Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

Mortal Kombat X Dated for April 14

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek

In line with previous Mortal Kombat releases, Mortal Kombat X will arrive next spring on April 14, 2015.

And guess who's back? Goro. He's a pre-order exclusive that will likely become DLC after the game ships.

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm usually ready to bust heads after winter commutes around that time. So works for me!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Looks like I might be buying a PS4 early next year when it's not just an Indie game machine.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Hopefully I'll have a current gen console by that point.

Springfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

sweet!

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

MK is probably my favorite series, I've bought everything not named Special Forces and MK9 was easily in my top 5 of last gen.

Really questioning the choice to do the "multiple versions of each fighter" thing though. Not liking how that's looking at all.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I just want them to bring Skarlet back. That's all I want. Then again, damn near every character they've shown off so far looks pretty sweet so I might be able to live without her...

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I just want them to Bring Freddy Kreuger back. That's all I want.

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanerobot said:

MK is probably my favorite series, I've bought everything not named Special Forces and MK9 was easily in my top 5 of last gen.

Really questioning the choice to do the "multiple versions of each fighter" thing though. Not liking how that's looking at all.

MK 9 got me into fighting games and I seriously can't wait for MKX. I agree 3 versions seems kind of weird (I want everything a character can do at my disposal at all times), and watching every video I can find of the new game made it seem you are locked into your decision at the beginning of a match. I could be wrong but I swear I saw a video with Ed Boon at PAX where he said you can switch mid fight, and it looked like Kano's colors were switching. Again I'm not 100% sure, but if that's true I kind of have no problem with 3 versions, then they are pretty much stance changes.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think that will make for some REALLY exciting match-ups especially in high level play.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why Mortal Kombat, WHY? Why must you give into the shitting nature that is pre-order content? Especially when it's a character in a fighting game. Hey, you know you're going to buy this game, but if you don't spend your money early fuck you, you can't play this character.

JordanaRama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JordanaRama

@benmo316 said:

Why Mortal Kombat, WHY? Why must you give into the shitting nature that is pre-order content? Especially when it's a character in a fighting game. Hey, you know you're going to buy this game, but if you don't spend your money early fuck you, you can't play this character.

It's gross but it's sadly the state of current big game marketing. I don't want to say theres nothing that can be done, because you can always vote with your dollar and all that but this is just sort of the way of things right now.

That being said I won't be preordering because I don't want to support it. Locking characters away seems especially unpleasant.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By SubwayD

Watch for Goro! Coming Soon!

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Shaanyboi

@kanerobot said:

Yeah, I'm not feeling that either. Like... it's interesting, but it's a layer I'm not super interested in engaging with when I finally pick this up. MK9 felt near-perfect to me, both on a nostalgic level and on a technical level. Slicing up characters just kinda comes off as disappointing.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@kanerobot said:

I think that will make for some REALLY exciting match-ups especially in high level play.

I don't disagree, but that's what's turning me off. Personally, I couldn't care less about high level play. I get that they sort of have to pander to that crowd since that's what's keeping fighting games relevant, but I'm not going to pretend to like it.

They could certainly pull it off, and by the time it comes out maybe it'll wind up being something kind of cool. But my initial impressions are not positive.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

This is fucking tempting.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Can't wait. Just going to imagine this is playing in the background eveyrtime more news comes out.

Loading Video...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick please, it's Kombatant.

Thanks.

LOTR_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

Patrick please, it's Kombatant.

Thanks.

You bring up a good point.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

MKX is pretty much a shoe in for EVO 2015, looking forward to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Cannot--cannot--fucking wait for this game.

GweedyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Pre-Order dlc makes me sad

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benmo316 said:

I hate that they are doing it, but Im gonna lay the blame squarely on this being something WB mandated since they seem to love doing this kinda thing with the Batman games now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@benmo316 said:

I hate that they are doing it, but Im gonna lay the blame squarely on this being something WB mandated since they seem to love doing this kinda thing with the Batman games now.

Publishers dictate a lot of this stuff.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Wow, that's sooner than I expected.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wait a year for the 39.99 version that comes with every dlc.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet.

IndridCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: mid April every other year on the dot a NRS Fighting game will come out. MK vs DC 2 in April of 2017... book it.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All aboard the MK Hype Traiiiiiin!!!!

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jordanarama said:

@benmo316 said:

It's gross but it's sadly the state of current big game marketing. I don't want to say theres nothing that can be done, because you can always vote with your dollar and all that but this is just sort of the way of things right now.

That being said I won't be preordering because I don't want to support it. Locking characters away seems especially unpleasant.

Destiny has no preorder bonuses (other than beta keys) and is the most preordered game of all time, so suck it?

It has pre-order gear/unlocks...

I'm not a fighting game fan, but MK games are a must-buy anyway. They're just damn fun to play with friends.

theinnkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: Added to the list of games I'll be playing along with SF4 and Marvel. Maybe Xrd, too, if that comes out in time.

TPoppaPuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benmo316 said:

They do it because not enough people buy it new and early at the full retail price. The idea is to get you to buy it before you think too hard about it or wait a week and get it for five to ten dollars cheaper used in which case they get absolutely nothing from it. I don't like the idea of holding such an iconic figure in the game back to a preorder bonus but I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if my livelihood was on the line. And don't be mistaken, NetherRealm's livelihood is very much on the line with this game as it is with every game.

UndeadPatPat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those were $500 sunglasses, asshole.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

WHOO, throw up the horns! \m/

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'll be waiting till Street Fighter V 2nd Edition gets released before I'll be playing any next gen. fighters.

riogordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holding out hope that with "multiple versions of each fighter", there'll be one that just happens to fit my play style well. (Hopefully that's the idea).

Not had a good track record of using 'changable fighting styles' in past fighting games. Too many things for my ponderously slow brain to think about during a match...

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benmo316 said:

WB is in love with this kind of garbage. Did you see Injustice? Like eight DLC characters, retail exclusive pre-order costumes, costumes unlocked by playing some card game for phones. It was ridiculous. Hell, MK9 had pre-order exclusive fatalities.

It's sad, but your best course of action for anything published by these clowns is to wait for the inevitable GotY edition.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By jiggajoe14

Oh hey that's my birthday! :)

Robopengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Can't wait. I absolutely loved MK9 and I'm excited to see what they do next. I don't normally pre-order games, but I'll be pre-ordering this since I know I'm buying it anyway. Locking Goro behind a pre-order wall is kinda shitty though. I guess WB has a bad habit of doing that stuff. If it is anything like the last game, they will probably end up releasing that stuff in a DLC pack or something after the game comes out, kind of like what they did with the Ninja color-swaps in MK9. Hopefully they won't screw it up like last time.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@benmo316 said:

Because they are owned by Warner Bros, which are the worst offenders in terms of preorder and new games content.

The stuff they pulled for Injustice was pretty crappy, and lets not even go into Arkham City's deal...

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Carlos1408

Looks like I might have to go next gen soon!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MKF30

Nice, can't wait! Already preordered!

For those complaining, nobody is forcing ya to preorder. But why wouldn't you want to? lol even if Goro wasn't DLC with it? lol

@Hermes: Nah WB isn't close the worst, Activision is worse and the ultimate worst is Capcom! They're beyond greedy with making 10 versions of SF4 already and charging ridicuous money for DLC...WB is actually far better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.