A werewolf dude

#1 Posted by GioVANNI (1280 posts) -

They should totally make one.

#2 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

Totally Werewolf Dude, Totally Parties!

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Totally Spies.

#4 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

He should be a ninja. An orange ninja because that color isn't taken. When he takes off his mask, his face should be a werewolf dude's. Totally.

On a side note: Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct
Scorpion vs Spinal
Sub-Zero vs Glacius
Liu Kang vs Jago
Reptile vs Riptor
Sonya vs Orchid
Jax vs Combo
Nightwolf vs Chief Thunder
Goro vs Eyedol
Blaze vs Cinder
Werewolf dude vs Sabrewulf

ROUND 1!
FIGHT!

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

They should totally make a Frankenstein dude.

#6 Posted by TabooTongue (114 posts) -

I hope this was a joke.
MK shouldn't have any stock characters like a "werewolf dude."

#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (7981 posts) -
@TabooTongue said:
"I hope this was a joke.MK shouldn't have any stock characters like a "werewolf dude.""
They totally should!
#8 Posted by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -

A werewolf with an MK twist would be the best non-human character since MK3's Motaro.

#9 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -
@TabooTongue said:
" I hope this was a joke.MK shouldn't have any stock characters like a "werewolf dude." "
Totally. I don't want anything distracting me from the multitude of "ninja dudes".
Moderator
#10 Posted by TabooTongue (114 posts) -
@buzz_clik said:
" @TabooTongue said:
" I hope this was a joke.MK shouldn't have any stock characters like a "werewolf dude." "
Totally. I don't want anything distracting me from the multitude of "ninja dudes". "
There are plenty of "ninja looking dudes," but: Which playable character is formally a Ninja? (Hint: Scorpion is the only one you can make a case for)
Technical limitations forced palette swapping on the series, that is a different discussion than adding a "werewolf dude" to the MK Universe in 2009.
#11 Posted by alexl86 (619 posts) -

You could argue that the first(to appear in the games) Sub-Zero was a ninja, though he detested that classification. He wore a mask, he was a thief and assassin, and he was a pretty stealthy guy. Since the first Sub-Zero is also Noob Saibot, and Noob is part of a cult of assassins you could make a case for him too(if you count them as separate entities). The others though, no. They're not really ninjas.
 
As for the Werewolf discussion, it doesn't really fit in with what MK is.

#12 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -
@TabooTongue said:
" There are plenty of "ninja looking dudes," but: Which playable character is formally a Ninja? (Hint: Scorpion is the only one you can make a case for)
Technical limitations forced palette swapping on the series, that is a different discussion than adding a "werewolf dude" to the MK Universe in 2009. "
For the record, I loves me some MK and totally agree with you that a werewolf has no place in the franchise. We've already got a fighting game that scratches that itch.
 
Stepping past the hair-splitting, I was actually being slightly flippant with my comment. However, the point behind it still stands: Mortal Kombat does have some pretty stock stuff going on at times. A lot of the time it's a giddying display of riotously bloody imagination, but there are some characters that are there (and enjoyable) because they are anchored in cliché.
Moderator
#13 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

They should:
A- Go back to 2D sprites in HD as in BB o the remake of SF II. 
B- Regain the old time Gore and awesomeness
C- Stick their heads out of their butts, MK died with MK IV, its time to go back.
D- NO MORE CROSS OVERS, seriously, MKvsDC has to be one of the worst high class fighters ever!.
E- Just remake the old 3 MK's in HD.

#14 Posted by TheHT (10274 posts) -

yeah and give him a jetpack.

#15 Posted by JackSukeru (5816 posts) -

Sure, werewolf dude. 
Half-man, half-MK9 
 
They should call him that to, "Mcanine".

#16 Posted by JokerClown88 (1051 posts) -

Dude a werewolf dude would be totally awesome and like totally killer.  He could like fatally eat a dudes like face off and totally claw him to bits.  That would be totally tublar. 
 
/sarcasum

#17 Posted by dbz1995 (4786 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Totally Spies. "
Wait, what? 
@TabooTongue said:
" @buzz_clik said:
" @TabooTongue said:
" I hope this was a joke.MK shouldn't have any stock characters like a "werewolf dude." "
Totally. I don't want anything distracting me from the multitude of "ninja dudes". "
There are plenty of "ninja looking dudes," but: Which playable character is formally a Ninja? (Hint: Scorpion is the only one you can make a case for)
Technical limitations forced palette swapping on the series, that is a different discussion than adding a "werewolf dude" to the MK Universe in 2009. "
Isnt the point of a ninja the idea that nobody knows that they are a ninja? You see, if a ninja dresses up like a ninja, sounds like a ninja, and smells like a ninja, but doesn't feel like a ninja, then he isn't a ninja...thats what you think. Its the perfect plan.
 
