Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

ModNation Racers is a racing game using Sony's "Play, Create, Share" mantra -- applied in ModNation Racers as "Race, Create, Share". Like other titles in the series such as LittleBigPlanet, it allows players to customize characters, create their own levels/tracks, and share them online on the PlayStation Network.

Track Creation Call for Help! - Illegal Shortcut

mropinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By mropinion

I understand how the track off-shoots work with shortcuts and breadcrumbs, but I want to make a ramp  that will jump you up onto a bridge that is a short cut and everytime I make the jump, it tells me that it's an illegal shortcut.  I don't think that i can do 'air breadcrumbs' so do any of you track designers know to to accomplish this?
    bryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By bryn

My best suggestion, and be it I'm still trying to get 100% of the stuff before I get to deep into the track creation:
    Try making a shortcut, starting from where the main track is to the ramp and then to the bridge itself, closing the shortcut.
    Then, after adding the ramp where you want it, make the track invisible from the ramp to the bridge.
    Hopefully this will stop that illegal shortcut notice. Also, sorry if this doesn't work or isn't what you wanted, I'm still learning.

Bloopa79Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bloopa79Aus

you will need to make it so it is a secondary path and then make the jump bit invis so it is still considered a way to go 

Avatar image for pitcrew_maxprey
    PitCrew_Maxprey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PitCrew_Maxprey

Actually you can make "air breadcrumbs", and this is most likely what you need to do.  Once you place your breadcrumbs press L1 to get into the select breadcrumb mode.  Using this you can then select each individual breadcrumb node and using the raise tool (hold SQUARE and then use the UP or DOWN D-Pad) lift each breadcrumb node.  Make sure that none of the breadcrumb nodes are actually above your jumps "flight path" as that will still render it an invalid shortcut.  Hope that helps you out - if not just drop me (or any MNRHQ Pit Crew member) a line.  Later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.