Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

How long would it take to complete the single player mode?

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

I'm about 50 hours in and completed about half the quest of the 5 star difficulty and I had the bad idea to go and check out the list of boss monsters. And apparently I have only just seen half of all the boss monsters which is a really scary though. 

How long would it take to actually beat the single player mode?

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By animateria

60 hours?

Honestly, unless your going for all the gear it shouldn't take too long.

The last offline monster/boss is very easy as well.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rallier
    @animateria said:
    " 60 hours?  Honestly, unless your going for all the gear it shouldn't take too long.  The last offline monster/boss is very easy as well. "
    60? Well that leaves me 8hours to beat all the bosses... fun times. I guess i spend some time online too but 60 seems a bit low for the solo mode. Well this is my first Monster Hunter game so I suppose that someone who is familiar with the gameplay would finish it way quicker then I.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

60 hours is low? For a MH game yes (well, not so much, it's comparable to Monster Hunter 1, which makes sense as it's a refresh rather than a game that stuffs all the old content together), for a game period, eh, no way? The online mode at least (most likely offline as well) has tougher quests to tackle based on your hunter rank (think Punch-Out!!'s title defense mode, same bosses but tougher) and you get better quality versions of their carvings to make better gear as well, so it's not like seeing each monster once means you finished all the game has to offer for those who enjoy its gameplay and would like it to last longer. There also are quests to beat more than one boss at a time and the event quests which can mix it up further by having say, a giant version of a boss to fight, as if they weren't big enough already. Etc. I'm sure you can play for well over a hundred hours even if you don't get obsessed with getting all the better gear etc.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rallier

Low for all the things that you have to do. For a game it is quite long. Wish more games were longer. Short games are just no fun, once you are starting to get into them they are already over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.