Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monkey Island

Franchise »

Monkey Island is a series of classic adventure games that follow Guybrush Threepwood in his attempts to become the mightiest pirate in the Caribbean.

Monkey Island 5?

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Absurd

Does anyone think they'll ever make a 5th Monkey Island...I've loved every single one of the games and it breaks my heart that LucasArts isn't making another.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By epic_pets

nope

Salabrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Salabrin

Both Tom Sarris, former PR manager of LucasArts and Simon Jeffrey who was (Maybe still is) the president of LucasArts said that there will definitely be another Monkey Island game- although they said that in 2002, I think it's still valid.  On top of that, Ron Gilbert, who created the first 2 Monkey Island games, said in 2006 he wants to create another game, so I'm optimistic about a new Monkey Island. I wouldn't expect it any time soon in any case, though :/

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Edgar

Yeah Ron Gilbert seems pretty intent on making a finale. I'd say within the next 10 years we'll see one. Of course Telltale does have a big announcement about a new project coming up.......

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By mracoon

I wish

dusanvf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By dusanvf

we can hope

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene

The creater of the monkey island series is maing a new adventure game at this very instant actually, i dont remember the name though

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Otacon

Maybe, I think that Monkey Island was my first game.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kohe321

I hope, but it wont be anytime soon.

ChristophB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ChristophB

Ron Gilbert is currently making "Deathspank," though pretty much nothing is currently known about it.  As for Monkey 5, we can only prey, but if it's anything like 4 then they may as well forget it as it sucked balls, hard.

x

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Snail
    Salabrin said:
    "Both Tom Sarris, former PR manager of LucasArts and Simon Jeffrey who was (Maybe still is) the president of LucasArts said that there will definitely be another Monkey Island game- although they said that in 2002, I think it's still valid.  On top of that, Ron Gilbert, who created the first 2 Monkey Island games, said in 2006 he wants to create another game, so I'm optimistic about a new Monkey Island. I wouldn't expect it any time soon in any case, though :/"
    You better not be raising my hopes in vain.
    Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Edgar

I'm sure that if the rights to the series are ever sold someone like Telltale or Hothead will snatch them up. I doubt LucasArts would ever return to the series, and I'm not sure if I'd like them too, but since almost all the major developers of the original trilogy are interested in making a new one it will probably happen at some point.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Absurd
    Edgar said:
    "I'm sure that if the rights to the series are ever sold someone like Telltale or Hothead will snatch them up. I doubt LucasArts would ever return to the series, and I'm not sure if I'd like them too, but since almost all the major developers of the original trilogy are interested in making a new one it will probably happen at some point."
    I did find a quote from a long time ago saying that if they do it wont be for a very long time like around 2015-ish. I was also hoping they would go back to the awesome 2D art style that Curse of Monkey Island had.

Edit: Not sure where I got that date, probably from my ass
    Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Edgar
    Absurd said:
    "Edgar said:
    "I'm sure that if the rights to the series are ever sold someone like Telltale or Hothead will snatch them up. I doubt LucasArts would ever return to the series, and I'm not sure if I'd like them too, but since almost all the major developers of the original trilogy are interested in making a new one it will probably happen at some point."
    I did find a quote from a long time ago saying that if they do it wont be for a very long time like around 2015-ish."
    Damn. I wonder why? I guess I wouldn't be totally against LucasArts developing a new MI but I'd definitely be really cautious.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Absurd
    Edgar said:
    "Absurd said:
    "Edgar said:
    I did find a quote from a long time ago saying that if they do it wont be for a very long time like around 2015-ish."
    Damn. I wonder why? I guess I wouldn't be totally against LucasArts developing a new MI but I'd definitely be really cautious."
    Here's the source, It's from like 2002 though. And if a Monkey Island 5 is ever announced, I'm going to play through all of the Monkey Islands once again, Just to try and remember all of the story.
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kohe321

Not anytime soon. The voice of guybrush http://www.giantbomb.com/dominic-armato/72-6155/ has said he wants to voice Guybrush again in a potential fift game, and Ron Gilbert has said he is interrested in making another one. Hopefully one time in the future we'll see a Monkey Island 5, though unlikely at the time beeing.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By zitosilva

It would be cool if Telltale did the next one.
    Oh, and I'd love if they'd go back to the cartoon style of Curse. But I doubt that nowadays this would happen.

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Edgar
    zitosilva said:
    "It would be cool if Telltale did the next one.
    Oh, and I'd love if they'd go back to the cartoon style of Curse. But I doubt that nowadays this would happen."
    Yeah it would be a stretch. Ben Tiller, the art director for CoMI, currently has his hands full with A Vampyre Story and its' impending sequels. Of course that's not to say it still couldn't be done. Fountain of Youth is a great example of art mimicry.
    shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By shotaro

i want a new one so mch it hurts sometimes....

Avatar image for stanton31suzanne
    Stanton31Suzanne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stanton31Suzanne

One acknowledges that modern life seems to be very expensive, but people need cash for different issues and not every one gets enough cash. Hence to get some business loans and short term loan would be a correct solution.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.