Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

Matchmaking sort of......Sucks?

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Malakhii

I've found you're either on a team full of 60's, or a team full of 20 and unders, and you're either steamrolling or the one getting steam rolled. Sort of a bummer to me, anyone else having this problem? Why don't they just split the teams? 

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MaskedGamer

Ok

kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kylekrueger

i've been having a problem with them splitting my party up it happens almost every time when we have 2 or more people its kinda a bummer

Nes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Nes

Matchmaking is a huge problem. Teams never really randomize, so you get a bunch of awesome players who want to keep a high K/D (and never leave) on one side and a bunch of newbie players or people who ragequit (due to how much their team sucks) on the other side. Whenever you join a game that's already in progress, expect to be on the latter team.

At first I wanted the challenge, but after the fifth time in a row of getting steamrolled in five minutes, it gets frustrating.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Level means nothing except time spent with the game. 

I understand the concern, but it is still a little unfounded. I've played with plenty of people at lower levels who completely understand the concept of the game.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By louiedog
    @LordXavierBritish said:

" Level means nothing except time spent with the game.  I understand the concern, but it is still a little unfounded. I've played with plenty of people at lower levels who completely understand the concept of the game. "

This has been my experience. I just picked the game up last night after TNT and have only played 4 or 5 games, however I already got the MVP achievement while playing with a bunch of people at 10x my level or more. I've also gotten my ass kicked by people much closer to my level. Every persistent leveling MP game has high level players who aren't highly skilled, but so far, the number in this game seems less meaningful than in others.

Edit: Holy crap. The matchmaking does suck. I just played a game where everyone on my team was under level 30 including a level 0 and another two people under level 10. Everyone on the other team was 30+, most of them well above that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.