Jeff. Please stop reviewing fighting games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by funkpanda (59 posts) -

I knew you would do this Jeff. You are a fanboy through and through. I knew you would give Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe a stellar review in comparison to your shallow, biased, and uneducated review of Soul Calibur 4.

My complaint is that you unfairly judged SC4 based on "dull set of single player modes" yet, you completely IGNORE the fact that MK vs. DC has LESS single player modes.

In MKvsDC you have, Story, Arcade, Kombo Challenge, and Practice.  In SC4 you have, Story, Arcade, Tower, Practice. As well as a robust create a character mode.

MK vs. DC's story mode is significantly better than Soul Calibur 4's because MKvDC has developed cutscenes and is much lengthier. That is true.

Arcade mode is practically the same either way.

Practice Mode options in MK vs DC PALE in comparison to the options you get in Soul Calibur 4.  At least in SC4 you can record a set number of moves and have the training dummy do them to practice certain reactions.

Now Im going to compare 2 different modes of the game, Kombat Challenge and Tower of Souls. Kombat Challenge is 10 kombos that you can do per character.  Which can take a different amount of time based on varying skill levels between players. On the other hand Tower of Souls has 50 floors down AND up. Based on the time alone it takes to complete these, I would figure it gives more play time than MK's Kombo Challenge, but then again, it varies on skill level.

And on top of ALL that, Soul Calibur even has a robust create a character mode! MKvsDC DOESNT EVEN HAVE DIFFERENT COSTUMES FOR EACH CHARACTER!!!

Yet, as you say in your Soul Calibur 4 review you gave it negative marks based on "a dull set of single-player modes".  I ask, what is the difference between the two games in this regard? MKvsDC has a more robust storyline? Give me a break, fanboy.

The one thing I can give you credit for is that you don't judge the game based on fighting mechanics, you leave them for what they are.

Im dissapointed in you, Jeff. Though you dont care. I'll continue to listen to the podcast because your a funny guy. But I'll get my fighting game reviews from 1UP and tell everyone I know to stop listening to your fighting game reviews. Because you obviously can't judge each one fairly.

#2 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -

Did you play MK vs. DCU?

#3 Edited by funkpanda (59 posts) -

Yes, I bought it and I enjoy it.

My complaint is that he's not being unbiased in his reviews and gave poor marks to SC4 based on cosmetic features.

BiggerBomb said:

"Did you play MK vs. DCU?"

#4 Edited by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
funkpanda said:
"Yes, I bought it and I enjoy it.

My complaint is that he's not being unbiased in his reviews and gave poor marks to SC4 based on cosmetic features.

BiggerBomb said:

"

So because he gave it a good review, he is biased? Have you ever thought that maybe he gave SC4 a bad review because of the shameless integration of STAR WARS of all crap without a seamless transition and women displayed in ways only a 40 year old virgin living in his mom's attic might think of as he masturbates to whatever PG-13 movie his parents let him get his hands on.

Edit: lulz run on sentinses 4tehwinnre but 2 lazy to edit nd 2 tird 2 tipe gud
#5 Posted by jakob187 (22290 posts) -

Funk, have you thought that maybe YOUR opinion is biased and that you aren't looking at the most important thing?

MK vs. DCU and SC4 are two totally different kind of games.  MK has always been a much more casual game, and therefore, it's got a bit of a different standard to be judged on.

SC4, when compared to previous SC installments, DID have dull single player modes.  Hell, SCIII had a ton of great single-player content, and SC4 fucked it all up (as well as Ivy)...and it's because they focused so hard on the online functionality of it.

Meanwhile, MK had way too many single-player modes, which were half the problems of the past three.  I mean, granted, they were cool modes...but only for the first three or four times you used them.  Other than that, the last three MK games...well...maybe two, because I did enjoy Deadly Alliance...

Yeah, the last two MK games were relatively weak.  Jeff's review was very much about MK coming back to form, and after reading his review, I will definitely need to check the game out.

SC4 got the review it deserved, and if you are buttsore over it, then go ahead and stick with 1Up.  At least I know my review isn't some corporate shit.
#6 Posted by Kush (9089 posts) -

So he should stop reviewing games because he has an individual opinion that is unique to himself...ok, guess what...so do you.

#7 Edited by MB (13785 posts) -

I just deleted a few off topic and spam image posts from this thread.  Knock off the spam, please. 

If you don't have anything to say or just want to post some huge ridiculous image, don't even bother replying.  This user made some fair points and at least took the time to write out this post - if you don't agree with him, either say why or don't post at all.

