Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 13, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is an expanded version of Monster Hunter 4.

Organizing materials and weapon juggling

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Hey duder-hunters, quick couple of questions about your experiences with the game. For context, I just arrived in the second area and have been tasked with hunting whatever's plaguing the mines. I use dual blades and have been using the first bone variant you get.

So, I really enjoy how Monster Hunter doesn't seem to lock you out of using any other weapons as you progress through the game. I've enjoyed using dual blades, but I'm not sure if I should be using excess material I have from certain monsters to craft weapons I haven't used yet. None of the armor in particular seems to apply to me yet because it's not doing much for my sharpening stat (a must for my DB routine) so I have a lot of excess materials I could be putting into different weapons to use. Is this sensible? Are you supposed to juggle several weapons at once for different hunts?

How do you organize your box? I have far too many items and it's such a hassle to view them. It's a bit overwhelming even with only one box full, so I can't imagine how out of hand it'll get as I progress.

Thanks!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

It's up to you. Some people are weapon loyalists. Most people tend to specialize in a few weapons. I like to use a little of everything. Don't be afraid to branch out, but know that it can be a pretty significant material investment once you get to higher ranks. Dual blades tend to benefit more from elemental damage than other weapon types so as you progress you'll already be wanting to have an assortment of leveled-up blades covering the various damage types.

I just auto-sort my inventory. After 2k hours in various MH games I pretty much know where everything is.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just auto-sort my inventory. After 2k hours in various MH games I pretty much know where everything is.

You... can auto sort?

Please teach me the magics.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suggest sticking to two to three weapon types, because otherwise you'll be constantly strapped for resources trying to craft higher level gear.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@excitable_misunderstood_genius: Uhhh it's muscle memory now I can't even remember what the button is and I'm not near my 3DS. It's probably either X or Select lol.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excitable_misunderstood_genius: Uhhh it's muscle memory now I can't even remember what the button is and I'm not near my 3DS. It's probably either X or Select lol.

Thanks, now that I know it's even a thing I can experiment to find it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.