More Mortal Kombat HD Remake Retailer Listings Surface

• 96 results
#51 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (601 posts) -

$40 is not bad price if they are redoing the animations/actors so a better HD product can be put out. I look forward to finding out more.

#52 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Korwin said:
" @MegaGoat said:
" Dr Tracksuit as a secret character? "
From the character select screen hit down, back, down, forward, block+ punch.  This unlocks Dr. Tracksuit and the Toobin' mini game in UMK3 HD. "
I fucking wish this was true.
#53 Posted by Akeldama (4236 posts) -

Sold.

#54 Posted by icytower38 (461 posts) -

Xbox 360 release and I'm in

#55 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

If this HD version comes to the PC I'll shit my pants from excitement.

#56 Posted by Tophat666 (229 posts) -

Please be true.

#57 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Sounds great. Time to get my Cyrax and Kano on.

#58 Posted by InuFaye (80 posts) -

Yay. For not having to drag out old consoles. 

#59 Posted by ObsideonDarman (640 posts) -

Please let this be true! for the love of God please let this be true!

#60 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

Not sure about this.  Just bring on the next MK.

#61 Posted by Blueprint12 (247 posts) -
@icytower38 said:
" Xbox 360 release and I'm in "

#62 Posted by Derachi (95 posts) -

Wait, 40 bucks?
Let's add this up:
UMK3 was 400 points on XBLA. (5 bucks)
MK2 is, what, 5 bucks on PSN?
Those two together is like 10 bucks.
Is MK1 really worth 30 dollars?

#63 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -
@Derachi said:
" Wait, 40 bucks? Let's add this up: UMK3 was 400 points on XBLA. (5 bucks) MK2 is, what, 5 bucks on PSN? Those two together is like 10 bucks. Is MK1 really worth 30 dollars? "
They are supposedly HD remakes, not the XBLA/PSN games. But I'm not sure that justifies the $40 yet, we'll have to see.  
#64 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

I will wait for a 24.99-29.99 price tag, 40$ is just ridiculous to me.

#65 Posted by MrRojan (76 posts) -
@Korwin said:
" @MegaGoat said:
" Dr Tracksuit as a secret character? "
From the character select screen hit down, back, down, forward, block+ punch.  This unlocks Dr. Tracksuit and the Toobin' mini game in UMK3 HD. "
What is his finishing move?  Does he have a friendality?
#66 Posted by Phished0ne (2477 posts) -

YES! CALL ED BOON, TELL HIM YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR A NEW MK CHARACTER, 

DR TRACKSUIT

#67 Posted by Romination (2774 posts) -

What? It's not the Arkade Kollection?

#68 Posted by Digbert (20 posts) -

Sounds really cool

#69 Posted by lordgodalming (164 posts) -
@SpiritOf: "  Shouldn't it be "Mortal Kombat: HD ArKade KolleKtion"?" 

Yes it should.
#70 Edited by MeatSim (10741 posts) -

Kollection, ha

#71 Posted by MerlinGLX (2 posts) -

Is it sad that no matter how many times this game is released\re-released I will still pick it up? Probably sad.

#72 Posted by TheHakku (359 posts) -

Well, I dived in and preordered whatever it is for PS3 on Gamestop. Yep.

#73 Edited by mccarron (73 posts) -
@blah37 said:

" I'm really hoping any HD MK remake will look better than Dark Presence (what ever happened to that game?). "

I actually saw Dark Presence first hand a month or so ago, it does look better than the screenshots show. But they have a LONG WAY to go, and are being REALLY ambitious in some of the game design which does nothing but force the game to take longer to produce. Really great and nice guys, actually just opened up an arcade in the last few months which sadly is taking time from their already delayed games. 

As long as the  MK HD project keeps it's look close to the original, it should still look good in HD. I see no need to make changes beyond upscaling the graphics. If it remains close to the original as possible, it'll look WAY better than the stretched and scaled arcade resolution does just more crisp and clean. We should see something more soon I'd imagine. 

As far as the price goes, the UK leaks seemed to all claim this release also includes a demo of Mortal Kombat (2011). GameStop doesn't have details beyond platform and date, so it's very possible this is another reason it's not just downloadable and costs a bit more. 

