Bowgun sound

#1 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

I just made a quick bowgun in the game just to check it out and added the Quereporo barrel (I'm probably messing up its name here) and the sound that it makes is amazing, comical even. MEEP!

I don't really like how these bowguns work so i'll probably just keep with my trusty poke stick. You would think that they would just have made it like in RE4 but for some reason they mapped the cursor to the  analogue stick.

Anyway, MEEP!

#2 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Weapons can have their own sounds (for example a rapier-like sword&shield sounds like you'd expect, all woosh woosh woosh), I'll guess you used some funny monster's parts for it. RE4-like aiming would be way too easy (just as RE4 Wii was way too easy compared to the PS2/GC versions), instead they require you to line up your shots much like the melee weapons do. Bowguns are for advanced play requiring juggling of multiple ammo types (that's why you then get four inventory pages instead of three) and are created with processes similar to armor sets, mixing and matching three different parts for different skill and stat bonuses, which also determine the weapon's weight and if it's gonna be light, medium or heavy, affecting your maneuvrability accordingly. It's cool stuff.

#3 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

I don't really see how it would make the game easier. They could just have kept the "turning speed" of the analogue stick and made the barrel follow the pointer. It just feels unnatural now. Well for those who did not play the PSP games anyway.

#4 Posted by Xeiphyer (5608 posts) -
@Rallier: Have you tried switching the control scheme? The other one might be different, but I haven't tried it.
#5 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -
@Xeiphyer: I'll give it a look. I'm using the wiimote+nunchuck though so I'm not sure if there is a second control scheme for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.