Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Considered the definitive second generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite includes all the content present in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and adds hundreds of new weapons, items, armor, and quests.

I'm Awful at Monster Hunter: Episode 2

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Mmmslash

Hello, Giant Bomb!

Welcome to Episode 2 of I'm Awful at Monster Hunter. Today we'll be taking on the "The Poison Siege" quest, which revolves around hunting both a regular Gypceros as well as it's larger, more plum cousin, the Purple Gypceros. You'll notice at one point I spend an extra minute or so chopping at the corpse of one, this is because the Gypceros as a fancy trick - it plays dead. Realistically, I should have just checked my Quest Info to see if it was slayed, but I wasn't thinking. I also forgot to carve him the second and third time, but after killing the regular Gypceros, I managed to carve all of that one, and make it back to the original time to score my remaining carves.

As always, any and all suggestions, comments, or requests are both welcome and encouraged.

Enjoy!

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mmmslash

Hello, Giant Bomb!

Welcome to Episode 2 of I'm Awful at Monster Hunter. Today we'll be taking on the "The Poison Siege" quest, which revolves around hunting both a regular Gypceros as well as it's larger, more plum cousin, the Purple Gypceros. You'll notice at one point I spend an extra minute or so chopping at the corpse of one, this is because the Gypceros as a fancy trick - it plays dead. Realistically, I should have just checked my Quest Info to see if it was slayed, but I wasn't thinking. I also forgot to carve him the second and third time, but after killing the regular Gypceros, I managed to carve all of that one, and make it back to the original time to score my remaining carves.

As always, any and all suggestions, comments, or requests are both welcome and encouraged.

Enjoy!

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

We need narration! It's what sets these type of videos from simply watching some dude play a game.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Driadon:  I'm more than willing to do that, I even made that suggestion before, it's just that you're the first person to make a real suggestion. Are you familiar with MHFU? If so, is there anything you'd like to specifically seen narrated? And would you prefer real-time, or a separate track recorded afterward?

The power is with you, the viewer.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Driadon
    @Mmmslash: I'm familiar with the game, I've put a good 70 or so hours into MHFU but this suggestion is more of a general recommendation. 
     As for narration, it would likely be best if it was track recorded as it would give you time to add that bit of personality to it all. See, the biggest reason why YouTube sensations like HuskyStarcraftSeaNanners or TotalHalibut exist is that they take the video of these games and then inject their personalities in with commentary.  
    Now my question to you is: what would YOU like to do? As much as it's nice to have the viewers give you suggestions as to what they want, you won't get an audience by saying "Hey, tell me what to do!". First, get the audience, then run with their input.
    ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ProfessorK

Not that I dislike your choice of music, but the game audio and your commentary would be nice. Also a note you may not be getting the best out of your skills. I say that as you are wearing armor meant for a weapon that has the blocking ability. For a longsword you may want to wear armor that has Expert+ or Attack Up. Even Fast Sharpening or Sharp Sword are good for it, just a tip to help you get the best out of your weapon and make the fights easier/faster.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mmmslash
    @ProfessorK:  The issue with game audio is that remotejoy doesn't capture in-game audio, or else there would be no music at all.

That plan is for tomorrow, to be doing the first video with a commentary track. I have the footage recorded already, it's just a matter of finding a time of day where it is quiet enough in my home to do any real recording.

As for the armor, I completely agree. The bigger issue is the number of slots isn't conducive to getting more than one skill off of single decorations, and I'm not quite far enough to get the materials for a lot of the double slot decorations. That said, I will certainly give it a look tomorrow, and I appreciate the advice.
    ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ProfessorK
    @Mmmslash: Cool beans. Also if you have a PS3 and AD Hoc Party feel free to send me an invite. I'm currently on MHTri alot but I still play Unite every so often. 
    My PSn is DivineSlasher. Yes, I like MH ALOT. Def looking forward to MHP3/F3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.