Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Tri

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 20, 2010

The first third-generation Monster Hunter game, Monster Hunter 3 (tri) represents a reboot to the franchise, with dozens of new monsters, items, weapons, and underwater combat.

To buy or not to buy: Monster Hunter Tri.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Hey guys, I have not touched my Wii in a quite a while and I was considering buying this game but I have some concerns. 

I owned the PSP version of the game (the most recent one) and I found it to be terrible, the controls almost made the game unplayable and the tutorial was confusing as fuck. Another thing was no online, since the game was meant for co-op and I don't have any ''hardcore gaming friends :P'' it was hard to play by myself. 

How does the Wii version stack up to the PSP version? I love the idea of the game and was looking for a game that delivered.

And yes, you may disagree with me on the PSP version but that is not what I am asking ^__^

Thanks.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

The Wii version is better with better tutorials and no camera control issues (not on the same side/hand as the character control like it's on PSP) alongside extra moves and what not for all the weapons, and of course a proper, if somewhat clunky, online mode and nicer visuals, but if you were that terrible at it (as the game was pretty awesome itself actually)  after a genuine effort to understand the core mechanics of the experience on PSP then, it's just not for you I guess. And everything that isn't for you isn't automatically a terrible game. Not that it's hard to find such information from reviews or other forum posts. Or the name.

You're welcome.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " The Wii version is better with better tutorials and no camera control issues (not on the same side/hand as the character control like it's on PSP) alongside extra moves and what not for all the weapons, and of course a proper, if somewhat clunky, online mode and nicer visuals, but if you were that terrible at it (as the game was far pretty awesome itself)  after a genuine effort (it doesn't sound like it) to understand the core mechanics on PSP then, do not buy.

Not that it's hard to find such information from reviews or other forum posts. Or the name alone. It's Monster Hunter.You're welcome. "
    You just convinced me to buy it. ^__^

I didn't give it an honest try because of the camera controls and other issue I mentioned so it sound like alll the problems I had were fixed.

Thanks.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Grah now you made my formatting ocd edit look wrong. I should probably clarify you still have to control the camera manually, which is apparently an "issue" for some people, but it's much more comfortable to do so with either a classic controller (right stick are usual) or the default Wii controllers, than on PSP.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " I'm starting to find it pretty engrossing and I've only skimmed the surface myself. "
    Are you having issues with the camera controls?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.