Thank you.

#8 Posted by jakob187 (22290 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"So because he gave it a good review, he is biased? Have you ever thought that maybe he gave SC4 a bad review because of the shameless integration of STAR WARS of all crap..."
Bigger...umm....

DC of all crap to mix into a Mature-rated fighting franchise?  Not a very good argument, bro...
#9 Posted by funkpanda (59 posts) -

BiggerBomb
said:
"funkpanda said:

BiggerBomb said:

"

So because he gave it a good review, he is biased? Have you ever thought that maybe he gave SC4 a bad review because of the shameless integration of STAR WARS of all crap without a seamless transition and women displayed in ways only a 40 year old virgin living in his mom's attic might think of as he masturbates to whatever PG-13 movie his parents let him get his hands on.

Edit: lulz run on sentinses 4tehwinnre but 2 lazy to edit nd 2 tird 2 tipe gud"
I didn't mention his statement on the characters involved in either game. Did I? Thats a minor point, the same thing could be said about DC characters in the MK world. I said that his review based on SC4's single player modes was shallow he gave it much more scrutiny than he did for MK vs DCU.
#10 Posted by brukaoru (5134 posts) -

I should post here what I posted in Jeff's review, but somehow I know you wouldn't care so I'm not going to bother.

I'll just say that all this hate for someone's opinion is ridiculous.

#11 Posted by Systech (4190 posts) -

No, he just didn't like Soul Calibur IV as much as MKvsDC. It's simple as that.

#12 Posted by funkpanda (59 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Funk, have you thought that maybe YOUR opinion is biased and that you aren't looking at the most important thing?
MK vs. DCU and SC4 are two totally different kind of games.  MK has always been a much more casual game, and therefore, it's got a bit of a different standard to be judged on.

SC4, when compared to previous SC installments, DID have dull single player modes.  Hell, SCIII had a ton of great single-player content, and SC4 fucked it all up (as well as Ivy)...and it's because they focused so hard on the online functionality of it.

Meanwhile, MK had way too many single-player modes, which were half the problems of the past three.  I mean, granted, they were cool modes...but only for the first three or four times you used them.  Other than that, the last three MK games...well...maybe two, because I did enjoy Deadly Alliance...

Yeah, the last two MK games were relatively weak.  Jeff's review was very much about MK coming back to form, and after reading his review, I will definitely need to check the game out.

SC4 got the review it deserved, and if you are buttsore over it, then go ahead and stick with 1Up.  At least I know my review isn't some corporate shit.
"

You know what, I am buttsore over it. Because, I point out that Jeff gave a bad score to SC4 because of SINGLE PLAYER OPTIONS. And in a 1 to 1 comparison of all the single player options given by each game, not only does MK vs DC have LESS, they could be said to be less robust. Jeff doesn't even mention that in his MK vs DCU review.

#13 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
funkpanda said:
"

BiggerBomb
said:
"funkpanda said:

BiggerBomb said:

"

I didn't mention his statement on the characters involved in either game. Did I? Thats a minor point, the same thing could be said about DC characters in the MK world. I said that his review based on SC4's single player modes was shallow he gave it much more scrutiny than he did for MK vs DCU.
"

No, you fail.
#15 Edited by MB (13785 posts) -

I think Brukaoru made a fair point - a review is a person's opinion and not always completely objective, nor should they be.  Everyone knows that Jeff adores Mortal Kombat, and if that influenced his review, then so be it. 

#16 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1144 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"funkpanda said:

BiggerBomb said:

"

As opposed to DC comics? Same difference? Both properties had a purpose.....$$$$
#17 Posted by Dalai (7755 posts) -

Nobody agrees 100% with anyone... does that mean they shouldn't speak their mind?  If Jeff thinks it's 5-star worthy, then that's fine... if you don't like it, write your own review with a score that you think is deserving.

#18 Posted by LiquidPrince (16451 posts) -

Not that I agree with the TC, but giving MK vs DC the same grade as MGS4 and Gears of War 2 is just weird...

#19 Posted by funkpanda (59 posts) -
MB said:
"I think Brukaoru made a fair point - a review is a person's opinion and not always completely objective, nor should they be.  Everyone knows that Jeff adores Mortal Kombat, and if that influenced his review, then so be it. "

Thing is, I was under the impression that Jeff was a fighting game aficionado. Listening to him talk about the arcades in Tokyo and his ability to hang on the machines with the die hard japanese players. He even went as far as to do a video on Battle Fantasia. I would assume that he has an eclectic taste for fighting games and could review them with an un-biased review.
#20 Posted by MB (13785 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Not that I agree with the TC, but giving MK vs DC the same grade as MGS4 and Gears of War 2 is just weird..."

