Opinions on the roster

#1 Edited by alexl86 (619 posts) -

The roster was leaked not too long ago(yesterday I think). I'll just put up the entire roster far all to see.

MK
Baraka
Jax
Kano
Kitana
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn
Sonya
Sub-Zero

DC
Batman
Catwoman
Darkseid
Deathstroke
Flash
Green Lantern
Joker
Lex Luthor
Shazam(Captain Marvel)
Superman
Wonder Woman(Forgot about her, sorry...)

I'll put my opinions out there first.

MK: It's a superb roster of MK characters. It's not perfect, they still lack Johnny Cage, Kung Lao would be fun to have, but overall it's a great roster. I could do without Kano, but I don't care that much.

DC: I can't really say it's any worse than the MK roster. Brainiac or Doomsday would've been better than Lex for a fighting game, but overall it's a great roster. Could've used a few more characters not from Batman or Superman though...

So, what do you think?

#2 Posted by ColumnBreaker (1150 posts) -

I'm pretty upset that they replaced Kabal with Flash. I'm just glad that they didn't try to somehow work in Aquaman...

#3 Edited by Rowr (5236 posts) -

I dont know why they put in baraka obama.

Johnny cage is the only one i see missing.

edit - wait a minute, where the fuck is reptile?

#4 Posted by giyanks22 (2682 posts) -

Somewhere my friends and I spoofed this game, and I haven't gotten the disk to edit it yet, but it is hilarious...Good list. Looks fun.

#5 Edited by MattyFTM (14241 posts) -

I'm not sure about Lex Luthor. I mean, he doesn't fight. What's he going to do, throw money at them???

Apart from that I think its great.

#6 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

WTF where's Wonder Woman... didn't they say she was going to be in it? If she isn't... it's kind of silly to leave out one of the big three from DC

#7 Posted by Rowr (5236 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"I'm not sure about Lex Luthor. I mean, he doesn't fight. What's he going to do, throw money at them???

Apart from that I think its great."
yeh i was trying to work that out as well.

suneku said:
"WTF where's Wonder Woman... didn't they say she was going to be in it? If she isn't... it's kind of silly to leave out one of the big three from DC"
yeh i was pretty sure they said she would be in it?

Has this leak been confirmed to be accurate anyway?

#8 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -

Wonder Woman has to be in it. With a confirmation from another time. And the 1up article has her included. Plus they mentioned the achievements there's a WW achievement so whew... I was ready to not even play this game if they left out WW. But I'm still very VERY disappointed in DC's roster. It could've been a lot better.

#9 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

I'm very happy to see Sub and Scorp, but where the fuck is Reptile cmon what the fuk.

#10 Posted by alexl86 (619 posts) -

suneku said:

"WTF where's Wonder Woman... didn't they say she was going to be in it? If she isn't... it's kind of silly to leave out one of the big three from DC"

Sorry, my bad. She was confirmed earlier, forgot to add her.

The roster have been confirmed by Midway, looking for a link to the press release...

#11 Edited by PitifullPete (145 posts) -

You know. Reptile would be a lot of similar looking ninjas for 11 chars. And then would you rather leave out sub or scrop? But why the hack has subzero a teleport? I just wanna freeze people :D. Why did they leave Kung lao out? I like Kitana, but I think Sonya is boring. Also why Jax? Is he so popular? I don't know, not alot of MY favourite MK chars in there. At least I have Raiden and Sub Zero (I miss Kabal, Stryker (Ninja-Robot!) and Kung Lao).

#12 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Do you think there's a slight chance that they will have DLC with additional characters? That would be pretty darn lame. :|

#13 Posted by lordofultima (6183 posts) -

No Doomsday, no Johnny Cage. Disappointing.

#14 Posted by EightBitWarrior (591 posts) -

I would be disappointed in no Reptile if they didn't completely wreck him when they brought the series into 3D. If it was UMK3 style Reptile, now we're talking.

#15 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I'm not a big MK fan, so I can't say much about the roster. But from what I've seen, the characters all look pretty cool. As for DC, aside from Batman (and in the odd case that Alex Mercer does indeed join the DC universe) I'm not the biggest fan of DC. I'm not going to lie though, this game is looking great. I'm thinking about it...

#16 Posted by lvl10Wizard (326 posts) -

I'm not bothered about Shao Kahn or Sonya. It would definitely have been nice to see Kung Lao instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.