Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

Monday Night Combat Free DLC Detailed

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Earlier this week, Uber Entertainment started drip feeding details about Monday Night Combat's upcoming free DLC in a feature series called "Monday Night Combat Halloween Unmasking." The series came to an end with a bang the other afternoon, as the final and most substantial bits of information were shared. The DLC, which is called Spunky Cola Special, is coming this November. And it's packed with tons of stuff, ranging from an assortment of special feature additions, character tweaks and balance fixes, two new maps, and even a new mode. Believe it.

Spunky Cola Special gets its name, presumably, from the most interesting piece of content it adds: a new competitive map called the Spunky Cola Arena. Perhaps a bit out of the limelight but just as important to the fanatical MNC fan is the DLC's second map, Survivitol Arena, which is a survival-only joint. 

Survivitol Arena.
     Survivitol Arena.

And while we're on the subject of the ooh's and aah's of new DLC, let's get this out of the way: the aforementioned additional mode being added is "Super Sudden Death Blitz," a fresh "frantic" version of--you guessed it--Blitz mode.

== TEASER ==The list of tweaks and additional extras the DLC will be ushering in is, in fine Uber tradition, ridiculous huge. Of note, you'll be receiving more private match options when the DLC hits. For example, you'll get the ability to toggle overtime durations, hazards, Juice prices and more. The DLC will also carry some pre-existing map updates, as Uber has been fiddling with specific jump pad and turret locations. Oh, and if you wanted more Pro Tags, a Prestige mode, or even more announcer stuff, well, you'll get that too.

The "patch" notes, which really get into the character tweaks and new additions, are available over at Uber's blog for MNC. Here's the post that deals the with character tweaks and balance changes. This is the post that mentions the new pick-ups, Pro Tags, and other presentation stuff. And you can check out this one to learn about all the new private map options (with pictures).  

Spunky Cola Arena
     Spunky Cola Arena

I feel Monday Night Combat sucking me back in already. But, lord, I'm going to have to practice. I'd imagine the peeps that are still playing the game religiously like I once did are ridiculous good by now. Anyone know any cheat codes? I could go for a win button or something.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Earlier this week, Uber Entertainment started drip feeding details about Monday Night Combat's upcoming free DLC in a feature series called "Monday Night Combat Halloween Unmasking." The series came to an end with a bang the other afternoon, as the final and most substantial bits of information were shared. The DLC, which is called Spunky Cola Special, is coming this November. And it's packed with tons of stuff, ranging from an assortment of special feature additions, character tweaks and balance fixes, two new maps, and even a new mode. Believe it.

Spunky Cola Special gets its name, presumably, from the most interesting piece of content it adds: a new competitive map called the Spunky Cola Arena. Perhaps a bit out of the limelight but just as important to the fanatical MNC fan is the DLC's second map, Survivitol Arena, which is a survival-only joint. 

Survivitol Arena.
     Survivitol Arena.

And while we're on the subject of the ooh's and aah's of new DLC, let's get this out of the way: the aforementioned additional mode being added is "Super Sudden Death Blitz," a fresh "frantic" version of--you guessed it--Blitz mode.

== TEASER ==The list of tweaks and additional extras the DLC will be ushering in is, in fine Uber tradition, ridiculous huge. Of note, you'll be receiving more private match options when the DLC hits. For example, you'll get the ability to toggle overtime durations, hazards, Juice prices and more. The DLC will also carry some pre-existing map updates, as Uber has been fiddling with specific jump pad and turret locations. Oh, and if you wanted more Pro Tags, a Prestige mode, or even more announcer stuff, well, you'll get that too.

The "patch" notes, which really get into the character tweaks and new additions, are available over at Uber's blog for MNC. Here's the post that deals the with character tweaks and balance changes. This is the post that mentions the new pick-ups, Pro Tags, and other presentation stuff. And you can check out this one to learn about all the new private map options (with pictures).  