Forget about the score - five stars means the game is great, it's not meant to be compared with the scores that other games received.
#21 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
funkpanda said:
"MB said:
"I think Brukaoru made a fair point - a review is a person's opinion and not always completely objective, nor should they be.  Everyone knows that Jeff adores Mortal Kombat, and if that influenced his review, then so be it. "

Thing is, I was under the impression that Jeff was a fighting game aficionado. Listening to him talk about the arcades in Tokyo and his ability to hang on the machines with the die hard japanese players. He even went as far as to do a video on Battle Fantasia. I would assume that he has an eclectic taste for fighting games and could review them with an un-biased review."

Soul Caliber sucks.
#22 Edited by Pepsiman (2766 posts) -

Hey guys! Let's all hate on each other's opinions because this is the Internet and we totally get to say things here that we wouldn't ever remotely have the courage to utter in person! That's, I dunno, totally the classy thing to do!

And then while we're at it, let's keep on saying how people are incomptent at their jobs because our maturity clearly indicates that we would be better candidates! Let's not ever think of the fact that we could just leave this site if we disagreed with someone's opinion! Of course not! We gotta milk these free memberships for what it's worth by trying to start online fights with the very people who give us a voice here in the first place!

Oh, man is it great to be alive! I don't think I've arbitrarily used more exclamation marks in an entirely non-sarcastic way!

Look, Jeff's review is what it is. Did he ever say anywhere that it was the end all that be all when it came to critical opinion of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe? No? Then I honestly don't see any reason to get up in arms about it to such an extreme extent as to look analgous to triggering a political revolution. You still have the right to reserve your own opinion, but people will only seriously listen to it if you give other people's the time of day. Insulting somebody's occuptation isn't exactly the fast track to making that happen and those sorts of words are best left to a yelling session in front of the mirror.

And to be blunt, most reviewers who have been at it as long as Jeff has developed a super thick skin for these insults. It's a thankless job in a lot of mediums and it's especially true in the gaming industry. Why people get so offended over mere text and scores and beyond me. Is it because there's way too much being read between the lines to the extent where people feel they're told that their purchases weren't really all that worthwhile? I don't know and quite frankly, I don't care since people who have already purchased the games aren't the intended audience of reviews in the first place.

If you like SCIV more than MK vs. DC, then good for you. But what exactly gives you more authority to deem which game is better than Jeff does? Because as far as I can tell, you and he are both people and neither of you are the omnipotent god of the opinion on this matter.
#23 Posted by jakob187 (22290 posts) -
funkpanda said:
"You know what, I am buttsore over it. Because, I point out that Jeff gave a bad score to SC4 because of SINGLE PLAYER OPTIONS. And in a 1 to 1 comparison of all the single player options given by each game, not only does MK vs DC have LESS, they could be said to be less robust. Jeff doesn't even mention that in his MK vs DCU review."
So.....let me get this straight.  You say that because SC4 has a robust amount of single-player options, that automatically makes it a better game?  I'm sorry, but SC4 DID have dull single-player options.
And yeah, it did have character customization...and it didn't honestly make much of a difference.

I mean, I will give it to you that maybe 1 star out of Jeff's review was a "I fucking love MK" star...but it is HIS review.  Hell, if I were an MK fan and saw him this excited after reading his 8.1 review of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, or even his 7.9 review of Mortal Kombat II for download on the PS3, then by all means, I would say that this game has to be the second coming of Christ.

Also, you may want to remember that a 5-star on this site is NOT 100%.  Hell, it's usually anywhere between the 80-100% range, so by all means, there is room for interpretation there.

I'm sorry, but I know that Jeff will give an objective view on a game when he reviews it, and he doesn't try to bullshit people.
#24 Posted by ThePhenomenal1 (481 posts) -

did the thought ever occour that, maybe he just really didn't like SCIV that much? i didn't like SCIV that much. thats my opinion. jeff has his. its his f'n website. deal with it.

