Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

Enjoying Monday Night Combat

koolaid39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By koolaid39

So, I've been playing some Monday Night Combat over the last week or so, and I have to say, it's a lot of fun. While it seems like a ton of people like to play support, gunner or assasin, I've lately been having the most fun playing sniper. This is pretty unusual for me, as I don't tend to play sniping characters in shooters. I tried the class just for shits and giggles, but once I started controlling entire flanks of maps I was hooked.   

Typically, I level up my rifle and traps first, followed by turrets in the base, more bots, flak, and finally my grapple. I generally will lay traps on either side of myself, careful to put them in front of the usual landing zones for lifts. By doing so I can generally hear the freeze sound if an enemy sneaks around on the other flank and tries to shank me. While the player is ensnared in my trap,  I just back away and headshot them while they are still stuck.  

I never thought that the sniper would be that useful for taking down turrets, but he actually isn't too bad. Since I am usually way out of range for most turrets to shoot back at me, I just pound away at them with my rifle. This usually takes quite a few shots, but it does help fill my juice, and when juiced I have found that I can quickly take down a turret on my own. I'll often go juiced before my support buddy goes into their base to hack one of their turrets, usually their rockets. This gives the support player a bit more breathing room and of course forces the other team to build yet another new turret. Then, if the hack is successful, I will lay down covering fire for the support player as they lay out their fire base, heal the turret they just hacked, and try to stay alive in enemy territory. This can lead to some easy headshots when enemy players line up to try and pick off the lone support guy or his turret.   

I think I'm going to try to learn the tank next. While not a ton of people seem to play that character, the few people I have seen play it can absolutely tear up the other team's base and bots. Wrecking another team's base and causing general havoc with a jet engine gun sounds like fun to me. I've also seen people use it while juiced in overtime to devastate the money ball.  

Juice in overtime is actually something I think needs to be controlled a little bit more. It seems like too many players just try to sit back and save their easy money during regular time, and then they all juice as soon as OT starts, and have the money ball down in no time. I get that this is a legitimate strategy, but I wish there was something to encourage the teams to try and win during regular time. Perhaps this will happen in a future patch. 

koolaid39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By koolaid39

So, I've been playing some Monday Night Combat over the last week or so, and I have to say, it's a lot of fun. While it seems like a ton of people like to play support, gunner or assasin, I've lately been having the most fun playing sniper. This is pretty unusual for me, as I don't tend to play sniping characters in shooters. I tried the class just for shits and giggles, but once I started controlling entire flanks of maps I was hooked.   

Typically, I level up my rifle and traps first, followed by turrets in the base, more bots, flak, and finally my grapple. I generally will lay traps on either side of myself, careful to put them in front of the usual landing zones for lifts. By doing so I can generally hear the freeze sound if an enemy sneaks around on the other flank and tries to shank me. While the player is ensnared in my trap,  I just back away and headshot them while they are still stuck.  

I never thought that the sniper would be that useful for taking down turrets, but he actually isn't too bad. Since I am usually way out of range for most turrets to shoot back at me, I just pound away at them with my rifle. This usually takes quite a few shots, but it does help fill my juice, and when juiced I have found that I can quickly take down a turret on my own. I'll often go juiced before my support buddy goes into their base to hack one of their turrets, usually their rockets. This gives the support player a bit more breathing room and of course forces the other team to build yet another new turret. Then, if the hack is successful, I will lay down covering fire for the support player as they lay out their fire base, heal the turret they just hacked, and try to stay alive in enemy territory. This can lead to some easy headshots when enemy players line up to try and pick off the lone support guy or his turret.   

I think I'm going to try to learn the tank next. While not a ton of people seem to play that character, the few people I have seen play it can absolutely tear up the other team's base and bots. Wrecking another team's base and causing general havoc with a jet engine gun sounds like fun to me. I've also seen people use it while juiced in overtime to devastate the money ball.  

Juice in overtime is actually something I think needs to be controlled a little bit more. It seems like too many players just try to sit back and save their easy money during regular time, and then they all juice as soon as OT starts, and have the money ball down in no time. I get that this is a legitimate strategy, but I wish there was something to encourage the teams to try and win during regular time. Perhaps this will happen in a future patch. 

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Alphazero

I've been mostly playing Tank, and it is a blast. The spin move can take out entire groups of bots in one go. You can really push up far into the enemy base. 

That, plus getting ring outs with the dash... ah, good times. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.