Mordekaiser is a being shrouded in mystery as thick as his armor. People can't decide whether he is a man, demon, or a simulacrum forged from the undead. He came from the Shadow Isles and stands over eight feet tall with an enormous mace. The hulking warrior wears a thick armor that protects him from attacks and can swing his mace with such force multiple foes can be destroyed at once. He also acts more than a standard foot soldier with the ability to create a shield of metal shards around his allies for protection. However, the most terrifying power Mordekairser possess is his ability to siphon the life out of his opponents and command their spirits in death.
Mordekaiser's battle abilities are fully known but his origins are unclear. Any assertion of his homeland has no factual basis and is merely assumption and conjecture. Mordekaiser mysteriously arrived unannounced to the Institute of War and demanded to join the League of Legends.
The Master of Metal seems to have a connection with disease. His touch can inflict a horrible sickness on a person and seems to feed upon the plague he can spread. Although Mordekaiser is often seen in the slums of Noxus, a source of disease and malaise, he carries himself with dignity. People believe his stance means more than simply vanity. Mordekaiser looks like a leader, a leader of what or of who, no one knows for sure.
|Stat||Base Value||Growth Per Level|
| Damage|| 51.7|| 3.5|
| Health|| 421|| 80|
| Mana|| 140|| 0|
| Move Speed|| 315|| 0|
| Armor|| 15|| 3.5|
| Spell Block|| 30|| 1.25|
| Health Regen|| 1.49|| .11|
| Mana Regen|| 0|| 0|
: 25% of the damage dealt from this ability is converted into a temporary shield. Maximum shield strength is 650 health, and the minimum is 140. The shield decays by 3% per second. (Active, [Q])
: On the next hit, Mordekaiser swings his mace with such force that it echoes out, striking up to 3 additional nearby targets, dealing his attack damage plus bonus damage. If the target is alone, the bonus damage is doubled. (Active, [W])
: Unleashes a protective cloud of metal shards to surround an ally, increasing armor and magic resistance and dealing magic damage per second to enemies in the cloud. (Active, [E])
: Mordekaiser damages enemies in a cone in front of him, dealing magic damage. For each unit hit, Mordekaiser's shield absorbs additional health. (Active, [R])
: Mordekaiser's ultimate curses an enemy champion for 8 seconds, stealing life from him in the process. If the target dies while under the effect of the curse, their soul is enslaved and will follow Mordekaiser for 30 seconds. During this time, Mordekaiser gains a quarter of their ability power, and attack damage. The spirit gains a percentage of Mordekaiser's adjusted damage, ability power, and health totals.
Mordekaiser is a very versatile dps
champion. He excels at harassing and chasing down enemy heroes. His survivability is also higher than other dps because of Siphon of Destruction and Iron Man abilities. Siphon of Destruction is Mordekaiser's bread and butter so players should focus on leveling it as quick as possible. In team games Mordekaiser players should focus on helping in ganks and chasing down enemy heroes and get the frozen mallet as soon as possible. Although Mordekaiser is a fantastic harasser and chaser he lacks key abilities. He doesn't posses a nuke or any form of crowd control.
- Mordekaiser's best defense is maintaining his shield by using his abilities.
- His ultimate can be used defensively because of its life steal component.
- Try to kill ranged champions with his ultimate, abuse it with Lizard buff.
- Your prisoner will get all the passives from the champion you enslaved.
- Ignite paired with his ultimate is a great finisher on fleeing opponents.
- Your prisoner can use the Mace of Spade charge, even if it's ranged.
- "I shall bring great suffering !"
- "How delightfully painful."
- "You only need to click once, fool!"
- "So be it... Summoner."
- "No pain, no drain."
- "The whole... living thing is highly overrated."
- "Misery loves company."
- "If I must."
- "Desolation is coming."
- "For great... torment!"
- "Master of puppets is pulling my strings."
- "Death would be too good for the likes of you."
- "I like my weapons how I like my music.. heavy.. and metal! "
Every one of Mordekaiser's skills is in reference to a heavy metal song
- The Movement/Attacking sentence: "Misery Loves Company." is said to be after the Swedish Metal Duo: Misery Loves Co., while it could be a reference to the Misery Loves Company song from Anthrax as well.
- The line "Master of puppets is pulling my strings." is a reference to "Master of Puppets" by Metallica.
- The name Mordekaiser is derived from German for "Murder Emperor".
- His death animation is a known heavy metal move.
- Mordekaiser's model resembles very much the Planescape: Torment character Vhailor.
- Mordekaiser's name is derived from the online/game identity of Yun 'Stich' Lam, the girlfriend of a Riot Games designer.
- Mordekaiser's Dragon Knight skin is a reference to DoTA and the hero in it called the Dragon Knight, using the model of Footman.
- "No pain, no drain." is a reference to the phrase "No pain, no game!"