#25 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"funkpanda said:
"You know what, I am buttsore over it. Because, I point out that Jeff gave a bad score to SC4 because of SINGLE PLAYER OPTIONS. And in a 1 to 1 comparison of all the single player options given by each game, not only does MK vs DC have LESS, they could be said to be less robust. Jeff doesn't even mention that in his MK vs DCU review."
So.....let me get this straight.  You say that because SC4 has a robust amount of single-player options, that automatically makes it a better game?  I'm sorry, but SC4 DID have dull single-player options.
And yeah, it did have character customization...and it didn't honestly make much of a difference.

I mean, I will give it to you that maybe 1 star out of Jeff's review was a "I fucking love MK" star...but it is HIS review.  Hell, if I were an MK fan and saw him this excited after reading his 8.1 review of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, or even his 7.9 review of Mortal Kombat II for download on the PS3, then by all means, I would say that this game has to be the second coming of Christ.

Also, you may want to remember that a 5-star on this site is NOT 100%.  Hell, it's usually anywhere between the 80-100% range, so by all means, there is room for interpretation there.

I'm sorry, but I know that Jeff will give an objective view on a game when he reviews it, and he doesn't try to bullshit people.
"

Nuff' said.
#26 Posted by Bucketdeth (8232 posts) -

Well this is Jeff`s decision, he enjoyed MK alot more, it`s *HIS* opinion, not yours or mine, his. He may have said some odd points, maybe they seem biased, but this isn`t a review to end all reviews, hell there are hundreds of reviews I don`t like, this not being on of them, but the point is, a review is just an opinion to help you buy and or not buy a game, go buy Soul Caliber if you like it and support it. I still think it`s 100% fine that you made this topic,  I`m just saying a review isn`t something to be taken really seriously.

#27 Posted by funkpanda (59 posts) -
Pepsiman said:
"
What exactly gives you more authority to deem which game is better than Jeff does? Because as far as I can tell, you and he are both people and neither of you are the omnipotent god of the opinion on this matter.
"
Look,

The point I'm making is not which game is better. I like both games and play both games. I feel SC4 was judged too harshly.

Based on an objective point to point match between both games, one was judged negatively based on what Jeff saw(SC4) and one hardly had any mention, even though SC4 had more options and can be said to have deeper options.

You would think if you read one review and the reviewer pays attention to detail of Single player modes, he would pay attention to single player modes in all other games of that type.

#28 Edited by Jeff (5243 posts) -
funkpanda said:
Because you obviously can't judge each one fairly.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion. And if you think that Soul Calibur IV is a better game, then by all means, go and play it and have fun. As you may have surmised from the two reviews, I completely disagree. But I'm not here to tell you how to think.

Our reviews are set up to tell you what Author X thinks of Game Y. It's up to you to filter that review through your own personal tastes and make your own decision. To pretend that one review can serve all audiences with a recommendation that is accurate 100 percent of the time for 100 percent of the people who read it is madness.
Staff Online
#29 Posted by jakob187 (22290 posts) -
sidescroller said:
"And if you already had an opinion about the game, why the hell are you so concerned with his review anyway?"
Not a bad point.

funkpanda said:
"Now Im going to compare 2 different modes of the game, Kombat Challenge and Tower of Souls. Kombat Challenge is 10 kombos that you can do per character.  Which can take a different amount of time based on varying skill levels between players. On the other hand Tower of Souls has 50 floors down AND up. Based on the time alone it takes to complete these, I would figure it gives more play time than MK's Kombo Challenge, but then again, it varies on skill level."
Again, time played does not = superior game.  Enjoyment during time played = superior game.  Again, I haven't played through MK. vs DCU personally yet, but right now, I'm pretty sure that ANYTHING can beat dealing with the Tower of Souls in all of its amazing snoringness.
#30 Posted by LiquidPrince (16451 posts) -
MB said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Not that I agree with the TC, but giving MK vs DC the same grade as MGS4 and Gears of War 2 is just weird..."

Forget about the score - five stars means the game is great, it's not meant to be compared with the scores that other games received."
I guess so, although you will always sort of compare it to other games which got a 5. That's why the 5 star system is so limiting.

