Thursday Night Throwdown 08/19: Monday Night Combat

#101 Edited by MetalBaofu (1459 posts) -
@ooo27 said:

" Hey guys thanks so much for watching and participating. Here's a free Monday Night Combat code   MMTX8-788PV-J8844-RGC4C-V8CWY    Whoever redeems it first gets it! "

Nice...I never react fast enough to get first come first serve stuff like that, but congrats to whoever got it. :)  

Edit: The congrats goes to Bionicicide it seems.
#102 Edited by CptBedlam (4479 posts) -

Damn, too late for the code ...will there be more?-)

#103 Posted by JamesBoyce (299 posts) -
@Spunkrake:  Basically they'll invite you into a game eventually if you're in MNC and on their friend's list as far as I know, good luck! :)
#104 Posted by Spoonman671 (4967 posts) -

The stream kind of blows this week.

#105 Posted by patrick (579 posts) -

I fail to believe PATD - Dance Dance was just referenced.

#106 Posted by Milkman (17806 posts) -
@Olivaw said:
" Sync issues, audio drops, and total video catastrophes.  Yep, this is a TNT alright.  You'd think that a bunch of people who run live demos for a living would learn how to run a live demo without so many problems! "
They're on a new set.
#107 Posted by crusader8463 (14744 posts) -
@Milkman said:

" @Olivaw said:

" Sync issues, audio drops, and total video catastrophes.  Yep, this is a TNT alright.  You'd think that a bunch of people who run live demos for a living would learn how to run a live demo without so many problems! "
They're on a new set. "
What excuse do you want to make for every other live stream they have done with the same problems? All I know is that if they keep up this continued focus on doing nothing but streaming content, then they need to get all those "top men" they have around there on fixing all these problems they have every time they do this stuff.
#108 Posted by Claude (16613 posts) -

Intern Steve it is. I hope Lemon learns to give Ryan shit.

#109 Posted by Milkman (17806 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" @Milkman said:

" @Olivaw said:

They're on a new set. "
What excuse do you want to make for every other live stream they have done with the same problems? All I know is that if they keep up this continued focus on doing nothing but streaming content, then they need to get all those "top men" they have around there on fixing all these problems they have every time they do this stuff. "
Well, then don't watch? I'm not here to make excuses for them. They have their problems, sure. But the problems with the streams are never really that big of a deal to me. When they moved into the new office, they had problems but they've had it under control for a while.
#110 Posted by bongzilla (25 posts) -
@FoxMulder: ahhh gratzie
#111 Posted by ImperiousRix (3095 posts) -

Had to eat dinner... hopefully I'll get into another game?  Prolly not.

#112 Posted by oddjob (111 posts) -

Nice setup guys!

#113 Posted by Sergotron (555 posts) -

Good stuff.

#114 Posted by armaan8014 (5720 posts) -

Crotch zoom!

#115 Posted by LordCrom (316 posts) -

Love the new set!
#116 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1420 posts) -

I was so close to playing today, got the invite but within a second the room filled up

#117 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1974 posts) -

Had a lot of fun playing those final two matches. Thanks guys!

#118 Posted by crusader8463 (14744 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" @Milkman said:

" @Olivaw said:

They're on a new set. "
What excuse do you want to make for every other live stream they have done with the same problems? All I know is that if they keep up this continued focus on doing nothing but streaming content, then they need to get all those "top men" they have around there on fixing all these problems they have every time they do this stuff. "
Well, then don't watch? I'm not here to make excuses for them. They have their problems, sure. But the problems with the streams are never really that big of a deal to me. When they moved into the new office, they had problems but they've had it under control for a while. "
I'm not saying the content is bad, but it just seems like such a silly problem to be going on for this long.
#119 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1691 posts) -
@ooo27 said:
"Hey guys thanks so much for watching and participating. Here's a free Monday Night Combat code   MMTX8-788PV-J8844-RGC4C-V8CWY    Whoever redeems it first gets it! "

It was cool of you guys to answer questions in the chat. Good luck with your future and current projects! :)
#120 Edited by Vorbis (2763 posts) -

Had no idea Azo was the animator, remember watching his videos about a year ago.

