Compatibility Pack 4 and the alternate costume(s)

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

One of them have already been shown during the comic con event depicting unmasked Sub Zero.
 
As usual, not surprising at all that it was another Ninja alternate. I'm guessing unmasked sub zero will be joined with MK2 Mileena.

#2 Edited by Guyzea (816 posts) -

No purple spandex Jax or green spandex Sonya :( 
 
Edit: No Backwards Cap Stryker either? :(

#3 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Guyzea said:
No purple spandex Jax or green spandex Sonya :(  Edit: No Backwards Cap Stryker either? :(
No, if you're not a ninja, you don't get anything apparently. lol
 
Even though Johnny Cage is a ninja mime, he gets squat too.
#4 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

Have they said that this is the end of DLC? I feel like they could still put out another pack at least of klassic skins.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Disengage said:

Have they said that this is the end of DLC? I feel like they could still put out another pack at least of klassic skins.

Not necessarily the end of costumes. They only said that they planned on four DLC characters.

#6 Posted by Undeadpool (4963 posts) -

@xhavoc86: Boon already said it wouldn't be Milleena, so there's at least one x-factor to be had.

#7 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

If it follows the pattern of the other packs, the second costume will be the same, just a different color. Glad to see the MK3 ninja design get put in at least.

#8 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Slaker117 said:
If it follows the pattern of the other packs, the second costume will be the same, just a different color. Glad to see the MK3 ninja design get put in at least.
If that's the case, I'm betting on Cyber Smoke.
#9 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

I'm hoping for Cyber Sub-Zero to have the MK3 Cyrax/Sektor design.

#10 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1793 posts) -

Eh, I played some yesterday and found that I've fallen far enough behind the curve that this DLC doesn't even really matter to me. Besides, unmasked Sub-Zero and all the spandex in the (U)MK3 costumes was always dumb to me. 

#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Well, MK3 Sub-Zero is probably enough to get me to download the compatibility pack. I always loved that costume for Sub-zero and he really got screwed over in the game by only getting a palate swap as his second outfit.

Would still love to see Striker, Raiden, Sony and Kung Lao at some point though.

#12 Posted by rmanthorp (4020 posts) -

@Guyzea said:

Edit: No Backwards Cap Stryker either? :(

:(

Moderator
#13 Posted by TechHits (1387 posts) -

Isn't it obvious that they are going to release an MK3 Scorpion alongside Subzero? I mean they would just have to make a new head. 
 
or maybe I'm crazy I dunno.

#14 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
@TechHits: No, that's what I'm expecting them to do as well.
#15 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

Why can't they give alt costumes to non-ninja characters?
I want alt costumes for Johnny Cage and Stryker!

#16 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:
Why can't they give alt costumes to non-ninja characters? I want alt costumes for Johnny Cage and Stryker!
It's probably just the theme for the first few releases, I'm betting they'll expand to more characters, or at least hoping... especially for the dlc characters.
#17 Posted by TechHits (1387 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:
Why can't they give alt costumes to non-ninja characters? I want alt costumes for Johnny Cage and Stryker!
the simple answer is it takes twice as much work, ninja = Pallet swap, non ninja = new model.
#18 Edited by TechnoSyndrome (944 posts) -

 
Wow Netherrealm, way to not get Sub-Zero's MK3 costume right at all in favor of being able to swap the head and reuse it six more times. If you aren't going to bother modeling his actual costume you might as well give him the mask and color him like Classic Sub-Zero from UMK3.
 
Edit: As for the second costume, I'm sure it'll be Scorpion since the last three packs have had two different colors of the same costume, and then they'll release one or two more costume packs for $5 each made up of MK2 Mileena, UMK3 Human Smoke, and all of the MK2 and UMK3 versions of the ninjas they didn't include with any of the DLC. It'd be cool if they also did MK3 Cyber-Smoke, but I doubt they'd put in the effort to reanimate some of his moves to be more robot-like and to add the robot effect on his voice.
#19 Edited by minotaka (320 posts) -
@Disengage said:

I'm hoping for Cyber Sub-Zero to have the MK3 Cyrax/Sektor design.

Misread that to start with but yeah that would be awesome!
#20 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1010 posts) -

I have a feeling it's going to be an unmasked Scorpion with skull and fire head and palette swap of the Sub-Zero unmasked UMK3 body.
#21 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Taku128 said:

  Wow Netherrealm, way to not get Sub-Zero's MK3 costume right at all in favor of being able to swap the head and reuse it six more times. If you aren't going to bother modeling his actual costume you might as well give him the mask and color him like Classic Sub-Zero from UMK3.
lol
#22 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Dare I say that un-masked sub zero looks kind of dumb? I always expected him to be badly scarred under his mask, here he looks like he just got a fresh shave...

#23 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Yanngc33 said:

Dare I say that un-masked sub zero looks kind of dumb? I always expected him to be badly scarred under his mask, here he looks like he just got a fresh shave...

It does, especially since they're doing it wrong anyways as someone mentioned above lol
#24 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
@Yanngc33 said:

Dare I say that un-masked sub zero looks kind of dumb? I always expected him to be badly scarred under his mask, here he looks like he just got a fresh shave...