#31 Posted by mrfluke (5644 posts) -

i love both series to death
sc 4 did have some dull ass singleplayer modes ( that tower of souls mode is essentially survival mode as you go down the tower i think ) and the objective based part in the tower of souls mode is the "kombat challenge" of the game
the stat wars characters are a shameful addition in sc 4 
at least mk vs dc story  relies on why these universes are crossing over  and actually makes their crossing-over some sense

now for the fighting
yes soul calibur 4 is the "deeper" fighting system  but has it greatly changed over the course of the series lifetime and more importantly does it have the pick up and play appeal of the mortal kombat games and the "FUN" of them?( i give a kid  to play these 2 games which do you think he will like more he will like the mk vs dc more due to its simplier but more fun fighting and cool characters, soul calibur is for the fighting game vets that know how to pull of the usual 50 percent damage combo

another thing too the mk characters do have a universal appeal  (who doesnt love the ninjas subzero and scorpion)
while the characters in sc 4 are borderline anime-porn like  ( you just look at taki and ivy and tell me thats not true)

if you want to continue this pointless arguement ill continue

#32 Posted by PureRok (4268 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"funkpanda said:
"MB said:

Thing is, I was under the impression that Jeff was a fighting game aficionado. Listening to him talk about the arcades in Tokyo and his ability to hang on the machines with the die hard japanese players. He even went as far as to do a video on Battle Fantasia. I would assume that he has an eclectic taste for fighting games and could review them with an un-biased review."

Soul Caliber sucks."
99% of fighting games suck.
#33 Posted by Bucketdeth (8232 posts) -
PureRok said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"funkpanda said:
"MB said:

Soul Caliber sucks."
99% of fighting games suck."
100% of your statistics were made up on spot.
#34 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
Bucketdeth said:
"PureRok said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"funkpanda said:
"MB said:

Soul Caliber sucks."
100% of your statistics were made up on spot."

I don't like fighting games but that doesn't mean they suck. But it is true, Soul Caliber sucks.
#35 Edited by Unreal_dro (288 posts) -
Jeff said:
 it is madness.
"
no, It is SPARTA
#36 Posted by PureRok (4268 posts) -
Bucketdeth said:
"PureRok said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"funkpanda said:
"MB said:

Soul Caliber sucks."
100% of your statistics were made up on spot."
Actually, I can give whatever statistic on my own opinion that I want. I couldn't say 100% because there are one or two that I do like, but I think most of them are utter trash and the people who play them are dumb-dumbs.
#37 Posted by jakob187 (22290 posts) -
Jeff said:
"funkpanda said:

You're certainly welcome to your opinion. And if you think that Soul Calibur IV is a better game, then by all means, go and play it and have fun. As you may have surmised from the two reviews, I completely disagree. But I'm not here to tell you how to think."
I think what Funk is saying is that since we all know you are a die-hard fan of MK, he already expected you to give this game an amazing review without ever even playing it.  What he fails to realize is that you've given MK below-great reviews before, and weren't given the opportunity to review Deception or Armageddon (which I heard would've been in the same neighborhood as your Deadly Alliance and MK II reviews).
#38 Posted by funkpanda (59 posts) -
Jeff said:
"funkpanda said:

You're certainly welcome to your opinion. And if you think that Soul Calibur IV is a better game, then by all means, go and play it and have fun. As you may have surmised from the two reviews, I completely disagree. But I'm not here to tell you how to think.

Our reviews are set up to tell you what Author X thinks of Game Y. It's up to you to filter that review through your own personal tastes and make your own decision. To pretend that one review can serve all audiences with a recommendation that is accurate 100 percent of the time for 100 percent of the people who read it is madness.
"

I was just under the impression that you were a hardcore fighting game fan. The kind that can count frames and can be considered a regular on Shoryuken. But your right, its your opinion, I guess I just misunderstood where you come from. If I want a fighting game review from a hardcore fighting game fan I'll just look elsewhere.

I'll leave it at that.

#39 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"So because he gave it a good review, he is biased? Have you ever thought that maybe he gave SC4 a bad review because of the shameless integration of STAR WARS of all crap..."
Bigger...umm....

DC of all crap to mix into a Mature-rated fighting franchise?  Not a very good argument, bro...
"

It came out in a different way than I intended (that's what she said.) In my defense, I am exausted from both long hours of education and a brutal social situation. Cut me some slack? preeze?
#40 Posted by HTTenrai (292 posts) -

Like Jeff JUST got done saying, reviews of games are by their very NATURE a matter of subject. As far as I'm concerned, you can only be so unbiased before you opinion on the game ceases to have any more value than the bullet-pointed advertisement sheet for it.

If you think Soulcalibur IV is a better game, then you already know where the game stands in your life. You don't need anyone else to tell you that.

I know how much it sucks to see games get less credit than they deserve in one's own eyes. Hell, I'm a fan of Dynasty/Samurai Warriors/Orochi, and as mediocre as the reviews they get are, I get a satisfaction from the games that others don't. I've had to get used to accepting that reviews for the next Warriors game is just going to be met with rolling eyes, sighs, and calls for the series to end, but you know what, there's a bunch of other fans out there like myself who snap the games up for what they DO bring to the table.

