Mojang making a game in 60 hours & selling it for charity.

#1 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

So Mojang, makers of Minecraft, are doing a 60 hour game jam they're calling "Mojam" and are going to sell it via the Humble Bundle with all proceeds going to charity. That's pretty awesome.

What is more awesome is that they're letting people vote on what genre and theme for the game. And what is EVEN more awesome, is that one of the genre's you can vote for is "Peter Molyneux". Everyone has got to vote for that. Do it. Now!!!

http://www.mojang.com/2012/02/15/humble-bundle-mojam/

Oh, and they're livestreaming the making of it. All 60 hours. That's crazy awesome.

#2 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1669 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up! Just voted on my suggestions. Looks like a Steampunk RTS is the most popular ATM... Can't wait for the new humble bundle now!

EDIT: Personally I chose Horror Dungeon Crawler, but there were far too many good choices...

#3 Edited by Dujun (60 posts) -

The way I see it, Candy Land Peter Molyneux is the only right choice.

#4 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Voted for a Horror Dating Simulator. I would've voted for World War II Peter Molyneux, but i have a soft spot for Dating Sims.

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

@Dujun said:

That's exactly what I voted for. You are a man of good tastes.

#6 Posted by mracoon (4979 posts) -

I would pay for a Candy Land Peter Molyneux game even if the money didn't go to charity.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I voted for this:

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6444 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@Dujun said:

That's exactly what I voted for. You are a man of good tastes.

Helllll yeaaaaaahhh.

#9 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (743 posts) -

I voted for a Peter Molyneux Horror.

#10 Posted by DaZpinner (6 posts) -

The development has started and can be followed on www.humblebundle.com.

Please consider joining me (or letting me join you) in creating the game page on the wiki for this game. I have made a topic in the Mojang forum for this.

#11 Posted by AlexW00d (6444 posts) -

@DaZpinner: Does the game have a name yet?

And damn, Steampunk Egyptian RTS Driving game? What were people thinking? That's not a Candyland Peter Molyneux game.

#12 Posted by DaZpinner (6 posts) -

#13 Posted by lavaman77 (565 posts) -

This is going to be gold.

#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

they made one program where you craft things in a blocky world and build houses and alter the terrain.. They're gonna be able to create an RTS how?!

#15 Posted by DaZpinner (6 posts) -

The game will be called "Catacomb Snatch", first build available for play through humble bundle now. *downloading*

#16 Posted by Bunnyman (213 posts) -

Interesting project. They got my 15 bucks.

#17 Posted by Mikemcn (7020 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

they made one program where you craft things in a blocky world and build houses and alter the terrain.. They're gonna be able to create an RTS how?!

They're game programmers and minecraft is pretty freaking complex especially when you factor in that they had to deal with all the Java nonsense. Of course they're capable of making an RTS. whether or not it'll be any good is a different question.

#18 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

Looking pretty fun already, only 12 hours in it seems like a binding of isaac type deal only in Egypt and with goombas

#19 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

This is very cool. Very disappointed that Peter Molyneux did not win.

#20 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

I can see how the sh'mup part comes in and the egypt part but where does the RTS part come into the game at the moment.

Its kinda looking like a smash tv with egyptians

#21 Posted by Chemin (633 posts) -

The stream is crazy. I suppose knowing Swedish makes it a bit easier to follow. Yay me, then.

#22 Posted by Forcen (1856 posts) -

Now they are discussing game design in english for the benefit of the audience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.