It does, especially since they're doing it wrong anyways as someone mentioned above lol
 
I tried googling a video, and there is only a blurry only blurry one available. I can't tell if he has a scar on the right side of his face at all.
#25 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

@xhavoc86: It's not wrong if they're basing it off of Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

#26 Posted by TechHits (1387 posts) -
@Disengage said:

@xhavoc86: It's not wrong if they're basing it off of Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

It's a classic costume, a mk3 classic costume.
#27 Posted by MatPaget (1121 posts) -

They have to get the Sub Zero Deception costume

#28 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

@TechHits said:

@Disengage said:

@xhavoc86: It's not wrong if they're basing it off of Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

It's a classic costume, a mk3 classic costume.

Meant to say from the classic MK film Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

#29 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

@Disengage said:

@TechHits said:

@Disengage said:

@xhavoc86: It's not wrong if they're basing it off of Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

It's a classic costume, a mk3 classic costume.

Meant to say from the classic MK film Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

Actually, after doing a quick Google search, I think you might be right. Granted, the images I found weren't great, and the image we're comparing to isn't great, but things like the full chest piece, as apposed to the two straps in MK3, and blue arm guards are the same across both.

#30 Edited by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Disengage said:

@TechHits said:

@Disengage said:

@xhavoc86: It's not wrong if they're basing it off of Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

It's a classic costume, a mk3 classic costume.

Meant to say from the classic MK film Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

I thought about that myself, it does look like the live action movie version, but why would they do that? lol
 
edit: Nevermind, they might be adding a Movies pack since Freddy is from the movies... maybe? lol
#31 Posted by Rafaelfc (1385 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
 they might be adding a Movies pack since Freddy is from the movies... maybe? lol
That would be a respectable decision.
#32 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Rafaelfc said:
@xhavoc86 said:
 they might be adding a Movies pack since Freddy is from the movies... maybe? lol
That would be a respectable decision.
I would not mind this, I like the movie costumes for the female ninjas, they're covered up, but i liked them. lol
#33 Posted by Rafaelfc (1385 posts) -
@xhavoc86 said:
@Rafaelfc said:
@xhavoc86 said:
 they might be adding a Movies pack since Freddy is from the movies... maybe? lol
That would be a respectable decision.
I would not mind this, I like the movie costumes for the female ninjas, they're covered up, but i liked them. lol
perhaps a little too respectable in that regard...
#34 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@Rafaelfc: you dont like the female ninja movie costumes? lol
Mortal Kombat Annihilation
#35 Posted by HistoryInRust (6348 posts) -

I'd like to see a Classic (Or, rather, UMK3-style) Rain. But considering the fact that he's a DLC character, I'd bet this isn't likely.

Online
#36 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (944 posts) -

  

  Trailer for the compatibility pack is up, it's "Klassic Sub-Zero" and "Retro Cyber Sub-Zero". Is it hypocritical that I'm mad they got Sub-Zero's MK3 costume wrong, but psyched for the Retro Cyber Sub-Zero costume even though Cyber Sub-Zero wasn't even in the arcade games?
#37 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

I'm kind of disappointed that it wasn't unmasked Scorpion.
I guess its good that Cyber Sub-Zero finally got an alternate costume, I just hope they give one to all the DLC characters too

#38 Posted by Rafaelfc (1385 posts) -

Disappointed, couldn't care less about Cyber Sub Zero... cool for those that do, I guess. 
But i'm EXTREMELY pumped for Freddy Krueger, so it's not all bad.

#39 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Disappointed indeed. Not looking forward to next week lol

#40 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -

I like the klassic Sub-Zero well enough - but honestly... there is no such thing as klassic Cyber-Sub 
If they had to go for a pallet-swap... eh... model-swap, they might as well have given us Mileena, since she at least existed.

#41 Posted by TechHits (1387 posts) -

Yah I'm kinda disappointed in cyber subzero. Imo Cyber Smoke would have been better. 

#42 Posted by handlas (2700 posts) -

super lame that they didn't takethe time to recreate MK3 Sub-Zero and instead just took his mask off and changed up his clothes a bit. And Cyber Sub-Zero? Another recolor..what a cop out. 
 
Oh well its free...I won't download it but whatever. I'll enjoy Freddy. Put out a full pack of MK3 skins that cost money and I'll buy it...PLEASE.

#43 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

The way I look at it is, least Cyber Sub Zero gets a second alternate costume, now if they can do that for the dlc character's we're set for everyone having at least one other option lol

#44 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

I like it if they did Cyber-Smoke, they would need to make a whole new character for Smoke.

#45 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -
@OneManX said:

I like it if they did Cyber-Smoke, they would need to make a whole new character for Smoke.

Not necessarily, they did a fine job of doing Sektor/Cyrax as human/cyborg, but they would have to reanimate and redo a lot of his moves for the cyber version if they kept the same skill sets.
#46 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

@TechHits said:

Yah I'm kinda disappointed in cyber subzero. Imo Cyber Smoke would have been better.

Cyber Smoke doesn't exist in the new timeline.

#47 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I love the classic Sub-zero, even if it's not quite accurate to MK3.

Really disappointed with Cyber Subby getting one.. He's not a classic character and never looked like that, so why? It's not like recolouring the Sub-zero costume and swapping the head to make UMK3 Scorpion would have been hard.

#48 Posted by HistoryInRust (6348 posts) -

So, since these are free, I have no reason to be upset.

Online
#49 Posted by TechHits (1387 posts) -
@Disengage said:

@TechHits said:

Yah I'm kinda disappointed in cyber subzero. Imo Cyber Smoke would have been better.

Cyber Smoke doesn't exist in the new timeline.

ok, but classic cyber Sub zero doesn't exists in any time line. 
#50 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

they actually animated sub-zeros mouth when unmasked, that's good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.