Not everyone sees what I see there. Likewise, I don't get why others get enjoyment out of, say, Final Fantasy. It's just life and video games. Making something more out of it like the topic creator is needless. Opinions are one thing. Insisting others should not be entitled with theirs is completely different, and the latter should not be something we waste our time on here.

#41 Posted by jakob187 (22290 posts) -
HTTenrai said:
"I know how much it sucks to see games get less credit than they deserve in one's own eyes. Hell, I'm a fan of Dynasty/Samurai Warriors/Orochi, and as mediocre as the reviews they get are, I get a satisfaction from the games that others don't. I've had to get used to accepting that reviews for the next Warriors game is just going to be met with rolling eyes, sighs, and calls for the series to end, but you know what, there's a bunch of other fans out there like myself who snap the games up for what they DO bring to the table."
That is single-handedly the greatest paragraph ever written on this site.
#42 Posted by LiquidPrince (16451 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"HTTenrai said:
"I know how much it sucks to see games get less credit than they deserve in one's own eyes. Hell, I'm a fan of Dynasty/Samurai Warriors/Orochi, and as mediocre as the reviews they get are, I get a satisfaction from the games that others don't. I've had to get used to accepting that reviews for the next Warriors game is just going to be met with rolling eyes, sighs, and calls for the series to end, but you know what, there's a bunch of other fans out there like myself who snap the games up for what they DO bring to the table."
That is single-handedly the greatest paragraph ever written on this site."
Well, I don't know about the greatest, because that Luchadeer says some good shit, but it was indeed a very mature response.
#43 Posted by mrfluke (5644 posts) -
you ve forced my hand  ( ima make this the most epic post ive done)

mk vs dc review
jeffs mk deception review back in the day
jeffs mk deadly alliance review back in the day
jeffs mk armageddon review back in the day (if the dude was really biased this would've gotten a 9/10)
giantbomb review guidelines take a good read at this and then think about this pointless arguement

A SCORE IS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE THE MOST BASIC AT- A- GLANCE INFORMATION ABOUT A GAME FOR THOSE CONSIDERING MAKING A GAME PURCHASE
IT IS NOT THERE TO JUSTIFY/ATTACK ANYONES'S ENTRENCHED POSITION ON THE RELATIVE VALUE OF ONES VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE, DEVELOPER,PUBLISHER,OR HARDWARE , ETC

* * *  AN INHERENT APPRECIATION OF THIS GAMES SPECIFIC GAMEPLAY STYLE, CHARACTERS, SUBJECT MATTER, AND SO ON MAY PLAY A BIG ROLE IN YOUR ENJOYMENT AS THE ACTUAL QUALITY OF THE GAME

* * * * *   WHILE WE DON'T BELIEVE ANY GAME IS PERFECT WE RECOMMEND
THIS GAME WITHOUT RESERVATION

its people like you that should go occupy the wasteland of gamespot ( there are still very credible dudes there but there swimming with sharks like you)

you come to giantbomb with the satisfaction that your getting a pure honest opinion from the reviewer with no suit holding the strings putting pressure on the editorial side
#44 Posted by Jayge_ (10270 posts) -

ITT: a Butt-Hurt Soul Calibur 4 humper who needs to get over the fact that Jeff has opinions.

#45 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
Jayge said:
"ITT: a Butt-Hurt Soul Calibur 4 humper who needs to get over the fact that Jeff has opinions."

He has what?!
#46 Posted by siLVUR (118 posts) -

I like Soulcalibur IV, but MK vs DC doesn't interest me in the slightest bit. Does that make bias? Yes I guess it does.

So what are you going to do about it?

#47 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (5041 posts) -

Who cares?  It's just his opinion.
He set up giantbomb with this review type specifically the emphasize the point of opinion

and for the record, soul caliber is, and has always been, a mediocore fighting series.
Tekken, Street Fighter, a X vs. Capcom games have always been the best fighting games.

#48 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3244 posts) -
Jeff said:
"funkpanda said:

"
I think Jeff could not answer better than this 
#49 Posted by Psynapse (1084 posts) -
#50 Edited by jakob187 (22290 posts) -
mrfluke said:
"walloftext"
Sir, you must not have skipped to the last page of the Deception or the Armageddon review.  Jeff didn't do those.  Kasavin did.  =  /

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.