Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

Do I need a circle pad pro to really enjoy this?

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really want to get into this game on my 3DS but I don't have a circle pad pro, how big of a barrier is that going to be?

tumbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

the only problem i experinced as someone without the cpp is that the undewater levels are a pain to play. underwater areas changes the camera from set angles to free movement but using a d-pad for that is rather frustrating. if you are coming from the psp, i feel that the d-pad poisitioning on the 3ds is harder to use for cameras but setting up and getting used to the touchscreen controls should help with those problems.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Original_Hank

well I got it and so far the camera is not great which is to be expected. What is not expected is how rough some of this text is. Some of it comes out nice and sharp as It should but like 50 percent of the time its WAY ROUGH. I am digging the game so far but it really does seem like they just took the full game and crushed it down into a smaller package.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have around 180 hours in the game without the CPP and I think its totally fine if you get used to the touchscreen d-pad for camera. I think the part where it would be difficult is getting used to controls in monster hunter has never been the easiest or fun part of the game.

Also, underwater takes a lot of getting used to, but I've had an easier time with it than my friends who do use CPP.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Try turning off the 3D if you're having trouble reading the text. As in, go to the settings in the main menu and turn it off before you load your save. It's a bummer to lose the 3D but it makes everything look sharper.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By egg

shoulder button makes camera control a cinch

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard
    chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I too am a firm believer that you do not need a circle pad pro. I've gotten by just fine with minimum jankiness.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.