Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Challenge 251 on Vita! WTF!

Salesmunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salesmunn

I'm having a hell of a time with this. I cruised through 250 but 251 is brutal. I can beat Baraka and Sindel relatively easily but I can't get Shao Kahn under 50% health. I watch videos like this and and it looks easy but that jump/uppercut/jump doesn't work at all on the Vita.

Any thoughts? Just advice on beating Shao Kahn with Shang Tsung.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaggE

I just cheese him with projectiles from far away. Rarely fails me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Honestly, you gotta get lucky with the strat he is using. Sometimes the CPU falls for it sometimes they don't. With Kahn you really just gotta try to keep your distance and know how to read his moves. He becomes predictable after you fight him enough. The only problem is when he hits you he hits HARD. Just keep at it duder.

Salesmunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Salesmunn

@Demoskinos said:

Honestly, you gotta get lucky with the strat he is using. Sometimes the CPU falls for it sometimes they don't. With Kahn you really just gotta try to keep your distance and know how to read his moves. He becomes predictable after you fight him enough. The only problem is when he hits you he hits HARD. Just keep at it duder.

I finally got past it and of course, aced it. It's all about the medium and far ground fireballs. Get Kahn at mid-range do the medium ground fireball, if he's at far range, spam the far ground fireball over and over. If he gets close try to jump over him and maybe sneak in a jump-kick then keep spamming fireballs.

If you start up and he's spamming you with his charging ram attacks over and over, you're fucked.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@ShaggE said:

I just cheese him with projectiles from far away. Rarely fails me.

I thought that's how everyone beats shao kahn, just spam him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.