Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

Balancing on the fly

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

So here is an interesting tidbit of information. 

Apparently MNC is going to have the ability of content changes on the fly. This is unlike well, every other game on the 360 so it's kind of interesting. Apparently Uber Entertainment found a way to manage the numbers that regulate how the game plays without having to do a title update, which is really fucking surprising for anyone who has been playing 360 games for awhile. I mean, this is the reason Valve moved to the PS3. 

Probably. 

However it is actually a lot more simple then any kind of corrupt back alley shenanigans, and I think it is something interesting to consider going forward. For instance, here is a question worth contemplating: How the fuck is MNC the first game to figure this out? 

Also I found this on Penny Arcade of all places.

Scyllz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Scyllz

so hot. want to touch the hiney. AROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bionicicide

I think Uncharted 2: Among Thieves had silent updates for its multiplayer. I don't see a problem about patches for X360 games anyways since they download and install in a snap, unlike PS3 titles.

Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Iron_Past
    @Bionicicide said:

" I think Uncharted 2: Among Thieves had silent updates for its multiplayer. I don't see a problem about patches for X360 games anyways since they download and install in a snap, unlike PS3 titles. "

The main problem is that they have to sit in cert for a couple weeks before being pushed through. Also, after the first patch devs have to pay for any others they do, and combined with the aforementioned hassle of certification, this means they frequently wait till it's hefty enough to warrant the headaches. For an online game, especially a small one like this, early balance issues can be the kiss of death unless dealt with quickly and with a vengeance.

On the user end it's not so bad, but for the game itself it could be bad news.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By infininja

Bad Company 2 patches some things on the backend, but that's an EA game with dedicated servers so MS has made concessions..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.