Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

EU and US Compatibility: A word of warning

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By GeneralBison

A word of warning for those in my very specific situation.

I have a European 3DS and a US Wii U and I am unable to link the two versions of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in any way, can't play locally or transfer my characters. Maybe the upcoming cross region patch will address this but for now it doesn't work.

Just posting this because I couldn't find this information anywhere before I bought the game.

(Down with region locking!)

EDIT: Just read that having save data present on the 3DS may have caused this, I will bite the bullet and try deleting my 3DS save data when I am able to. If it works then this topic can be deleted and sorry for the false alarm.

EDIT 2: Just tried with my 3DS save data wiped, still doesn't work, super pissed that I can't transfer my Wii U save AND I've deleted my 3DS save. Double bummer :(

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

region locking - nothing really to do with pal and ntsc, handhelds are neither.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know, but they still use the terms for games, I'll change the topic title then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.