You got some TF2 in my MNC

#1 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -
#2 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

I thinks it nice that valve helps promote some of these smaller games with bonuses like this, even if they take a fair bit of that revenue.

#3 Edited by glorious_leader (107 posts) -
@s7evn: MNC isn't really a "smaller game".  It's published by Microsoft Game Studios.
#4 Posted by jNerd (2012 posts) -

I think that's a nifty cross promotion.

#5 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Well I'd say MNC definitely is worth it, and if you like tf2 you'll probably dig it, so it's a pretty good cross promotion. 

#6 Edited by s7evn (1072 posts) -
@glorious_leader: oh, I thought it was an indie developed title. My bad :) 

edit: steam says it's published by the developer Uber Entertainment, it was out on xbox live if that's what you mean.
#7 Posted by glorious_leader (107 posts) -
@s7evn:   It was Indie developed.  Microsoft just published their game.  Really, it's debatable as to whether or not it's to be considered an indie title.
#8 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -
@glorious_leader: I don't think Microsoft has had any involvement with the PC port. Steam doesn't report them as the publisher (which they probably were for the XBLA version). Either way this promotion is probably going to boost some sales which is pretty good for the developer.
#9 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Will I get them if I already purchased MNC?

#10 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Haha that was brilliant :)

#11 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4485 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" Will I get them if I already purchased MNC? "
Yes.

A warning to everyone though. Do not go near the Steam forums for this game. I've never seen so many people complain about such a small detail. Apparently having TF2 items in a game is a felony or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.