Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Considered the definitive second generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite includes all the content present in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and adds hundreds of new weapons, items, armor, and quests.

Monster Hunter Portable 3 announced.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By animateria

No Caption Provided

Via Minegarde

Apparently(as I'm just getting the stuff off of Minegarde) the game will let you use your felyne from the spin off game.

Release is in Winter of next year in Japan, which means it's going to take awhile for it to make it here in the US.

I hope Monster Hunter Tri sells well here so we get a swift release of this as well.  (I might get a Wii for that game)

Thanks to AdhocParty, Monster Hunter on the PSP makes perfect sense in the US, finally. (Though I can't get a cable in my room right now. moving soon so I hope I'll get some options then) 
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By L33tfella_H

This is something that's puzzling me, but does the PSP not have decent wi-fi support for Devs not to be utilizing it, it just seemed so odd to me that games with obvious multiplayer components like Phantasy Star Portable and Monster Hunter Freedom have no online support whatsoever (without using AdhocParty atleast).

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By animateria
    @L33tfella_H: 

For sure, I had to solo up to HR7 and need help for the first time with the Nargakuga Urgent. Except I can't connect through AdhocParty at the moment. 

And Phantasy Star Portable has a co-op mission that requires at least another character to proceed. Which means I won't be getting the 'finished all quests' achievement.

I think the reason they don't bother with a proper internet connection is because of the Japanese market.

Monster Hunter Portable was big in Japan cause people met up and played together easily. And they don't particularly like playing online either.

Too bad for people like me who don't have friends that are interested in Monster Hunter, let alone own a PSP...
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yeah, good sales of the Wii game may prompt Capcom to push it out sooner and catch the wave.  AdHoc Party will certainly help once the game is out there.  We simply don't have a culture where we meet on mass to play handheld games like the Japanese do.  

Capcom have opened this in the UK though. They should do the same in the US: 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @Linkyshinks: wow, that's actually a pretty good idea. as soon as i saw those images, i just cracked a giant smile at that.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake

I loved the concept behind Monster Hunter. The only problem was that I'm terrible at them and that awful camera never helped much.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By animateria
    @eroticfishcake: 

The camera is perfectly adequate as long as you learn to put your index over the d-pad for constant control over the camera.

That said, it does take a while before it feels comfortable for your finger to do it easily. It's a flaw in the limited controls the PSP has more than the game really.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

From the screens and images it doesn't seem to be based on Wii's Monster Hunter 3/Tri. They show weapons that doesn't have, yet don't show any slash axe, and there isn't an oxygen gauge on the HUD (it's always visible even outside water in 3/Tri ). It may be  based on the PC's Monster Hunter Frontier (or at least some of its content) as some people say they see monsters from it in these screens, as well as the flower weapon in another image. I don't know much about Frontier, if the world is all new like in 3/Tri or if it's more of an expansion to the PS2 games with more monsters and areas but still including the old stuff, like the previous portable games have been adaptations of those. Or if it has any enhanced AI or added features like 3/Tri. I do know it's meant to be much, much harder than the portable Monster Hunter games though, since it's online only with no single player at all, and of course it isn't meant for quick portable play. That will probably change for Portable 3 of course.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PufferFiz
    The cat spin off game was announced a while ago, And I believe this is what it is. Since this is a Chinese paper, I presume they are calling it MHP3 even though I think it was said that would not be the name.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

Not if you look at the scan above your post. Unless the screens are from Frontier and the Chinese are outright making shit up out of nowhere.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Unless the screens are from Frontier and the Chinese are outright making shit up out of nowhere. "
    Well it is not like they have never done that before.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well the HUD is different from Frontier's actually, I just checked some screenshots of that and on PC it has like an action bar at the bottom showing your items whereas on these screenshots it appears adapted to the same HUD as the other PSP games.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Well the HUD is different from Frontier's actually, I just checked some screenshots of that and on PC it has like an action bar at the bottom showing your items whereas on these screenshots it appears adapted to the same HUD as the other PSP games. "
    yeah I see that, either way,Will wait for a famitsu announcement to get info.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By animateria

Not to mention, a spin off about the felynes wouldn't have new armor images or the images Al3xand3r posted.

From my knowledge, Nargakugas only existed in the portable versions (not sure about Frontier though).

I kinda wish I never flunked in my Chinese classes... Maybe I would have been able to read the text, and confirm what exact info they have on the text.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By CowMuffins

I wish you could use adhoc party with a wireless connection, it really sucks that you can't.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @animateria said:

From my knowledge, Nargakugas only existed in the portable versions (not sure about Frontier though).

Nargacugas are in the last portable game (2G/Unite), but Espinas were only in Frontier. One of the Portable 3 screens seems to show one. I'm just glad they found a way to expand the portable series without fucking over Wii gamers by doing something like Monster Hunter Tri G for the PSP. They must be pretty happy with how Tri performs so far then, its sales coupled with the online fees in Japan, so perhaps a G edition could show up on Wii showing the franchise has a good second home on it rather than be removed from the platform in favor of having portable games alone. Not that I'm going to be happy if Tri G is announced like a month after I purchase Tri's eventual European release, but meh, that's how CAPCOM rolls now.
    Kaibar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kaibar

I just created a page for the game. You seem to be pretty informed about it so maybe you could edit the page.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.