Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

I'm torn and don't know what to do...

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I bought and "played the crap" out of Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii. By played the crap out of, I mean played enough to finish all quests in the grassy area and maybe half in the desert area and played a bunch with my brother and his friend. Loved the experience of playing with people I knew and slaying giant monsters. Outside of that, I really enjoy collecting items and having epic boss battles. This being said, I have been eye balling this game as a reason to play my Wii U (potentially) daily. With the forthcoming off-screen play, I would love to collect and gather crafting materials while me and my wife watch TV and fight giant monsters on the big screen later at night.

So all of that being said, I can get this game for a little over $50 (with my eshop credit) for a downloadable version, but as someone who has Gamefly and plays (pretty much) every big AAA game that comes out to completion, will I have enough time to make this game worth the money and is there enough online presence to make the game easy to get into. I know the basic of MH, so I'm not worried about that at all. I also generally play games everyday anywhere from 3-6 hours a day (depending on if I decide to kill my sleep schedule and stay up till 2 in the morning).

Any advice would be most appreciated!

indiefinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By indiefinch

I would say just to purchase the game. There is way more content then there was in Tri. If you play offline only, maybe you can do it in 50-100 hours or so. But the online play is the bread and butter of the game. A lot more quests to do and the more difficult ones are there as well.

The online community at the moment is really big. I have not had a problem finding people yet.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would say just to purchase the game. There is way more content then there was in Tri. If you play offline only, maybe you can do it in 50-100 hours or so. But the online play is the bread and butter of the game. A lot more quests to do and the more difficult ones are there as well.

The online community at the moment is really big. I have not had a problem finding people yet.

Remeber the quick look? How patrick thought no one would be online and there was like nearly 900 people playing or some crazy amount.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you wait too long you might have problems finding a game for low rank quests. At that point you just wait for MH4. But if you really want to play monster hunter right now MH3:U is really good. Also, I'm guessing MH4 will be kinda gimped feature wize until they release MH4:U. Capcom, they're assholes.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but as someone who has Gamefly and plays (pretty much) every big AAA game that comes out to completion, will I have enough time to make this game worth the money

I do the same thing and these are the months where I cancel my subscription for a little while. I'd say unless you really want to play through Injustice, Metro: Last Light(Which I'm saving until winter, myself) or Dead Island Riptide, I'd play through Monster Hunter, since either now or the summer is the best time to dive into an extremely long game like this.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For some reason I thought you were gonna say you were a vegan and was opposed to the idea of killing monsters for gear.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.