TNT was great and the game also, but it's a shame it's an exlcusive, looks like I'm missing out. XBL gold for one game is abit much.

Edit: New set lacks luchadeer.

#121 Posted by AllThatBacon (608 posts) -

I enjoyed slammin' Bradley. Thanks for having me, fellas!

#122 Posted by FlappyHands (2944 posts) -

That was a great TNT. I enjoyed it much more than I first anticipated.

#123 Posted by FLStyle (5386 posts) -

I especially enjoyed Brad and his four-man army surviving all thirty rounds, great job!

#124 Posted by BlackMantis (22 posts) -

I got to play those last two matches as well. My crappy internet connection dropped out right at the end, but I had a great time. Cheers guys!

#125 Posted by SpoonyBard (21 posts) -

Hey, I was in on the last two matches (longshotty) and it was a blast guys!  Thanks for the great time Giant Bomb and fellow GB users!  

P.S. I was that juiced up Tank that killed the moneyball on the very last match lol 

P.P.S I noticed that GB users know what they are doing when playing games like this.  This community knows how to use teamwork, I love that!
#126 Posted by Scyllz (74 posts) -

"yeah the assassin secondary gun is really weak.." (kills guy with it)

#127 Posted by Mystyr_E (1351 posts) -

didn't do so hot but least I got to kill Brad :D, didn't have my assassin custom class though, went 23 - 3 with that sucker once

#128 Edited by EDfromRED (134 posts) -

Had a blast guys thanks! : )
#129 Posted by CableCarrier (60 posts) -
@SpoonyBard: I was also in those matches. You're a pretty badass Tank, sir.  

But yeah, I had a lot of fun during those matches, particularly the second one. I liked how we were on the precipice of total defeat during most of the match but still managed to hang on until overtime. (I was one of the guys attacking the red moneyball at the end. Juiced tank does crazy damage to that thing)
#130 Posted by ImperiousRix (3095 posts) -

Thanks for playin', guys.  Shame I could only be in one match, but what-evs... 
My Assault ruled the one match we were in.

#131 Posted by Dracomaster01 (89 posts) -

Had a great time playing with everyone. A lot more teamwork happened than I expected which is great. Also going through the Blitz mode was a ton of fun.

#132 Posted by Vendetta (446 posts) -

"Don't pet a burning dog."
- Sergeant Larry Shawn "Pappy" Patrick, USMC

#133 Posted by Bummey (622 posts) -

Aaaaggh! I can't believe I missed this. I was playing Monday Night Combat, too.

Support supremacy. Represent.

#134 Posted by Vendetta (446 posts) -

5 guys = godly burgers.

#135 Posted by Spence_5060 (380 posts) -

This was a great TNT. Was the first one that I actually got to participate in too. Had a great time and will be looking forward to future TNTs.

#136 Posted by the_purgatory_station (471 posts) -

new set looks really nice guys

#137 Posted by m1k3 (1423 posts) -

i think there is something wrong with the archived version. i didn't watch the live version, but the guys mics were a few seconds late from the video while the in-game audio was properly sync'd

#138 Edited by zaglis (912 posts) -

The new itern was pretty good.
For starters he was not annoying.

#139 Posted by beef_melody (336 posts) -

The more I see of this game, the more impressed I am.  I hope the developers give it the future support it deserves because its a lot of fun to watch.

#140 Posted by chogi (550 posts) -

is whiskey building an in-house streaming solution? i kinda get a vibe that there's a little bit more to ryan saying that "people had to join justin.tv for chat.. FOR NOW"

#141 Posted by dpp (6 posts) -

Damn, I missed it!

#142 Posted by ItsAJackal (158 posts) -

Game looks great, wish I could have seen some sniper play.

#143 Posted by MagikGimp (788 posts) -

Jeff's right, a great game to watch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.