Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Rancher DS

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

Tecmo brings its bizarre cryptozoological animal husbandry simulation to the Nintendo DS.

I drew a penis, it made a monster

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Edited By Driadon

I just got my hands on a (very hard to find!) copy of Monster Rancher DS. I've always been a fan of the series, what little of played of it since I only got started with my Monster Ranch-ing on the Gameboy Advance (not having a PlayStation until I got my 60GB PS3 just two years ago will do that to you), and well, there's something just so damn charming about the series. Being able to spawn these, uh, Spawn using unconventional means, then raising them as you go gallivanting through various tournaments and distant lands.  There are some elements I know will not appeal to a lot of people, but I can tell you that there are more potential fans of the series then the dead boards here seem to let on. 

It's a deceptively simple game and worth checking out if you're curious or a fan. 

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Driadon

I just got my hands on a (very hard to find!) copy of Monster Rancher DS. I've always been a fan of the series, what little of played of it since I only got started with my Monster Ranch-ing on the Gameboy Advance (not having a PlayStation until I got my 60GB PS3 just two years ago will do that to you), and well, there's something just so damn charming about the series. Being able to spawn these, uh, Spawn using unconventional means, then raising them as you go gallivanting through various tournaments and distant lands.  There are some elements I know will not appeal to a lot of people, but I can tell you that there are more potential fans of the series then the dead boards here seem to let on. 

It's a deceptively simple game and worth checking out if you're curious or a fan. 

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

I haven't played a Monster Rancher game since the original.  I still have it, so if I ever get the urge to play one, I'll probably just shove that one in my PS3.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By bed

wait, what? you drew a penis and you used it as a monster to fight dudes? 

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Driadon
    @AjayRaz: No, the game isn't graffiti kingdom. The DS version spawns pre-made monsters depending on either crap you draw or phrases you speak.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By bed
    @Driadon: ok. that's pretty damn cool. what did you say to make a penis? XD
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Driadon
    @AjayRaz: It's two separate modes. I just drew the penis and got a monster who's name escapes me, but it looks like a duck with samurai armor.

I also chanted  CTHULHU FHTAGN and got a pikachu look-alike.
    Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By manhattan_project
    @Driadon said:
    " @AjayRaz: It's two separate modes. I just drew the penis and got a monster who's name escapes me, but it looks like a duck with samurai armor. I also chanted  CTHULHU FHTAGN and got a pikachu look-alike. "
    Awesome.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

You said "very hard"! 

lol

Prolix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Prolix

I would love a penis monster!  What kind of abilities do they have?  Are they built in or can I make my very own cum shooting shotgun?  

BAM! Right in the kisser.

Can I design the enemies too?  I want to play a giant penis monster, with a cum blasting shotgun.  Fighting Zombie Nazi Vagina's with teeth.

Any screenshots of your penis... monster?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By mazik765

I actually want to pick this game up. I miss the good old days on the PS1 where you could put any disk int he console to spawn a monster...that was kind of cool.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @Driadon said:
    " @AjayRaz: No, the game isn't graffiti kingdom. The DS version spawns pre-made monsters depending on either crap you draw or phrases you speak. "
    Monster Rancher games are totally awesome! Graffiti Kingdom is also awesome! Way better drawing mechanics than Magic Pengel, although I liked that game more.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Having flashbacks to time spent Monster Rancher 2.  It'd be good except for the times my monsters died on me...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.