Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 13, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is an expanded version of Monster Hunter 4.

Giant Bomb MH4U Hunters Guild - Let's Hunt Together!

• 132 results
    brettchalupa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By brettchalupa

With the release of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (MH4U) on its way, and the demo already out, I thought it would be cool to create a thread for Giant Bomb Monster Hunter players to communicate about setting up Gathering Halls.

MH4U is the first portable Monster Hunter to feature true online multiplayer, which means folks can play together online with just their 3DS. This is facilitated through creating a Gathering Hall. Any player can create a Gathering Hall, which generates an id, not unlike a friend code, that lets others join.

My thought is: let's use this thread to figure out either a consistent time & day each week to hunt together or figure out a chat location, like IRC, for seeing if folks are around and want to hunt. Until the game is released on February 13th (in NA), we could play the demo. I personally do not have any friends where I live that are into Monster Hunter, so the idea of playing together online seems great.

What do you all think? I would be into doing something like an hour or two hours on a specific day of hunting, just to try to gather enough community members at the same time and place.

Happy hunting!

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CrocBox

I don't see anything wrong with using the GB channel on QuakeNet to coordinate hunts. Would probably be the easiest way to find pick up games.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@crocbox: @brettchalupa: I would be down for this! I need some more duders online to hunt with. Other ideas for organisation:

• Skype group - We will need voice chat to coordinate properly in game anyway, so we could add those interested to a group.
    • PM here on the site - no need for IRC when we can just create a huge PM of those interested and add more over time.

Thoughts? For the record I'm EU but hopefully there will be enough of us for that to not matter!

emanc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@crocbox: @brettchalupa: I would be down for this! I need some more duders online to hunt with. Other ideas for organisation:

• Skype group - We will need voice chat to coordinate properly in game anyway, so we could add those interested to a group.
    • PM here on the site - no need for IRC when we can just create a huge PM of those interested and add more over time.

Thoughts? For the record I'm EU but hopefully there will be enough of us for that to not matter!

I like the idea of a skype group. Let's us chat easily and enables us to have voice chat as well.

Telemekos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm very down for this. I also lack friends who are into monster hunter.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emanc93: How about I create a PM where we can share our Skype usernames so we don't have to post them all publicly here?

Lepruk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lepruk86

I'd be up for this.

EU and age 28 (if that matters).

I don't have a 3ds at this moment. I have traded mine in and stored my profile on my partners 3ds. But I am getting the New bundle come 13th.

Anyway; if you want to feel free to invite me in; I'd appreciate it :).

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

As someone with ~2200 hours played across the MH series, I'd love to get together with some duders and rock my hunting horn. As someone with two kids, adhering to any sort of play schedule is an impossible dream. So maybe I'll see you guys around.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down for this. I'll be playing out of the US

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me the eff up, probably won't be able to get it right at release though...

jacoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down, I don't get it until the N3DS comes out but this is something I'd use.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely interested in playing with some duders here since I only really have one friend who's into monster hunter, but I may not be able to make scheduled times given my busy schedule. I kinda just play whenever I can make the free time, but we'll see.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Added all you duders to a PM!

P00zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who has no monster hunting pals, I would like in on this as well! I'll be happily hunting with my hammer at any chance I get when this comes out!

Kralle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone still have a NA code? Please pm me if so :)

Thanks

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like a code too if anyone has one left

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bollard said:

@p00zombie: Hey! I added you to the PM, can you let me know if it showed up?

@onarum: @kralle: If you're still after codes, check out this thread! http://www.giantbomb.com/monster-hunter-4-ultimate/3030-45239/forums/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-demo-with-your-friends-t-1761188/#94

If you could add me to the PM, I'd sincerely appreciate it. I'm excited for MH4 to come out, and after getting too stuck hunting MH3U alone, I'd fucking love to play with some dudes from off here.

I live in Europe, if that makes any difference!

Avatar image for larslars_pantsonfars
    LarsLars_PantsOnFars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested in a group for MH4U as well. I logged over 100 hours into MH3U and definitely plan to grind through the new game too. I am flexible for joining as well on Thursday thru Sunday.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By onarum

Finally played the demo and love it! pretty much identical to 3U other than some more climbing and a couple of new weapons it seems but hey, not complaining.

I can already tell that insect bat or whatever will be my new favorite weapon, pretty fast and you can jump all around with it, seems like it will come in handy with airborne monsters, can't fucking understand how to use that mark and send your bug friend to collect stuff thing at all though.

m1m1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By m1m1c

@onarum: Hey there, I'd recommend checking out this guys video as he really goes and explains every facet of the Insect glaive (the first few minutes should be enough for you to know how to use the kinsect and how it works), definitely worth a watch, especially if it's a weapon you're gonna commit yourself to.

For anyone else that is interested in learning about any of the other weapon types or the game in general, his channel is worth a look, the guy really is a font of monster hunter knowledge.

