Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Considered the definitive second generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite includes all the content present in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and adds hundreds of new weapons, items, armor, and quests.

Questions about Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Is it always as hard as the levels in the demo? Is it actually 500 hours long? Do you just eventually get used to the camera controls? These are the questions I want answers to before I buy Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jiggah
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " Is it always as hard as the levels in the demo? Is it actually 500 hours long? Do you just eventually get used to the camera controls? These are the questions I want answers to before I buy Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. "
    Is it hard as the levels in the demo?  Well, the demo sort of gave you certain weapons for certain monster.  In the actual game, you have to make your own weapons, which means you could be extreme weak vs. a monster at any given point in the game. 

Is it 500 hours long?  Well...I've spent close to about 100 hours in game and I'm not even half way through everything.

Do you eventually get used to the camera controls?  I did.  I know a lot of people want some lock-on mechanism, but it just doesn't work for this game.  It's very specific about where you need to hit on monsters with different weapons.  Whenever someone brings up this complaint, it reeks of "I can beat any real monsters, so it's the game's fault."
    Cat9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cat9

To be fair, the demo throws you in some pretty tough fights for people that are new. The actual game starts off with far easier monsters, but they are not as interesting for a demo.  As far as the camera, you will get used to it.  To me, its actually part of the game to control the camera, so haveing it be automatic would be lame.  Also, you dont always necessarily want to look at the monster.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.