Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mordheim: City of the Damned

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Nov 20, 2015

Mordheim is a turn-based tactical game in which players control a squad, or "warband," making their way through the ruined city of Mordheim in search of remnants of the Wyrdstone comet.

So Mordheim Sounds Pretty Cool

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I hadn't heard of Mordheim until the British-with-a-capital-B game site RPS did a brief preview of it yesterday, but it sounds like exactly what I want from squad-based tactical games. Everything's super customizable, and while it has permadeath whatever, there's also broken bones and loss of limb. Not just a shrunken health bar, or XCOM's putting soldiers on the back burner, but straight up permanent body damage. Which is probably a gross thing to be excited about, but considering the last time I remember seeing anything like that was MechWarrior 4, I'm pretty psyched (even if it is apparently randomized, and not based on game physics or whatever).

All my characters by the end of the game, probably.
    All my characters by the end of the game, probably.

The Fantasy version of Warhammer tends to get pushed to the side in favor of 40K. Chainsaw swords bring all the boys to the yard, etc. It's still fairly early in development, but I have to say, this sounds unique enough to be worth keeping an eye on, even with Divinity and the new Dragon Age already filling the party-based fantasy slots for the rest of this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

I like Warhammer fantasy because it's BIG HUGE PULP FANTASY and most fantasy now is either flowery high fantasy about shiny purple magical energy bridges and everything is weirdly clean and pastoral... or it's hyper grim dark fantasy that focuses on brutality and hardship. BIG HUGE PULP FANTASY was kind of both at the same time and that's what was great about it. It's about giant bare-chested men grappling with death Gods in titanic struggles that happen in the twisted dreams of a powerful wizard and cannot end until Jormungandr swallows the World of Storms and returns the Cosmic Continuance to perfect order.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Very nice. There seems to be a lot of promise, especially if that wound system ends up being as meaningful as it sounds. I'm certainly always hungry for both good strategy games and excellent videogame interpretations of the Warhammer universe. That special mix of playing it incredibly straight while presenting an utterly absurd, hyperbolic and imaginative setting holds a very special place in my heart.

It would be great to get a really good game from the fantasy side of things since most of my favorite WH videogames tend to favor the 40k variant. But I'm not aware of any reasons for the fantasy setting actually being inferior. Way too early to tell where this'll go but I'm going to keep my eyes on this one. Mordheim is also a great WH name. Someday I want a nice home in Mordheim.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I'm in the EA and it looks pretty good so far. There's is a lot which they still have to implement and certain core feature require improvement (tactical map) but it looks solid and I already enjoy playing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.