Spunky Cola Arena
     Spunky Cola Arena

I feel Monday Night Combat sucking me back in already. But, lord, I'm going to have to practice. I'd imagine the peeps that are still playing the game religiously like I once did are ridiculous good by now. Anyone know any cheat codes? I could go for a win button or something.
    KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#2  Edited By KillyDarko

Looks interesting.

edit: oh wow, just noticed I got the secret AV quest! :D I'd already forgotten about it, lol

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Sounds cool, I will be looking forward to this.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I really love this game and I'm very happy for the updates. Looking forward to HACK INTO THE TURRET NAOW!

glass_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By glass_flame

This has probably already been said a million times, but could you call it freeLC? 

In any case, I'm really looking forward to this. A larger and more polished Monday Night Combat would be very well appreciated. (Also, I met the Uber guys at PAX and they were awesome.)

Avatar image for anamericanpatriot
    AnAmericanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AnAmericanPatriot

DON'T have an Xbox 360 BUT THIS sounds like A GREAT (and surprising!) DEAL. Congrats to THOSE who have this GAME! I've ENJOYED WHAT I played.

SalukiJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SalukiJeff

Cool....a good excuse to get back into MNC!!!  I really enjoyed this game over the summer.

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By uberexplodey

Awesome, cant wait to get back to this

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By Forcen

I want this on Steam ASAP!

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Donos

You know, it's Friday and I have $15 in my pocket. I think it's time to pick this up.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nail1080

I bought MNC...played it once...got bored....went back to Team Fortress 

I want my 15bucks back

PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By PK_Koopa

Does this mean more Monday Night Combat with the Giant Bomb community? =D
    I didn't get to play it much last time 'cause of work, and while I'm still busy, I might be able to fit in a few hours on the holidays.

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By mrsmiley

MNC is fantastic... after the recent update fixed many of the glaring issues. I still absolutely HATE that it doesn't keep your party together when matching games. But it's still a blast to play. And for those looking for a Team Fortress clone... WTF? It's not team fortress. It's DOTA.

rivalscho0ls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By rivalscho0ls

Awesome, I needed an excuse to get back into MNC.  

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By JustinSane311

This is awesome news.  MNC is one of my favorite games of the year and it's great to hear that a game developer is supporting their community with free content!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Milkman

I bought Monday Night Combat a couple weeks ago and I can confirm, people are stupid good. Or I'm stupid bad. I think it's a combination of both.

Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rehehelly

Spunky cola?

So someone came in a can of coke and they made a map about it? Niiccee..

(in the UK spunk = cum)

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By Sooperspy

Cool. This will get me and a few friends back into this game.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By prestonhedges

Funky Cold Medina?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#22  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Sure, why not? I wouldn't mind playing more MNC. But it's the fear that anyone still playing is ridiculously good by now that detracts from that idea...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4132eb7c138
    deactivated-5b4132eb7c138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

Until people hack the game again.
    /sigh

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

This is great, I just have to work out how to spend 200msp so that I get my 800msp that will go towards buying this.

Avatar image for delete_wobblybob
    WobblyBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WobblyBob

This'll definitely get me back into the game.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Branthog

Forgot this game existed. It's too hard to keep up with everything. I should go back to this and play it some more.

GrandMarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By GrandMarshal

I forget this game isnt a full game because i have played it so much. Cant wait for this content and tis going to be free which is awsome compaired to games like halo which charge wayyyyyyy too much for their "map packs".

Wandrecanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wandrecanada

Yay Blue Pitgirl for the Icemen!

Jinto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jinto

Don't worry Mr. Nicholson. I stopped playing MNC for awhile when Halo Reach came out. When I came back after the first parch I destroyed just as I did before. However, be aware that depending on which class you are abilities got nerfed respectively.

kratier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kratier

yeah i wish this came out for PC, its a shame, because it looks fun.

Semi_Sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Semi_Sauce

Juice rush!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.