  The last part, I mean? "
     LBP does, which this game resembles, or claims to resemble. "
    It is definitely trying to take a page out of the LBP book. So much so a more casual gamer friend of mine actually thought these games were both made by Media Molecule.  

Also, I can't confirm or deny this since I've never actually been able to play with friends, but apparently the multiplayer is region locked? That's not cool. I've got quite a few people on my friends list from the UK. 
    OrigamiDriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OrigamiDriller

If they speed up the damn load times, then I will be totally thrilled. I would honestly play that game a lot more if not for the painful loading times. If Namco Bandai didn't own the patent for interactive load screens, this wouldn't be such a problem!

Avatar image for thedrinkinggeek
    thedrinkinggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By thedrinkinggeek

Okay, after reading thru all these posts I am glad to hea I'm not the only one with these issue, ridiculously long load times and the complete inability to connect online to the MRC servers, IE just timing out and never connecting.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I only wish they would somehow improve the load times. Having all my flatmates get bored when loading the next race sucks! :P

Avatar image for thedrinkinggeek
    thedrinkinggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By thedrinkinggeek

Okay so apparently they have fixed this issue with being able to connect at all, But I continue to have and issue of just trying to straight up connect. It says connect then never does and times out. I've reset my router and my PS3 and have no issues with my pc or with anything else on my ps3 just this effing game!!!! Anyone have any idea? Something I'm missing, anything would be helpful. BTW I have my ps3 hardwired to my router so its not a wireless which I though was the original problem. Any help would be much appreciated!!

jeff4moso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By jeff4moso

Anybody know if they've patched this game yet to reduce the load times?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.