Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 11, 2010

A multiplayer-focused third-person shooter that borrows elements from both Team Fortress 2 and Defense of the Ancients. Take control of one of six personified Classes and defend your Moneyball in a futuristic sports environment.

The Sniper tactics

Avatar image for cstiddardjenkins
    CStiddardJenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CStiddardJenkins

as a sniper is it best to defend or attack?...  
    obviously if you attack then your getting close to the enemy making your rifle ineffective unless your up high or far back... but then if your far back then you might as well be defending? even though he has higher offence then defence 
    thoughts?

Scyllz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Scyllz

I've found that hanging back and destroying their turrets is nice while pushing into their base. The ice trap is nice while closer to their base to contain bots coming out and controlling areas that opponents are trying to come out of.

JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JamesBoyce

Pretty much the only sniper 'tactic' I've seen is I'll sit back where nobody can get me and ping shots off at everyone who can't see me :3  But yeah, the sniper's fragile - I wouldn't move forward too much with sniper unless you have a really coordinated team.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Bigrhyno

I like sitting back and picking off players, bots, and turrets until I get juiced. Once I get juiced I charge into their base and destroy everything. If the moneyball's shields are down, a juiced sniper rifle is by far the most effective way of taking health away from the moneyball.

KiLL3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KiLL3r

The sniper is a defensive class. There's no real tactic for the sniper,  they just sit back and pop everyone they see.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Mighty

Blow up some turrets.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

Blow up turrets and bots to build your juice up. Once your juice is maxed out, rush in like a mad man. It works for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.