Achievement List

• 52 results
#1 Edited by TJ311 (415 posts) -

Attention all Achievement Whores! 

The Mortal Kombat Achievement List has been posted. There are online achievements but that doesnt sound like a problem cuz a lot of people will have this game. 
my favorite is "There Will Be Blood!" what are your guys thoughts? 

EDIT: here's the link.  http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mortal-kombat/achievements/

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@WR311 said:
" Attention all Achievement Whores!  The Mortal Kombat Achievement List has been posted. There are online achievements but that doesnt sound like a problem cuz a lot of people will have this game. my favorite is "There Will Be Blood!" what are your guys thoughts? "
Then why dont you post the list? 
#3 Posted by TJ311 (415 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @WR311 said:
" Attention all Achievement Whores!  The Mortal Kombat Achievement List has been posted. There are online achievements but that doesnt sound like a problem cuz a lot of people will have this game. my favorite is "There Will Be Blood!" what are your guys thoughts? "
Then why dont you post the list?  "
-____- SHIT! my bad, i meant to post to link. should be fixed now.
#4 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

so the story will be like MK vs DC then.

#5 Posted by Grilledcheez (3946 posts) -

Online achievements? AHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...oh well

#6 Posted by Iron_Past (172 posts) -
@GrilledCheez01 Well, it's a fighter, so yeah. None of them seem out of the ordinary or something you wouldn't get just by playing, so there's that.
#7 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

I'm not to bothered by the online achievements considering it's an MK game, so it has staying power. So it isn't like it will die out quick and you won't ever be able to get the achievements.

#8 Posted by DeathbyYeti (743 posts) -

So this says to unlock all costumes. Does this mean all those retail specific classic outfits are unlockable in game? Are the codes they are going to be giving out  DLC unlock codes much like EA games or will there be more costumes? The footage from last week has a glimspe of classic sub zero vs classic scorpion and they cant have retail achievements that require DLC as one of Microsofts rules. Speculation?

#9 Posted by DarkTravesty (330 posts) -
@DeathbyYeti:  more than likely yes, they are just early access codes without the need/hassle to unlock them.
#10 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -
@DeathbyYeti said:
" So this says to unlock all costumes. Does this mean all those retail specific classic outfits are unlockable in game? Are the codes they are going to be giving out  DLC unlock codes much like EA games or will there be more costumes? The footage from last week has a glimspe of classic sub zero vs classic scorpion and they cant have retail achievements that require DLC as one of Microsofts rules. Speculation? "
There will probably be alternate costumes for each character in game, and these are the ones you must unlock. The retail specific ones will probably be in addition to these and not count towards the achievement.
#11 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

The question I have is, what do they mean by "playable characters?" Is that just the characters you start with or, do you have to do all the stuff with ALL the characters?  Seems like a strange distinction if it is the latter.

#12 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Doesn't see that easy =\ 
damnit 
#13 Posted by Jeff (3485 posts) -
@HadesTimes said:
" The question I have is, what do they mean by "playable characters?" Is that just the characters you start with or, do you have to do all the stuff with ALL the characters?  Seems like a strange distinction if it is the latter. "
They mean that there are characters in the game that aren't playable. Bosses and such, I assume.
Staff
#14 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

The secret achievements: 

#15 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

Wait... 

"Perform 1 of each type of -ality"? 

Does that mean what I think it means? 

Jeff, what aren't we being told here?!

#16 Edited by TJ311 (415 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:

" The secret achievements: 

"
yea i didnt know if i should post this or not. cool that u did it. 

EDIT: alos if u refer to any of the Secret Achievements, please put them in Spoilers, dont want to ruin it for people who dont want to know about it.
#17 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (646 posts) -

There's one secret achievement I'm HIGHLY intrested in.
#18 Posted by Sanious (793 posts) -

Woah, quite a few of those secret achievements seem fucking awesome.

#19 Posted by fl4tlined (67 posts) -

one of those secrets is either going to be incredibly butt fuckingly retarded or incredibly awesome depending on how they pan this out 0_o

#20 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -
#21 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

Blehh I dislike online achievements.  I can already see people planning how to do cheap shit.

#22 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -
#23 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

They hinted at a robot version of Sub-Zero previously but that's still pretty cool. 
They also hinted at non robot versions of Sektor and Cyrax and the achievements seem to confirm that too.

