Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Franchise »

The Mortal Kombat series, and its many games, continues to deliver gruesome fighting action to its fans.

Mortal Kombat (2011) Endings

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By saoakden

In Mortal Kombat (2011), the arcade endings seem to indicate some kind of weird twisted future for Mortal Kombat. Like Liu Kang becoming a tryannical god, or Shang Tsung becoming a hero, Cyber Sub-Zero becomes a combination of Cyber Sub-Zero & Shao Khan.

I've seen at least half these endings but when I unlock some of them, they come with no subtitles or usually I can't hear the ending like the audio is missing. Is it because my account not being gold? Or is it because I beat it under tag team arcade? Has anyone else encounter this problem? & if they have, did they fix it somehow? Please let me know!

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By saoakden

In Mortal Kombat (2011), the arcade endings seem to indicate some kind of weird twisted future for Mortal Kombat. Like Liu Kang becoming a tryannical god, or Shang Tsung becoming a hero, Cyber Sub-Zero becomes a combination of Cyber Sub-Zero & Shao Khan.

I've seen at least half these endings but when I unlock some of them, they come with no subtitles or usually I can't hear the ending like the audio is missing. Is it because my account not being gold? Or is it because I beat it under tag team arcade? Has anyone else encounter this problem? & if they have, did they fix it somehow? Please let me know!

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By soldierg654342

You can turn subtitles on in the main menu and it subtitles the story mode as well as Ladder endings. All of them have some sort of dialogue except Cyber Sub-Zero's.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By saoakden

Why not Cyber Sub-Zero? Doesnt make sense.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By donchipotle

MK10 should be based off of Sheeva's ending because it involves her becoming the ruler of Australia. The game will be Sheeva fighting the Australian government until they stop banning video games.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shun_Akiyama

Johnny Cage's is the best!

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By soldierg654342

@saoakden said:

Why not Cyber Sub-Zero? Doesnt make sense.

Don't ask me. His ending just doesn't have any dialogue. I think the bigger question his why does he have an MK3 skin when he wasn't even in that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm pretty sure none of the Ladder endings are canon. I mean, it's separate from Story Mode for a reason. Not to mention that the Story Mode itself has a hanging thread ending that remains indicative of the direction the next Mortal Kombat game will take.

That being said, the Cyber Sub-Zero ending seems a lot like that Reiko ending in MK4. Just a neat way to explore the ways in which Shao Kahn might've manipulated the situation had the circumstances been a little different. A "What If" story, as it were.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By saoakden

@HistoryInRust: I have a feeling there non-canon but just a few of them had been recurring like the Liu Kang becoming a god. & We don't know what can happen next. Raiden did change the timeline. I know for sure that the sequel for MK 9 is going to have something to do with Shinnok. But if I recall correctly, most of the good guys are dead. Liu Kang is either really badly damaged or dead, Raiden, Sonya, and Johnny Cage are alive and everyone else is either dead or under Quan Chi's control.

The only thing I didn't like about story mode in MK 9 was afetr you beat it and started playing it again, you don't get a lot of money or whatever the currency in the game is called. Instead of lik 500 after winning a fight, we only get 10.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.