I'm loving the changes that they've made to the game, but as former Wii U player i have to decide whether to invest in one of the circle pad pro monstrosities. What's the consensus on it?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m1m1c: I played 3U with the CPP attachment. In my opinion, it's basically mandatory. The tap L to lock-on feature does work, but I only found it usable when I changed it to Mode 2, where one tap centres the camera behind you, and a double tap to lock on to the monster. The CPP actually makes my original 3DS more comfortable to hold, too. Did you want to be added to the PM for organising online hunts?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m1m1c: I played a whole lot of 3U on my 3ds xl without a CPP and it was serviceable, but after I got one I really could not play without it, for me the biggest difference was with underwater fighting because doing that with the touch screen camera control thing was a living nightmare, not even sure if that is back for 4U.

But for your regular on land fighting it was pretty ok without it, all I ever did was use the tap L or R to recenter the camera and it worked pretty fine, also never used that auto lock on thing, but of course with a cpp is a whole lot better still.

so If you can afford to get one though I'd recommend.

m1m1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum:@bollard: Yeah that's been my experience from the demo, a whole lot of lock on L tapping. While it does work, having that second stick really seems like the way to go as that virtual d-pad is far from good, i would be damned if i tried to use a ranged weapon without the CPP (not that i've ever actually used the ranged weapons).

Yeah i think i heard that underwater fights are no longer present which I'm fairly happy with really, replacing the verticallity of the water with the introduction of vertically varied terrain seems to be a whole lot more fun and strategic. Every time i had to do and underwater section of a fight i just couldn't wait till i could get back on land.

Ah Bollard yeah adding me to the PM group would be good, it seems like a nice bunch of people here. I'm not sure if ill be getting the game on launch but i know i'd like to. I'm from the UK just so you know.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hey, I'd just like to express my interest in participating in the group.

Also, I'm not sure if I'll be able to play at launch as I've ordered a New 3ds and don't know when it'll arrive.

PhilOsyfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PhilOsyfee

I'm ready to hunt! Anyone who wants to do some Online Hunts on launch day feel free to add me. FC: 5301-1198-8946

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm getting this thing on launch day, so I'm definitely down for some huntin'.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I just accidentally pre-ordered this and wouldn't mind more humans to play with!

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

At this rate, my game could turn up TOMORROW. Looking forward to hunting. If there's some sort of arrangement PM we're using to set up hunts, I'd love to be added to it, looking forward to hunting with you fellas!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vonnegut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vonnegut

I've never played a Monster Hunter before but I think I'm going to get this one when it comes out. I'd love to join if I won't be too burdensome on those with more expertise.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@vonnegut: I feel like having the patience and the passion to stick with a series like MH naturally makes people very accommodating to newcomers. At least that's been my experience with all the MH players I know.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vonnegut: I feel like having the patience and the passion to stick with a series like MH naturally makes people very accommodating to newcomers. At least that's been my experience with all the MH players I know.

Absolutely! Having someone show you the ropes is essential in my eyes, and everyone who is enthusiastic about the game always wants more people to have the chance to experience it properly too. As such we'd be glad to have you!

This game having online multiplayer as well makes it even easier to get into this time.

vonnegut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vonnegut

@bollard@starvinggamer: fantastic, that's great to hear. I don't have any friends who play MH, or even own a 3DS for that matter, so it'll be nice to have a group to play with (and more likely direct about a thousand questions to).

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vonnegut: The site is being funny and won't let me add you to the PM. I will keep trying, if you aren't in soon ping me another message and I'll see what I can do.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NegativeCero

Sign me up. I probably won't be able to play every week though. Amazon is apparently sending it to me on Tuesday the 17th, which is annoying.

Also, I've never used skype. I assume it's free and works with just about any headset?

CarpeNoctem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-64cd222f5c6ac
    deactivated-64cd222f5c6ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up as well!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All added!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just bought monster hunter 4 count me in !

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

I've ordered a new 3DS which should arrive next week, and I want to try getting into Monster Hunter again. I played one on the PSP (MH Freedom?), but never was able to really figure it all out. So basically I have next to no idea how to play, but maybe some of yous could help.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman: Absolutely! New players are very welcome. I'll add you to the thread.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloaded and ready to go!!

man I'm going to kinda disappear for like 2 or 3 days...

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this game region locked as in only NA can play with NA, EU with EU and so on?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This is my first Monster Hunter, but I'd absolutely love to play with some people here, possibly show me some of the ropes. I was able to track down a N3ds today, so once I get my NNID transferred over i'll be ready to go. Can I get an add to the PM?

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down, add me up.

My copy should be arriving today or tomorrow.

Though I prob won't be able to play till Sunday night.

KingRingtail85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in! I'm a relative n00b to Monster Hunter and would love to hunt with some like-minded folk!

Woowookins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Woowookins

I only have MH3U, would this group be limited to MH4U only?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't why why some wiiu mh3u players couldn't use the same group to organize hunts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.