Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Considered the definitive second generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite includes all the content present in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and adds hundreds of new weapons, items, armor, and quests.

Lets get together and play over PS3?!

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Xeiphyer

Anyone with this game and a PS3 can take advantage of adhoc party in the japanese playstation store. Its free. It allows you to fool your psp into thinking that you are playing with friends in the same room, even if they are far away.

Its pretty easy to make a japanese PSN account, theres guides on the net for all that, and setting up adhoc party is also pretty simple. Keep in mind your PS3 has to be using a wired internet connection because it needs the wireless capabilities to communicate with your PSP.

So yeah, we should play over adhoc party when the game comes out. My PSN is Xeiphyer so add me if you need help or wanna play and whatnot =D I'm usually on in the evenings.

Also if your a novice and need help or have a question, send a message on PSN or on giantbomb =P

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Keeng

If I make a Japanese PSN account and DL Adhoc Party, do I have to be logged into that Japanese account to use it? 

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ahriman22
    @eckster: Google.
    @Keeng said:
    " If I make a Japanese PSN account and DL Adhoc Party, do I have to be logged into that Japanese account to use it?  "
    Yes.

I'm for it.
    Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @Keeng:
    @eckster: Your going to have to google for how to get adhoc party =P Once you have it though you can use it from any account on your PS3.  Once its downloaded it gets installed on all PS3 accounts so you wont need your japanese one anymore.

Its pretty easy to get working, you choose the 3rd or 4th option on the main menu of adhoc party to sync your PSP with adhoc party. Your psp has to be in a mode where its looking or accepting a connection, so for MH, you want to be inside the online gathering hall I believe. Once your PSP is all synced up, then you just choose the first option on the PS3 to choose a world where you want to meet people. We need to organize this ourselves because most of the people in the halls will be japanese =P but you can probably find some english people as well. Just guess and test till you figure it out.

Ill be getting the game tomorrow. Im going to just import my character from MHF2 so Ill be HR8 already :D So if anyone needs help, message me :D
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Keeng

Hmm...I like the sound of this and I'll definitely be getting involved soon. I still don't have the game, however. Also, I have MHF, but not MHF2. Can I still import a character?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @Keeng: Hmmmmm, I'm not sure, I think it only lets you import from MHF2, and theres another option to import from monster hunter freedom unite, which makes no sense at all to me, seeing as thats the game im playing. You could always get mhf2 and import to that one, then import to unite xD

Or actually, just send me your save data and I can do that I suppose :P put it on rapidshare or something and PM me a link
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keeng
    @Xeiphyer: I'll just get MHFU and start over. I wasn't really that attached to my MHF character anyway.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Keeng

Update: I've had the game for about a week now. I'm about 25 hours into it, just on the cusp of starting the 3-star Elder quests. Add me on PSN and let me know in the message that you're from Giant Bomb. I haven't played multiplayer yet, so ignore my noobness!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.