Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Franchise »

The Mortal Kombat series, and its many games, continues to deliver gruesome fighting action to its fans.

Mortal Kombat - Plus ca Khange

Avatar image for socialchameleon
    SocialChameleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By SocialChameleon

NetherRealm pulled it off, Mortal Kombat is an unqualified return to form for the series.  By shedding extraneous gameplay elements while keeping and updating the game's core mechanics, the newest MK feels like it used to, a fighting game that non-hardcore fighter players can sit down and enjoy without having to memorize interminably long lists of infinite combos.

It's too bad the bosses still cheat.  I know it's a minor complaint, and perhaps there just wasn't available development time, but to be honest, the boss fights are just flat out not fun, and it's because the bosses can ignore stun from hits, interrupt combos without spending any meter, and have X-Rays that do at minimum 20% more damage than any other character.  It's a good thing I don't have to play Story Mode more than once, because after that experience I don't think I'd ever want to.
    Avatar image for socialchameleon
    SocialChameleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SocialChameleon

NetherRealm pulled it off, Mortal Kombat is an unqualified return to form for the series.  By shedding extraneous gameplay elements while keeping and updating the game's core mechanics, the newest MK feels like it used to, a fighting game that non-hardcore fighter players can sit down and enjoy without having to memorize interminably long lists of infinite combos.

It's too bad the bosses still cheat.  I know it's a minor complaint, and perhaps there just wasn't available development time, but to be honest, the boss fights are just flat out not fun, and it's because the bosses can ignore stun from hits, interrupt combos without spending any meter, and have X-Rays that do at minimum 20% more damage than any other character.  It's a good thing I don't have to play Story Mode more than once, because after that experience I don't think I'd ever want to.
    NME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By NME
    It sounds like you've beaten story mode, but just in case you haven't, I'm going to respond you your blog with some minor spoilers.

I found both Goro and Kintaro to be acceptably juiced up. They were much tougher than anyone (aside from Shao Khan), sure, but I didn't struggle with them in the way I struggled with Shao Khan. That having been said, having to fight both Goro and Kintaro at once scared the hell out of me, and beating them was very satisfying.

The same isn't true of Shao Khan. I hated both fights against him and I derived no satisfaction from beating him other than thinking that I'd never have to bother with him again. Actually, that makes me pretty happy to write that here.

For that reason, I am dreading challenge 251.  A three-on-one challenge is hard enough, but with Shao Khan as one of your opponents? Ugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.