Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

How's the online? And are there still people playing it?

DrEmettBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DrEmettBrown

Just curious cause I may buy it

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By jimi

When I played it the online was great, just make sure you have a usb keyboard to plug into the wii.

Word of warning though: This game requires a shit ton time to get anything out of it, so be prepared.

DrEmettBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DrEmettBrown

k thanks

rempresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rempresent

I spent a lot of time with this recently and discovered a few things about the online service. It is still very populated and full of like minded individuals, people that just need to beef up their HR. Since there is no loot fighting, ninja-ing or grinding, questing is advantageous for everyone to participate and to do their best. The only thing you really need to do is make sure that you are stacked with potions, whetstones and be sure not to die.

Personally, I didn't have a keyboard hooked up at the time and can't use Wii Speak (it keeps the wife up), so I was at the mercy of the quick response words that are already prepared in the game. The way it seems to work online is that you go into a populated server, start your own populated city with the "Everyone Welcome". You will be in your own city by yourself for a little bit, but it seems that people are at the ready and jump into your game as soon as possible to help out. I have had a ton of people help me out online that didn't say a word. I would go up to the bulletin board, place a quest and let them help me out. The frustration comes from the quests that are exclusive due to your Hunter Rank (HR). Having higher level dudes helps, but when you are proactively looking for cities to join (which takes up more time in my opinion), you want to make sure that you are in the same HR bracket or it makes things pretty difficult.

Hope you pick it up and happy hunting.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Monster Huner? Play? 

Yes. People, always.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.