Anyway, a werewolf dude. Hmm...interesting. I honestly can't see him mixing into the franchise, but hey, anythings possible.
#18 Posted by ChernobylCow (238 posts) -

Wasn't Jax a werewolf?  He totally had metal arms.

#19 Edited by jakob187 (21503 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: Know your MK!!! 
 
Also, as far as this potential new MK game is concerned, I just want it to be in 2D only.  That's all.  If it's 3D, they lost a customer.  Plain and simple.
#20 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@TheHT said:
" yeah and give him a jetpack. "
AND a flame thrower.
#21 Posted by needforswede (492 posts) -
@ChernobylCow said:
" Wasn't Jax a werewolf?  He totally had metal arms. "
ha what the hell...everyone knows only Jax's arms were werewolf, the rest of him was super-saiyan.  But Sonya was half-werewolf, half-cyborg, half-Spider-Man.
#22 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

I would buy any game with this guy.

#23 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

" @TheGreatGuero:  Know your MK!!!  Also, as far as this potential new MK game is concerned, I just want it to be in 2D only.  That's all.  If it's 3D, they lost a customer.  Plain and simple. "

Trust me, I do know my MK. It's my favorite series. I know it better than any other game series. Tremor is brown, dude. Look again at the page. Brown. Also, I'm totally baffled since you're the guy that made the page, and you're calling him orange? Jakob, YOU'RE ON DRUGS!
#24 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@needforswede said:
" @ChernobylCow said:
" Wasn't Jax a werewolf?  He totally had metal arms. "
ha what the hell...everyone knows only Jax's arms were werewolf, the rest of him was super-saiyan.  But Sonya was half-werewolf, half-cyborg, half-Spider-Man. "
Just his arms, they're 2 wolves, on a full moon, they start trying to maul him, and he has to fend them off.
It's a curse but he deals with it.
#25 Posted by PNut_Buttr_Panda (484 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: 
or mortal kombat vs bloody roar?
#26 Posted by Conker (766 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
"@TheGreatGuero: Know your MK!!!  Also, as far as this potential new MK game is concerned, I just want it to be in 2D only.  That's all.  If it's 3D, they lost a customer.  Plain and simple. "

Agree with this. Also, I miss the days when MK used to be on PC :(
#27 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -
@CL60:

   Totally Spies. 


 This.
#28 Posted by Helimocopter (369 posts) -

smoke is a ninja

#29 Posted by GreggD (4443 posts) -

All I'm saying, is finish the arcade ladder with Nightwolf. Then you'll see what Ed Boon thinks of this thread.

#30 Posted by TechHits (1353 posts) -
@TabooTongue said:
I hope this was a joke.MK shouldn't have any stock characters like a "werewolf dude."
Yah they should only have totally original guys like the "Ninja Guy" or "Robo Guy".
#31 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -

No,no,no...They should make a BATWOLFMAN, a union between Batman and Werewolf...man.

#32 Posted by Hailinel (22708 posts) -

I'm a fan of MK's lone vampire character, so I have no business knocking the idea of an MK werewolf.

Coming Soon: Mortal Kombat 10: Twilight Edition

#33 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Nightwolf is close to a werewolf...his animality is a wolf... lol

#34 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@CL60 said:
Totally Spies.
 
Totally.
#35 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Nightwolf is a Twilight style werewolf.

#36 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

Grimlock should be in this game.

#37 Posted by YoThatLimp (1820 posts) -

@TheGreatGuero said:

He should be a ninja. An orange ninja because that color isn't taken. When he takes off his mask, his face should be a werewolf dude's. Totally.

On a side note: Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct
Scorpion vs Spinal
Sub-Zero vs Glacius
Liu Kang vs Jago
Reptile vs Riptor
Sonya vs Orchid
Jax vs Combo
Nightwolf vs Chief Thunder
Goro vs Eyedol
Blaze vs Cinder
Werewolf dude vs SabrewulfROUND 1! FIGHT!

Werewolf ninja? I am fucking down.

Or Teen Wolf in an orange basketball jeresy.

#38 Posted by Hailinel (22708 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

No,no,no...They should make a BATWOLFMAN, a union between Batman and Werewolf...man.

There must have been a Batman storyline where he was infected with lycanthropy by now. There must have been.

#39 Posted by Otogi (218 posts) -

Alright, yeah, werewolf dude. Could be cool.

#40 Posted by SamFo (1511 posts) -

Does anyone else think it's hilarious how popular this thread is?

#41 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Yeah 2 whole pages in 2 years. This thread is way too popular.

#42 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

No one thread should have, etc

I want a werewolf who tears off his own skin to reveal a generic, MK1 style Ninja that is beige and completely uninteresting.

#43 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -
@ChernobylCow said:
Wasn't Jax a werewolf?  He totally had metal arms.
Lol what?
#44 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -
@Coombs said:
I would buy any game with this guy.
Always fucking funny. I think its the 'No Mercy' that just finishes it off so well!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.