Patrick McCarron, from the aforementioned TRMK
#74 Posted by Sergotron (475 posts) -

Call me crazy, but I actually really enjoyed the 3D last generation Mortal Kombat games. I know it is a small fan base, but I am proudly one of them.

#75 Posted by toots (428 posts) -

I'm gonna say that this is probably not going to last as a ps3 exclusive. Because nothing does.

#76 Posted by Warchief (650 posts) -

time to dust off the old ps3. 

#77 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

Don't understand why they're releasing it on the inferior console first.

#78 Posted by blah37 (20 posts) -
@mccarron: Cool, thanks for the info and speculation.  It's both weird and awesome that digitized graphics still exist in the year 2010.  Now we just need HD remakes of Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game, Pit Fighter, and Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire for digitized graphics to make their complete and glorious comeback.
#79 Posted by august (3825 posts) -

This sounds crazy and awesome. Crazy awesome.

#80 Posted by mccarron (73 posts) -
@blah37 said:
" @mccarron: Cool, thanks for the info and speculation.  It's both weird and awesome that digitized graphics still exist in the year 2010.  Now we just need HD remakes of Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game, Pit Fighter, and Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire for digitized graphics to make their complete and glorious comeback. "
I was as surprised as anyone else when I heard the HD Remake of Mortal Kombat was using real actors, but I think they wanted to maintain the look and feel of the early games in the transition to HD. Replacing the actors with hand drawn or sprites made up of 3D models would just upset the hardcore fans.  

I doubt you'd see a major A+ title doing digitized graphics. It's one thing to replacing a set number of sprites with newer graphics, but it's a whole other monster to create a new game that uses thousands of unique digitized frames in all their animations like Dark Presence is aiming to do. Their whole game was told to me to be over a Terabyte of storage currently!  That pretty much promises it'd be arcade only if/when they finally ship the product.

The use of 3D models make that work so much easier especially when all they need to do is go back and motion capture a new animation and it's pretty much ready for the game for any given character they want. No need to call back in an actor to refilm some new ideas you have, or be forced to reuse as many frames of animation as possible for anything you want to add. You can see the amount of re-use that was done in Mortal Kombat in the arcades for Fatalities and such that were added later. 
#81 Posted by Gertso (40 posts) -

This is totally going to look like Dark Presence isn't it?    

#82 Posted by MutenMiller (215 posts) -

Totally using the wallpaper I made as the image for this newspost on the homepage.

*cool guy face*

#83 Posted by mccarron (73 posts) -
@Gertso said:
" This is totally going to look like Dark Presence isn't it?     "
Having seen a few fan created mockups of what this game could look like, they all look better than Dark Presence does. Here's one and here's another. They both take a lot of different directions than I expect the MK HD remasters to go, but cool none-the-less.
#84 Posted by TheLastNeo (436 posts) -

FUUUUCK YESSS!!!

#85 Posted by Dryker (490 posts) -

This sounds cool. Too bad it's lookin' like no LIve play. PSN'll have to do.

#86 Posted by KeepThisKoupon (94 posts) -

No 360 version /cry

#87 Posted by agentboolen (1749 posts) -

I like the sounds of re-shooting it, make a Xbox 360 version and I'll be considering it.

#88 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

I have this image in my head of high res clean looking actors doing stilted stop motion and it's amazing.

#89 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Come on with a Steam release goddamnit.

#90 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

I'd buy this game if Jeff was in it.

#91 Posted by Wildfire570 (719 posts) -

I hope when they announce its also for the 360. I want to perform fatalities too! >.<

#92 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1861 posts) -

I would be totally down for this.

#93 Posted by honeycut1 (142 posts) -

Why PS3 exclusive?

#94 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

Yeah, I would totally pick this package up at some point.
#95 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

for me this is an automatic purchase. If it came out on 360, I would buy it for that console but if it is a ps3 exclusive, I wont shed a tear, i'll just buy it anyway.
#96 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3101 posts) -

I want this! ONLINE PLAY BITCHES!

#97 Posted by TechHits (1365 posts) -

So I guess that with MK9 coming out soon this game is MIA, so vapor ware?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.