Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

ModNation Racers is a racing game using Sony's "Play, Create, Share" mantra -- applied in ModNation Racers as "Race, Create, Share". Like other titles in the series such as LittleBigPlanet, it allows players to customize characters, create their own levels/tracks, and share them online on the PlayStation Network.

Frustrating?

Piglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Piglet

To me so far, this is quite possibly the most frustrating game I have ever played.  Specifically getting some of the challenges on the tracks...the AI seems to cheat.  Anyone else experiencing this?

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By shrig32

I can only speak for the PSP version so-far, but Some of them do seem to take the more hidden shortcuts quite often. I guess after a few laps you get to know the track better, though. My biggest frustration is how some sections of the tracks make it too easy to mess up your driving line beyond repair or even land you far off the course. Not cool =( 
    Other than that, though- I think it's still pretty good.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Piglet said:
    " To me so far, this is quite possibly the most frustrating game I have ever played.  Specifically getting some of the challenges on the tracks...the AI seems to cheat.  Anyone else experiencing this? "
    The challenges are pretty tough to get at the same time as winning the race. The AI does seem to bombard you with weapons too. But I never really got frustrated playing it. I love it. But then I never really found Mario Kart frustrating either.
    Piglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Piglet

Oh don't get me wrong...i love the game, just some of the challenges can get frustrating-more the having to finish first while doing it.

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Valames

Sideswiping 3 guys on the cliff in fracture makes me angry!!!! GRrrrr!!!

SeeDsTOHR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By SeeDsTOHR

I agree, this is totally frustrating. Losing the same race 4 times in a row because i get missile ransacked right before the finish line. But, still an amazing game!!!

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Valames: Once you get the strategy down, that challenge is actually pretty decent. Just wait for a guy to pass you around the beginning of the cliff and then use your boost to catch up with him and you should (if you time it right) get up on his side near the turn at the end of the cliff and be able to sideswipe him and then repeat the next lap. To make it easier you could also try and get 2 guys on the first lap. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo0fbk_rqpo  
    This guy makes it (and all the other challenges) look easy. 
    Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FakePlasticTree

I HATE the grudge matches. It seems no matter how many powerups I hit dudes with they never fall behind. Rubber banding FTL. 

Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Bluethunder35

I don't know. So far, the game is O.K. but also very frustrating. It seems like you are bombarded at every turn and the AI is ruthless. This is nothing like Mario Kart or Sega All-Stars.  All I can say is that I'm glad I rented it for now. Maybe I will buy it when it goes on sale. I think this clearly a better multi-player game.  

EDIT: Man, I can't win the last Mayhem race. 2nd is the best I can do and it's not good enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.