#24 Posted by rmanthorp (3911 posts) -

SOOOOOO HYYYYYPPPPEEE!

#25 Posted by GunstarRed (5115 posts) -

I like most of them but the things like "win 10 matches in a row" always encourage dickish behaviour and probably disconnects when people are about to lose.
#26 Posted by Slaker117 (4837 posts) -
@marioncobretti:  I'd hope by now devs have figured out how to deal with disconnects. As in count it as a loss.
#27 Posted by GunstarRed (5115 posts) -
@Slaker117:
It still doesn't stop people from disconnecting,  even SSFIV let you quit out of matches and still get the 10 wins ina  row.
#28 Posted by Slaker117 (4837 posts) -
@marioncobretti:  Well that sucks. Lets hope these guy get it right at least. I'd like to see more games do what Bungie did with Reach. I'm not sure what their formula was, but after a certain number of disconnects you would get a temporary matchmaking ban, and if you kept it up it would eventually lose the ability outright. Rage quitters need to be punished, they ruin the game for everyone.
#29 Posted by GunstarRed (5115 posts) -
@Slaker117:
Start Rage Quitters with a half empty life bar! Or everytime they do a move Shao Khan says "YOU SUCK!"
#30 Posted by Dawglet (312 posts) -
#31 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

The win 10 in a row seems really hard for an average player.  Assuming you win half  your matches, that is like flipping 10 heads in a row.  Or a 0.1% chance on any 10 tries.  Even somebody who wins 90% of the time has a 35% chance in any given 10 games.  Then you add on the additional factor that people are more likely to mess up when on a prolonged streak and you have one hard achievement.

#32 Posted by Sammo21 (3261 posts) -

Looks cool...not too hard to attain but at the same time looks like it will take effort.  Cool.

#33 Posted by Conker (771 posts) -
Don't Jump!10 
Win A Ranked Online Match without jumping
#34 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -
#35 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -
@YoungFrey:  even if you win 50% of your matches, that doesn't mean you have a 50% chance to win. Theres no mathematical formula, it comes down to skill.
#36 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@anthanoid said:
" Does every mode unlock Krypt coins for the 100% or only certain ones? "
I'm positive I read that every mode does indeed reward coins, however things will be fairly expensive.
#37 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I should watch videos or something and see whats actually new about this game.

#38 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@sins_of_mosin said:

" I should watch videos or something and see whats actually new about this game. "

This video sealed the deal for me lol But yeah...the new story mode looks incredible, also Challenge Tower is big new one
#39 Posted by ghostchant (121 posts) -

One of those secret achievments seems to give legitimacy to one of the rumors regarding the bonus for completing the challenge tower
#40 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

Doesn't the King of the Hill Achievements rule out the game mode being XBOX exclusive?

#41 Posted by TJ311 (415 posts) -
@Druminator said:
" Doesn't the King of the Hill Achievements rule out the game mode being XBOX exclusive? "
the rumor is the 360 avatars would be exclusive, not the KotH game mode.
#42 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -
@WR311:  Ah, I see, thanks.
#43 Posted by spankingaddict (2661 posts) -

Fudge!!!! The achievements/trophies seem really hard and time consuming!

Oh and FUCK ONLINE achievements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#44 Posted by TJ311 (415 posts) -
@Druminator: no problem
#45 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@spankingaddict said:
" Fudge!!!! The achievements/trophies seem really hard and time consuming!Oh and FUCK ONLINE achievements!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
yeah...online achievements are the only ones I'm dreading...rage quitters, trash talkers, cheap players hurray SIGH
#46 Posted by ghostchant (121 posts) -

I see on Jeff's page that he is unlocking achievments for the game and I oculdn't be more jealous :)
#47 Edited by Crono (2653 posts) -

I think the best chances of getting the "Win 10 online matches in a row" achievement are to play the game on day 1. At least for a noob like me :D

#48 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
#49 Posted by Superdude201 (62 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
" Here's the picture for Mileena's "Flesh Pit" alternate, prepare to be disappointed...
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3 "
Eugh, such a let down. They hyped up the Challenge tower reward, and that looks pretty lame : |
#50 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -

"Wavenet..." is a seriosuly kickass name for a Mortal Kombat achievement. Well, if you understand the context of it anyway -- which I'm sure most of us do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.